Murder@PF.com

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Fellow Forumites! We would like to try a murder mystery game. This is how it would work:

We gather a list of people who will participate. The GameMaster (GM) will pick 1 (or 2) participants to be the murderer(s). They will attempt to kill off as many participants as possible before being caught and hung.

Rules of the game: the Murderer will be given a keyword. The keyword (cannot be abbreviated or broken up and must be wholly intact) must be in the post that includes the name of the victim (this can be abbreviated). The post will be PM'd to the GM along with a hint...one letter of the keyword. The GM will PM the victim letting him know that he/she has been off'd and will make an announcement to the game thread...someone has been murdered and a clue has been left. Also the keyword will be pistons related.

Everyday after the first murder the group of participants must vote (POLL!!!) on who will be hung for the crimes. The murderer is among these people and can try to divert attention from him or her. Hangings will happen at around 10 PM eastern.

Murder posts can occur anytime during the day but if a murdered person is hung, the murderer has until 6 AM the next morning to get another victim. Murder posts can be posted in any thread visible to all the members.

I would like to get murdered participants and wrongfully accused avatars available for players.

If you are interested, please sign in here.

Darth Tater
    Roscoe36
    Jammertime
    The Low
    Motown Pride
    AuroraKMW
    Warthog
    professor
    linwood
    TheeTFD
    dlev

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Great idea slippy. I'm in.

I hope the murderer doesn't kill Linwood first because you know who is gonna get blamed and hung! :laugh:

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ok I will play.

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds cool, I'm in.

... but I think I'll have to re-read your post a couple of more time before I fully get it. :confused: :laugh:

5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm good. This should be fun.

Oh, and I just told Jackie Chan about Snakes on a Plane....

[​IMG]

...he was happy...

6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I'm in. But I have re-read your post Slippy and even diagrammed it out and put it on a consecutive timeline and I still don't get it. So :laugh: further explanation will be needed for me. And yes, I was the kid always saying,"Wait, how does it go again? What are the rules?" Please be tolerant.

7. Slippy

Anatomy of a Murder:

Slippy (the GM) designates Jammertime as the murderer. He PM's Jammer saying you are the murderer and the keyword is: BACKUP. So jammer posts in the Delfino tracker thread: "Roscoe, Deflino has got a lock as tay's backup...despite what you may think. "
    Jammer PM's the post to the GM for moderation. It contains Roscoe (the victim) and Backup (the keyword). The PM to the GM also includes the letter hint. In this case: "A". I PM Roscoe saying: You have been killed...and post a message to the thread saying: Roscoes body has been found...nearby was a letter A....authorities are baffled.

After the murder, a poll will be opened to vote on who will be hanged for the dastardly deed. People discuss who would is guilty. The murderer can join this discussion and accuse anyone if he/she so chooses.

So people decide to hang Thee because he also said Roscoe. Jammer posts another place: Darth blahblahblah...blah blah blah my daughter backup-ed into a SUV last weekend blahblah blah.

Darth is found dead with a C by his name.

People vote.

I am thinking about removing the name requirement. having the name might be too easy to discover the murderer.

8. Slippy

I think we'll try it out with needing to include the name but you can abbreviate, truncate, or otherwise disguise the name of the victi (i.e. writing THE LOWest bidder...just bold it when PM'ing the GM so that he/she knows who you intend to kill). the keyword must be intact.

The entire post is fair game this time around.

9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'm in. Sounds cool! :nod:

10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm in!!

11. Darth Tater

Come on guys.

8 isn't enough. :D

12. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i'll try but i'm gonna have to read the instructions 100 more times before i get it... :ohwell:

13. linwood

linwood All-Star

I guess I'm in... although I'm still a bit confused. Does the letter thing have to be in order? Does the post that kills victim numero three have to have a solitary C in it? As in: "Darko would be lucky to make the C squad for a contender"

Anyway, count me in.

I think everyone here should know that DarthTater has already sent me private messages threatening my life. Just for the record.

14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:

15. Darth Tater

:pound:Blabber mouth! That threat was supposed to be private. I have a rep to uphold. **cough**

Well, I'll answer your question anyhow, although you'll be a stiff long before round three if I'm the killer. The letter thing is random. If the key word is "rebound" the 3rd victim may be found with an "n" pinning his loose lips shut.

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I smell a trap.

17. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Before I say yes I have a question. Can you attempt to murder posters of your own choosing?

I know a couple of folk I would like to whack!!!!!!!:mad:

Just kidding......:heh:

18. Slippy

We have our list of lab mice...I mean players. Please be patient with the game as it has been tweaked from a parlor game to be a forum game. Hopefully, we can work out the bugs and have an enjoyable offseason/ non-fantasy bball distraction.

We will be giving the murderer 2 days (instead of one) to select a victim so that its not so obvious by looking at post traffic.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

How about a simple trial in this contest forum so we don't have to leap all through the forum to find stuff?
    If no one posts then the last poster did it?
    All must post.

20. Slippy

FOUNDER OF PF.COM SLAIN!

The body of one Roscoe36 was found early this morning next to a brand spanking new AMD Athlon 4000. The server was unharmed but the letter "E" was emblazoned across the screen. Police have no leads and rumors abound that this was no random act of violence. Roscoe was well liked but his position put him at odds with more than one fellow member.

A lynch mob is reported to be forming to swiftly deal with this despicable act.