Murder@Pf.com: Game Over.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Darth and Jammer collaborated to oust D4E. Who was innocent. Murderer Darth clinches the game and the ultimate prize...unlimited Flip Saunders media bites! Enjoy Darth Tater. I'm sure noone will trust you again. :spy:
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I am vindicated.

Thanks to all of the weiners who mocked my instincts.
  3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

What? No eulogy for me? :skull:

I forgot who the other killer was--detteam? Somebody owned up to it in Tigers chat today.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i knew it!!!!
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Hey bro, we were both on the same page. lol.
  6. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i will never trust a lawyer again...

--- wait a tick
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

I lost the instinct vs. "evidence" battle with Darth very early on.
    Congrats Mr. Tater, you were never caught!
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Unfortunately there is no joy in "victory" for me.

I made my best effort to make the game entertaining for everyone. Unfortunately, a couple of friendships were damaged if not destroyed in the process. I appreciate those of you who were able to keep my secret (Linwood, Dlev, Kimberly..any others that I'm not aware of) when you found out the truth after someone (I won't name the person) decided to spill the beans.

Personally, I'm not sure we should even play this again next offseason. Through no fault of Slippy's (who did a great job), the cost was perhaps higher than any benefits the forum received. Live and learn.

I hope most people realize I was only playing a role. I sincerely apologize to anyone who was hurt in the process.
  9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Congratulations to Darth for playing me like a fiddle! :laugh:

Congratulations to me for being the last innocent man standing :messer: and the worst detective on the planet.:frusty:

By the way, who was the 2nd killer?? I'm just dying to know!

A special thanks to Slippy for not only organizing the games, but also for your entertaining euolgies and a little :stirthepot: every now and then.

It must have been very hard for you to sit back as we helplessly grasped at straws and hung innocent forum members. :wedgie:
  10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Unlimited Flip media bites! :gaah: Oh Darth, I'm still kinda mad atcha but not mad enough to wish this on you. :tsk: After all that deceptive skill par excellence. Really Slippy it's an outrage! Give the man his prize:winner_first_h4h: for cryin' out loud.
  11. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Detteam was the other killer. I think he killed twice. TheeTFD and Motown Pride, but I'm not sure about that.

Also....drum roll...the basketball cluewords or murder posts were crossover and salary. And of course Wallace was the Pistons clueword. Both detteam and Darth used crossover very ingeniously and creatively. Difficult to find. Proffessor you might want to run an advanced search on crossover for the past month. I think you'd appreciate with what skill the murderers wielded their weapons.

My apologies to anyone who hanged as a result of my clueword mistakes along the way. I think I thought it was defensive and rebound, team and ring, roster and starter and god know what other combinations. The cluewords really were a nightmare.

I found crossover finally, partly because of the inside knowledge that I could not use in all fairness. I never did find salary, or even have it on the spreadsheet. It just didn't ring a bell as a basketball word to me.
    My big AHA moment was finding crossover and every murder post on my spreadsheet. LOL. I was murdered shortly thereafter. :rolleyes: But I died with a smile and the word crossover on my lips.:)
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh man, Terry Glenn's crossover move!!! Wow, that's horrible. That doesn't even make sense... and you used the same reference TWICE in the same thread!:frusty:

A great public speaker once said:
    I just thought you were going all Bill Walton on me Darth, turns out you were going all murderer!

Oh man, Detteam's is a lame football one too! :frusty:

13. linwood

linwood All-Star

Nice job Kim! I was far to lazy to do this kind of research and work. I just figured it was Darth because... well, you know, it's Darth!

You hung me for the words defense and rebounds in one of my many Ben Wallace tirades. But I'm not bitter. I had a good time hangin with Det up in Heaven and laughing at the game.
  14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:pound: You know when I first read Darth's fantasy football post I read that crossover reference, I thought wait a second I've never heard a crossover being a football move. LOL. But it just didn't register as other than a misused word (in my editor brain), even though I was looking for bball words. On my spreadsheet I only had crossover where it was used properly as a basketball word. I didn't have detteam's creative use either. Hell, detteam's isn't even proper English. I guess it's true that you see what you are looking for. They did a good job.
  15. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I tried to get people on the darth bandwagon a couple of times but it didnt work.

So well done, just like Tim Hardaway, you had a killer crossover!

Breakin ankles and necks everywhere...:crutch:
  16. Slippy

I'll get with roscoe to add murder champ (or something like it) to his name. True to Darth's form, he encouraged a lot of interaction. He did have the game's best interest in mind and not only his survival.

Yeah, as the game progressed, it became apparent that people never wrapped their brains that the words were related to basketball and not its usage. Looking backwards, CROSSOVER sticks out. Since the game is new to everyone, its understandable. However, it did stick out in people's brains and that's when you should have put the magnifying glass on that poster.

It also seemed like people seemed to treat every murder individually and not as a series of murders. It was interesting to watch darth go from suspect #1 to not even getting a vote next round.

Perhaps the most interesting thing about the game from a birds-eye view was the aspect of leadership. Darth took initiative and a lot of it was his cunning but it looked like part of it was people's willingness to follow.
    On the flip side, Darth was never so close to dying as when Roscoe seemed to rally the mob. And the most interesting thing was that once Roscoe was gone, the anti-Darth movement was ineffectual. the evidence against darth only got stronger.

Well, it was fun while the fun lasted.
  17. roscoe36

Honestly, Darth is the most fun person to have on trial each week. At one point, he had enough of his "pals" voting against me as the field narrowed that I had to be careful about continuing to accuse him because I didn't want to die.

That was the week I picked detteam, because no one would vote, and I was sure that Darth was counting on me voting for him, so he could get everyone to vote for me. By voting for detteam, I got everyone else going sideways. Even AKMW.

I didn't even know detteam was the killer. That was dumb instinctual luck.

But honestly, no one cries and moans better than Darth when you give him a hard time. And I was sure he was one of the killers, because he was the most involved player in the game who was doing zero research.
  18. Slippy

i disagree he did a lot of research. if you said just enough to be suspicious, he'd go after you. lol
  19. roscoe36

and he did, killing me when i let my guard down.
  20. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Darth rocks! :) :good: