my fantasy team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Warthog, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Ok, so just to double check...In our forum novice league, I only have 3 players on my entire roster who play this tuesday (tomorrow).

2 are exclusively PG's so I am placing one at PG and the other at utility. The 3rd player is a PF. My other guys don't have games that day.

The rest of my team (12 other players) are being benched for tuesday. However, what if I accidentally left 7 of those remaining 12 active because I forgot to change my lineup from the previous day. I know they wouldn't accumulate points since they don't play that day, but it also wouldn't count against me, right? If their team does not play that day it doesn't matter if I bench the player or leave them in a starters spot as long as I couldn't fill the spot with another player anyhow, correct???

I have to admit I had no idea it worked this way until you explained it. That's why I kept asking you guys if I should pick up a guy to cover a spot for a day. If the answer to the above question is "yes", then I get now for sure. lol. If not, I'm in trouble. I have a feeling some others beside warthog & I were/are confused too though.
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

You GOT IT! :)
  3. Darth Tater

LMAO...Hey! Are you calling me a Ding a ling?????????????

:tinfoil3:
  4. MotownPride

Oh, never. :der:

:laugh:
  5. Darth Tater

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mmph: lmao
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

meh i shoulda done 2 leagues, one head-to-head, to get the experience. wonder if i can still do some late yahoo public league before the season starts, although i dunno if i have time to follow 2 leagues heh.

true. so if someone never changes his PG, he might have 2 games in a week...and if i change up due to the situation you described, i might have 5 games that week and have a big jump in stats, but that's misleading because his PG still has 3 more games to catch up.

and rotisserie stats aren't based on position, it's cumulative for all positions, and then ranks are based on statistical category - correct? so there's a strategy there too i see, either you could have say, 2 average assists guys, or one really good assists and one good rebounding, etc.

does it sound like i'm understanding this properly?
  7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

maximizing your roster is a dual edged sword. The increase in assists will see an increase in TO's generally. Also, if you add a 3rd tier PF you might get a handful of rebs but your FT and FG's might slip.

This is my first head to head style and my first week looks like I'm going to get worked over. :violin:
  8. MotownPride

yep, you got it!
  9. Darth Tater

Why is it that when I set my lineup through this Friday (I always submit changes on each day) that when I close out of Yahoo & return my lineup is the same for the entire week. This happened to me twice? :frusty::mad:
  10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

some changes i made - dropped battier and christie for dunleavy and finley. i just offered this trade to another team...her team is terrible. her starting PF is Troy Murphy and the only eligible C she has is Okur.

i offered AK47 and Drew Gooden for Tmac ... what do you think? i just don't trust AK47...i probably could have gotten the trade w/o Gooden, but I still have Okafor and Thomas at PF. if the trade goes through i have a tricky situation though with Hughes, Lewis, and Tmac all vying for time at SF/SG. hrmm.
  11. MotownPride

sounds like you are dealing with some Yahoo software bug. Hopefully, they'll fix it. I'll send a quick note to customer support.
  12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i thought i had this all sussed but all this talk has muddier the waters a bit.
    if motown or someone could clarify these? (according to our novice league rules)

1. each position can only accumulate stats for 82 games, even if you change players around to accumulate max games. ie. you could max out the 82 games for a certain position by march if you tried.
    CORRECT Y/N?

2. leaving a player in a position when they have no game for that day does NOT waste one of those 82 games.
    CORRECT Y/N?

thank you, yakshamush...
  13. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

hmm i just re-read the topic, i think i'm sorted now. couldn't edit my last post.

i think it would have been better to only be able to change your lineups weekly.
  14. MotownPride

1. each position can only accumulate stats for 82 games, even if you change players around to accumulate max games. ie. you could max out the 82 games for a certain position by march if you tried.
    CORRECT Y/N?

This is a rotisserie rule it does not apply to us.

2. leaving a player in a position when they have no game for that day does NOT waste one of those 82 games.
    CORRECT Y/N?

This is a rotisserie rule it does not apply to us.

Daily changes are the way to go. If you made a trade for a player and were not able to insert him into your lineup until a week later, you wouldn't be a happy camper. Daily changes allow for more flexibility and more strategy. Weekly changes handicap the league and stifle the relationship between the NBA game and fantasy basketball.

I think once everyone gets into the season they will see that the PF.Com sponsered rules are very simple and enjoyable for all.

Good luck to all!