Murder!@PF.com2 Rules: Read 'em and Weep

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

General Rules:

Two participants will be selected to be murderers. Their goal is to murder everybody in the Forum (playing the game) while avoiding the noose. After every murder, there will be a hanging as MOB JUSTICE will be used to deal with the crime. People will vote on who they think should be punished for the murder. The group will have 1 day to decide who to hang. Murderers will have 3 days to commit the next murder. This will go on until the murderers make up the majority, the game is tied (that still means the murderers win) or all the murderers are hung for their crimes.

The Clue System:
    The Murderers will get 3 CLUEWORDS...two basketball related and one pistons related. To commit a murder, the killer must use 2 of 3 CLUEWORDS in a single post. Once that is done, the killer will PM me the name of the victim and the HINT LETTER. The HINT LETTER will be the 1 pistons related Clueword. ~please note the change this game: the name of the victim will not need to appear for a murder to occur.

The Immunity Word:
    The Murders will choose a Keyword from a list of approved keywords. If a participant uses the keyword in a post, that person gets immunity from murder during the round. When the murderers name the victim, I will run a search for the keyword. If the intended victim already used the keyword during the round, the murder attempt will be foiled AND a clue will be left at the intended scene. They will need to make another murder post (2 of 3 clues) and choose another victim. At the end of the three day period, I will run another search for the keyword. If the intended victim manages to use the keyword, the murderers will have 1 day to choose someone else, post a murder post (2 of 3 cluewords).

In a nutshell, if you manage to write (not quote) the immunity word before they try to kill you, a clue letter will be left and you get to live. When they do manage to kill someone, they will have to leave yet another clue.
    If they finger you to die and you manage to post the immunity word, you get to live and the game gets extended.
    Victims will not be notified that they were targeted...only that a clue was left...or the murder turn was extended.

Word rules:
    Cluewords will not count when abbreviatedor nicknamed. You can, however, extend the word. Example: block is the word. blk does not count but shotblocking will.
    Immunity word must be exact.

FAQ;
    Questions may be directed at the blue space to the left or right. Good luck!
  2. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

:confused: :noidea: :Cry:

i would rather die than be a murderer. a guy would need a PhD to understand this... hey, wait a minute...i resemble that remark

if i'm named a murderer, i'll probably be the first one in the history of this game to off himself by accident. :doh:
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

HEY!?!!...WAIT A MINUTE! Apparently I'm one of a few on this roster that don't entirely 'get' this game. Is suicide an option? :eek: I'd miss prof's posts. ;)
  4. Slippy

Prof, if you ever read the rules of basketball all at once, you'd never figure you could play. All you need to know is that you post to kill, you post to try to stay alive and then you get to kill your friends...thats the half court playground pickup version of the game.
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good job developing and explaining the rules Slip. :nod:

[SIGN]It kills me to compliment that dude! [/SIGN]
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

2 killers huh?

aurora's going to be Bonnie, I just know it...
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Lookout for Clyde...he's a mean SOB...
  8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm sure there are a few folks that would love to hang me twice....

...who am I kidding? I'd off my mom if she was a forum member....:evil:
  9. professor

what? you serving some sort of community service sentence for misbehavior? anticipatory penance?
  10. Darth Tater

LOL.

I must just be on edge. I'm not sure if it's because there may be a murderer lurking about or because I can't figure out why Linwood hasn't accused me yet even though there is no corpus delecti.:laugh:
  11. professor

i know what you mean. it's quiet in here.

too quiet.

(though i still don't know if i'm more nervous about getting killed or being designated as a murderer).
  12. Darth Tater

It's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only one hearing (imaginary?) footsteps behind me.

Every time I come on the forum I hold my breath wondering if the killer has struck? Hoping I am not the victim. Wondering which friend will be murdered first. Which friends are murderers? Is it somebody I've confided in? Who can I trust?

This game is driving me nuts! :behindsof

DAMNIT SLIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yeah, spooky. I'm pacing around the forum checking the locks, latching the windows, wandering in and out of threads and hearing suspicious sounds. I'm jumpy and irritable and I keep checking the new posts just waiting ... waiting... waiting...

In the first Murder game, I was an innocent who was the first wrongfully accused and hung. So I'm more scared of being hung again or something even more gruesome, like burning at the stake.

The lynch mob is the truly terrifying aspect of the game. The murderer can kill you with a post before you even feel it. But public execution, the horror, the horror. :faint2:
  14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i read the rules. and i wept.
  15. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Quick question...does the immunity word have to be basketball related?
  16. Slippy

it is.

the immunity word is chosen from a list of words which are all basketball related. If you typ the immunity word in a post between now and the end of the round, you stave off death.

So if you post a lot of basketball related stuff, your chances of using the word increases.
  17. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[SIGN]I want to live![/SIGN]

Point Guard, Shooting Guard, Small Forward, Power Forward, Centre (center), arc, assist, backboard, bench, backcourt, ball handler, bank shot, baseline, basket, block, box out, break, coach, coaching, charging, charge, charity stripe, clear out, commissioner, court, crossover, cylinder, deadball, double team, dribble, defence, drive, dunk, fast break, field goal, flagrant foul, floor, foul line, foul shot, franchise, free agent, restricted, unrestricted, free-throw, full-court, game clock, shot clock, high percentage, half time, high post, paint, inbound, inside shooting, jumper, jumping, jump ball, key, lane, layup, layin, loose ball, low post, momentum, MVP, NBA, East, West, Conference, Finals, Officials, offence, offensive, open, out of bounds, overtime, the paint, pass, pivot, possession, penetrate, penetrating, passing, post, quadruple double, triple double, rebound, regulation time, release, rookie, roster, run, salary cap, luxury tax, screen, shooting, shooter, shoot, shot clock, shot attempt, range, sideline, sixth man, slam dunk, jam, starting lineup, substitute, team foul, personal foul, swing man, technical foul, 3 point play, transition, travelling, turnover, timeout, violation, weakside, quarters, zone
  18. Slippy

is it possible to write all that AND miss the immunity word??? :fish2: Thanks J-diddy. now I have more ideas for the immunity word next time.
  19. Darth Tater

Yeah, but now you are a prime suspect Jammer.

Hmmmmmmmm.
  20. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

The rules state that the immunity word must be written, not quoted, so I won't bother to plagiarize jammer's rather impressive list. Instead, here are a few basketball-related words and phrases of my own. I'm sure the immunity word is in here somewhere.

in Joe we trust
    Pistons DNA
    defensive superstar
    Chauncey kisses it off the high glass
    he Reggie Millered him
    yessir
    guaransheed
    trophy love
    parade
    I vant to play
    beer toss
    brawl