Mr Big Ego needs to go

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by theWORM, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho First Round Draft Pick

So far Stuckey has had exactly one injury. Its starting to feel like Chauncey is wearing out come play off time. His minutes aren't all that high any more so we can't blaim it on that.

2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, I don't believe that either. I think that had more to do with Flip being passive, having sub-par X's and O's, and being all around undemanding. Curry, on the surface, appears to be somewhat an opposite to Saunders and I think that holds more water with Sheed than his race.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If we're just looking at the playoffs, then I agree with you. But over the course of the whole season, I'd give the nod to CB.

But whatever, they were both good.

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Completely agree with you it is more important, but it is not the only important thing. His philosophy is a hundred times more important. I am curious to see how Sheed reacts to Curry when he criticizes, benches him etc. though.

5. Pwn Toney

Nevertheless, the most detrimental portion of his game is his unwillingness to drive the lane without being ridden constantly to do so. This is evidenced by the obvious impact Stuckey had once he got confident and started to break down opposing pg's thereby weakening our opponent's defensive sets.

If Curry can force Billups and Co. back to the paint then maybe he can stay, but if you have a chance to get a reasonable pg that will drive and kick instead of kick and kick...then he can be replaced without the team being worse off long term.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

That's what I am worried about. Hopefully Joe does not pull the trigger too fast right now unless it is a very good trade for the Pistons regardless of the coaching change.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Curry so far seems to be LB-lite, but one of the biggest strengths of LB was his tactical strategy and adjustments. We'll see what Curry can do, and I'm looking forward to it.

8. Pwn Toney

But, what I was describing IS a coach's philosophy (at least in my mind). I don't think a guy figures a coach is more or less competent because of his race. If anything history of sports would suggest that Black players would be more likely to follow a White coach because until recent history, coaches were predominantly White. So by default they were more successful. Besides, I don't see any history of Sheed or any other player not responding to coaches because of their color. It usually had to do with everything OTHER THAN color (playing time, philosophy, pay, personal treatment, etc.).

9. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho First Round Draft Pick

Joe has never shown himself to be the kind of GM to make moves to make moves, he seems to make a trade knowing it improves us immediately or will do so in the near future. I have faith that Joe will do what is best to improve the team.

10. Pwn Toney

Yeah, Curry's X's & O's are a big big ? at this point. If he takes a few pages from the LB book, it will be quite obvious. However, the first time I see the Pistons run the 3 man weave on a fast break...I'm off the bandwagon. :stirthepot:

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I am not saying that it will be a huge difference. I think it will be little things that we might not see but could possibly make a difference. We will see (unless Sheed gets traded).

12. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Lpgrl, I agree with your assessment, however, CB is also an erratic PG.

You really never know which CB will show up especially in the playoffs.

CBillups is an average point guard with average pg skills. The only thing that distinguishes himself from the other average PG's in the league is CB has a much bigger ego.

I have never liked his talk and philosophy of being down and having to scratch to get a win. It's almost as though he wants to be the savior. This crap does and should not fly in professional basketball.

My stock fell on CB after the 2005 season. No longer did I see a ferocious pg in the mold of a mini Zeke, instead I began to see a self-serving, arrogant, shell of a pg who wanted to continue to ride the props and accolades from the previous season.

I DID not want Joe D to sign CBill last summer and it totally turned my stomach when I found out that we would be disgraced with his presence for another 3 years.

If I was to speculate who was the source of dissension in the locker room that Curry alluded to, CB would be at the top of my list.

I find this forum as a way of expressing how we (I, and I am speaking for self and self only) feel about the current, future and past state of the pistons, as well as what we like and what we dislike.

As a person CBill is probably an ok guy, I am not going to assasinate his character, I just feel that the pistons no longer offer a challenge for him, therefore with a change of scenery, he may rediscover the competitive fire that he exhibited a few years ago.

Nothing better than to be assigned to your home state and doing all the neat basketball things that you envisioned as a kid. That's why I am really hoping that Joe construct a trade with Denver. He can then go back home and be the Man.

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

So he is an average PG...and his ego would bring him down so you are basically saying he is a below average PG. Wow. If this team does not have a star that gets all the credit than they also have a team that takes blame collectively. Besides Stuckey, every other Piston was subpar in the ECF. Chauncey was playing very well until that injury.

14. armygirl

Some good points, however, I am in the military, my family defintely misses me when I am away on maneuvers, i.e. But I still have to go out and do the best possible job that I can do. I cannot give up on my team.

The way I treat my team which is like an extended family, I will have that same attitude at home.

It's nothing wrong with a healthy ego, but when it begins to negatively impact the whole, we got a problem Houston.

CB did not play hard during this series, with the exception of game 6 when it was clear that their arses was on the line. Let's not blame this on the hamstring injury, I didn't see that.

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In theory CB's advantage is being able to post up small guards with his strength. And the size that let's him do that is what makes him a step or so less quick and unable to really drive the lane.

Now of course if you were to argue that he hardly ever does that either, and that his strength ought to let him take blows in traffic and still finish, then I'd have to... just be quiet.

I had such high hopes for this post too.

16. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

If you added Billups to the best team in the NBA this year he would be no more than their 3rd best player.

17. armygirl

I said an average PG with Avg PG skills, average is not equated to subpar at all.

Every year there is an excuse for CBillups playoff flameout. Just add one more thing to the pile. Of course his hamstring.

I can't remember what the excuse was last year when he couldn't contain Boobie Gibson. Oh yeah I know fatigue (lol).

I won't even discuss the year before that. Tiem for him to GO.

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

BOS isn't a good comparison. They are not exactly a "normal" team. Put him on the Cavs or Lakers and he'd be the 2nd best.

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

My high school coach was white and I didn't respond to him. That's all I have to go by from my own experience.