1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LanierFan, Jun 4, 2006.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That's Wade. Always with the grimacing face especially when his team is losing a game or a series. After this series, the Heat would claim that they could have won it all if Wade was not injured.

3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

This whole Wade being hurt and sick drama seems like some kind of marketing campaign tied into that commercial where he keeps falling down all the time. That's why it's so important that Miami doesn't win. There would probably be a made for TV movie and an autobiography out about 2 weeks after a Heat championship. Fall Down Seven, Get up Eight: The Dwyane Wade Story.

The Mavs must win.

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yah he's caught the 'wince carter' syndrome. i wonder if there's a catchy pun to play on wade's name.

5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]

Need4sheed.com has some great pics for Heat haters.

6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I wanted Dallas to win when they started this series. But now I really really really want Miami to lose. Because of the Wade hype. When I see on ESPN that LeBron is textmessaging and supporting Wade and Miami, I really feel ill. That is too much to have piggyback hyping of each other.

GO MAVS!! Postpone the ascendance of LeTravel James and Dwyane Wince as long as possible.

LeBron says re Wade's knee "Well, that's just how me and Dwyane are. We go out and fight hard for our team even when we're hurt.We're warriors." Please! Has LeBron been hurt this season, or any season? Piggybacking on the other guys hype. Shameless.

GO MAVS! A team of one hardworking coachable superstar and nine hungry team players!!!

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Game 4 Chat is OPEN!

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I can't watch this. I turned off the tv. :mad:

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I can`t watch either. Zo tries to block everything, I would love to see Jmax go to the hole with all his might and Zo go up to block his shot.....

Somebody is going to get hurt, somehow, I dont think it would be JMax...

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Damnit. Looks like I may be right after all. :mad:

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only hope that game 3 doesn't come back to haunt the Mavs. Up by 13 with 6 minutes left and you blow it:doh:

Now in game four you have an opportunity to reverse that and you go down swinging.....The Heat had 8 turnovers in the 4th and gave the Mavs every opportunity make up the 10 point deficit, but instead they only score 7 points in the quarter.

They looked like the Pistons out there shooting jumpers with reckless abandon...Zo was on the bench for most of the 4th qtr and they still shot 3 pointers as if they were down by 20 instead of just 10. 3-22 from the beyond the arc???? Coincidently, Dirk and Josh Howard were a combined 3 for 22 shooting?? A little more attacking the rim instead of the jumpshots could have got hem back in this game and a possible win.

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Game 3 should already be haunting the Mavs. A betting man might say that was their last chance to win the series.

I haven't been interested in watching much of this series, but my inner basketball fan overruled my inner homer last night and I watched. Man, deja vu all over again. The Mavs had practically no unguarded shots, and what they had they missed. Everything Wade threw up went in. Shaq and Zo refused to allow any penetration at all. I started getting cold sweats about the third.

So, how long does this go on before we either excoriate Avery for being a fraud and a simpleton or we allow that Riles has the band of misfit toys playing like the best defensive team of all time? And as long as they are doing that, they are not going to lose.

Has Dallas never heard of a screen? I hadn't realized until last night how different their offensive scheme is. And how about that Stackhouse kid? Who knew he had that in him? Go Stack!

Last ramble, as much I detest the man, Zo would send JMax into the third row.

13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I think the only thing Game 4 proves for the Mavs is that...they should have won Game 3. In a series against another elite team, the odds are very good that you're going to get beaten pretty decisively at least once on the other team's home floor. Miami's already had one in Dallas, Game 2, but things changed when they came back home. The best you can do on the road is give yourself a chance to win, and Dallas certainly did that in Game 3, but choked it away.

Still, the lack of heart they showed last night has got to be a bit of a concern. SEVEN points in the 4th quarter?!?! The only play of the night where anyone on the Mavs showed any onions at all was when Stack thugged it up against Shaq in the second half; roscoe was going nuts in the chat for that one.

14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

dallas wins games 5 and 6. book it.

15. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Same thing as last year.

Basketball is about tempo and rhythm, and when a team falls out of the groove it's like singing to a different song than the one the band is playing. You never really catch up.

Anyway, it's still the same series as when it started. Dallas has the home court advantage, but with a game left in Miami there's not much margin for error. The people who appointed Avery Johnson a genius are going to be calling him a bum this morning.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Which pretty much defines today's (all too common) knee jerk fan.

I thought it was interesting last night that the Mavs basically played like the Pistons. They didn't get to the FT line, shot too many 3s, wilted under the physicality of the Heat, couldn't control Wade and played Shaq straight up.

Did anyone notice if Avery Johnson had a tan? ;)

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe Avery isn't a bum. Maybe Flip isn't a bum. Maybe Riley is just kicking everybody's butt.

I like believing this. Makes me feel a lot better about the Pistons next year.

18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Actually, I thought part of their problem on defense was that they still doubled Shaq too much, and didn't rotate to the Heat's perimeter guys quickly enough.

19. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Jerry Stackhouse suspended for Game 5. :hurt:

Hubie will have to eat his words about Stackhouse just "doing his job and not allowing a layup." Hubie kept saying that like a mantra.

Enter Stern, the NBA Control Freak.

The first thing I thought when Stackhouse suspension story broke was...I hate the NBA. Just let it go for crying out loud. Like Shaq can't take a hit like that and doesn't give way more than he gets every game.

All these suspensions this playoff season. The team with the suspended player has often come back in the next game and played well, in spite of the suspension. But The Stern Controller goes too far when he does something that could determine the outcome of the Finals.

I'm still glad Stack fouled him. I'm really sorry if it costs them the game. But Phoenix did okay after Raja Bell suspension, and Dallas did okay after Jason Terry suspension. GO MAVS!:fingerscr

Our only ex-Piston in the finals. Close to getting a ring. Suspended.:frusty:

20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Sucks that he was suspended, but there's no doubting that it was a thug-tastic foul.