Murder2! Claims First Victim!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Sep 4, 2006.

?

Who Took out TheeTFD????

Poll closed Sep 5, 2006.
  1. DarthTater

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Professor

25.0%
  3. Roscoe

50.0%
  4. Bezeach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jammer

25.0%
  6. MotownPride

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Linwood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. TayshaunoftheDead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. AuroraKMW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Webz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yes my understanding was a PISTONS-related word containing an L HAD to be one of the 3 keywords in the post. aurora may have just posted a lot of smokescreen to help confuse everyone and divert attention away from being the killer... :ninja:

or not. :rolleyes:

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

the pistons keyword containing the L is one of three words that could possibly turn up. With 2 of the three words always being used, you are going to look for patterns. Patterns will not show up after 1 post.

3. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

OMG, this is how I got hung the last time around! The only gamer to provide excruciatingly exhaustive unbiased evidence (I even included myself and Darth) that anyone playing could use to save their skin and find the murderer, and this is the thanks I get! :frusty:

Rules Issues:

1) webz, the killer only has to use 2 of 3 keywords in the murder post.
    The killer has 3 keywords (2 bball related, 1 Pistons related). Only two are required in the post. That means that maybe one is a Pistons keyword and maybe not. Maybe just two basketball words.

2) TheeTFD is right that the Pistons keyword must have the clue letter in it. (In the most recent case, the letter L). However, remember I said that I was using very broad parameters so as not to miss any incriminating evidence. That means that all Pistons words are also basketball words, just like all names of players, teams etc. are also basketball words. That's just how I did it. Maybe not necessary.:noidea:

3)I have no idea whether Slippy views all these words I listed as basketball words. I don't have a ruling on that subject. Frankly, if ball and team and draft are basketball words, as well as the names of any player, coach, owner etc, then it's a nightmare. If for instance Jammer is the killer by using the words roster and starter in a murder post, then....you guys should be really really glad that there is someone who is willing to go through everyone of these posts with a fine-toothed comb and just present you with the results.:mmph:

TheeTFD, if you want to throw out all Pistons words without an L, do so.However, you might be throwing out a basketball word.:rolleyes: Is Laimbeer a Pistons word or a basketball word? :( If anyone wants to throw out any of the words or the evidence, do so.

After all we are a lynch mob. Who needs evidence, right?

Or better yet, someone make Slippy get more specific about the words.Is uniform a basketball word? I say no, but :yield: Everyone just has to go with their gut I guess. Like they say in AA, take what you want and leave the rest.

webZ, you aren't the first to speculate that my evidence gathering and team player ethos is a way to hide my murderous ways. :lame: It has nothing to do with being a killer. I'm a trial attorney's daughter and I just can't help myself. Must pursue evidence, must develop argument, must win case. :nod:

P.S. I'm pretty sure we did not get the killer last time and that Dlev was innocent. No solid evidence. :sorry: Dlev.

4. Slippy

Laimbeer would be a pistons word and not a basketball word. We're trying to balance the game out.

uniform would be considered a basketball word.

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The worst thing we can do is hang Aurora. She's working hard to solve this and is very involved. Every instinct tells me a guilty person would not waste so much time doing research even if they badly wanted to avoid the noose.

If we don't have much evidence this round I propose we don't do the murderers job for them by eliminating our strongest resources. Aurora and a couple others are putting their own necks out there with the murderers. If they survive them somehow (barking up the wrong trees?) why would we hang our best chances of reaching justice.

My proposal is this:

If we don't have at least decent evidence let's think about hanging a person who isn't helping us solve the crime. First of all, they aren't very involved so they probably won't care very much, and second we eliminate another suspect without killing a good detective. Yes, it increases the chances of killing an innocent, but it buys us time to get the murderer(s).

However, there is a caveat to all of this. I'll keep it to myself just in case the murderer is not as sharp as I suspect.

6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sorry Aurora, my bad. :doh:

Thats what they get for changing the rules.

I presented some evidence to, but i guess it was not as exhaustive and not following the entire guidelines. :P

7. Slippy

man, I want to comment on this but I...must...remain...impartial...and...impassive.

8. Tayshaunofthedead

Tayshaunofthedead First Round Draft Pick

once the season starts i'll actually post in the basketball forums (i hope) and thus be a possible suspect, and thus actually participate more, though i try now.

9. Slippy

Tayshaunofthedead...whose mere NAME brings the eye of scrutiny upon him!!! Oh wait. No L. :graduate: Alright guys. Party's over. Nothing to see here.

10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with you Darth. Aurora was already falsely killed once. Setting a smoke screen is one thing, but Aurora went well above and beyond that IMO.

I also agree that only 1 of the 2 would be staff members. Too obvious otherwise.

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Interesting. Spare the loudmouths and kill the quiet. This seems counter intuitive to me.

I have a theory that the killers are Darth and Aurora.

I present

1. Their tag team quilt denial: "Oh, couldn't be kim, she works so hard to find clues, and of course, it's not me"

2. Their large number of posts. Those of us who do not post so compulsively would have a much harder time hiding. This is of course counter to the theory of murderous Darth, i.e. kill the quiet and thin the herd.

3. Both Darth and Aurora understand the rules. Those most familiar with the law are lawyers and criminals. Tater is both, and Kim is guilty by association. (see above: "my father was a trial lawyer.")

:dance:<---------Aurora and Darth

12. Tayshaunofthedead

ooh lala

Aurora and Darth sittin' in a tree :inlove:
    K-I-L-L-I-N-G :gun1:
    first comes luck :nailbiting:
    then comes denial :argue:
    then comes the two at their mur-der trial. :cop:

:yellowprison:
    YAY!

Justice is served.
    they're a regular Bonnie and Clyde (but you know what happened to them!)

13. linwood

linwood All-Star

Tayshaun, you rule!
    :winner_first_h4h::hail:

14. Tayshaunofthedead

thank you :humble: thank you
    i try :)

fastest song-writing in the west :makmiday:

there's always an opportunity to use a new smiley

15. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Except around here we skip over the :yellowprison: part and go straight to the hanging.

16. Tayshaunofthedead

it would've been that much better if they had a hanging smiley, just for this game.
    oh well.

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LMAO @ Linwood and Tayshaun. Great stuff guys. :pound:

You won't even need to bother with the hanging if my wife reads those posts. She'll do the dirty work for you. :swear2::ouch:

I still think if we are going to solve this we need to work together. And those that aren't working are the most expendable. If we don't have an inkling on who did it, why hang a good detective?

Why Linwood do YOU want the investigators hung?????????????:stirthepot: Why do you also want to keep the quiet ones around?????????:stirthepot:

My sleuth eye has turned toward you. You are obviously a drowning man grasping at straws. :help2:

You'll hang for your sins. :pirates: We are coming for you.