1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Mustafa Shakur

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jun 14, 2006.

1. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

I've been following Mustafa's career since he played for the University of Arizona and I live in Tucson. He ended up playing all 4 years at the U of A and his best years were his sophmore and junior years. His stats were done for a couple of reasons, one the Wildcats had to integrate Budginger into their offense and Mustafa had to change his game a bit. He's a bit of a streaky shooter and I think he was in Lute Olson's doghouse for awhile. Something was going on this year with the U of A since the longtime coach Jim Rosborough ended up quitting and Kevin O'Neill came in to replace him. Shakur is going to be a better pro than college player,he just needs the right team to develop. I don't see him as a Detroit Pistons type player though, he would thrive in a more West Coast offense. Just my thoughts on Mr. Shakur.

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

The same way guys from small schools can come out of 2nd round nowheresville and all of a sudden be hailed as the next "guy" with an early first round promise that leads to him being invited to the green room a month later.

Reminds me of Rodney.....White.:)

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Pistons scouted this guy last year, but he chose to go back to school.

They either have him on their radar, or they do not.

I'm pretty sure Joe will surprise on draft day, with at LEAST one of the picks.