NBA Finals: Lakers vs. Celtics

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dumars4Ever, May 30, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I was subjected to the 1st half of this game at a friend's house, and damn are the Lakers getting absolutely raped by the officials.

I guess we know now who the league really wants to win . . .

2. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Don't worry, it'll change on the left coast. I'm surprised that the Lakers aren't taking this one, though.

3. Ozarkruffrider

4. Ozarkruffrider

WELL SHUT MY MOUTH! Down 24 and now with 38 secs left they are down 2!

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

^

i checked the score and it was 104-100, i was like WTF?! I remember checking in the 4th quarter and LAL was down like 22 . . .

Can't underestimate the choking powers of KG, and the Celts i guess. The fact that we lost to these guys is such a disgrace seriously.

The FT count is going to end up being like 38 to 10 or something and one of the Laker FT's was a technical :pound:

If this game was called fairly, the series would be tied at 1-1

edited to add;

PJ went off in his post-game; I don't even know why i'm so pissed. I'm not even a Laker fan.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah I was watching the game at the Yard House and when we left there the Lakers were down 19 with about 8 mins left. Got in the car and drove home and they had it down to 102- 88. Got home took the garbage out to the curb thinking the game was over, come in turn on the TV and Kobe is at the line shooting free throws with the Celtics leading by on 3 and then 2 with 38 seconds>>> I said wtf!!!

No way I can have the Laker coming home with a chance to sweep at home ala the 04 Pistons....

Agree that the Celtics got every call Red Auerbach could muster from the grave and I am sure that's all I will hear on local radio the next two days.

10,000 people showed up at Staples to watch game on the jumbotron with Laker girls getting most of the cheeers...over half were gone by the time the game was over as the large lead send most to exits early.

Beat LA:sssh:

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Who was the nobody that came off the bench for Bos., scored 21 pts in 15 min. Think Amir could've done that...given the chance ?

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yep! Don't get me started...

My hate for Kobe exceeds my dislike of Boston. I do like Odom & Gasol. Geez, this is a tough series to stomach. Thanks a lot Pistons. :mmph:

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If Bos. wins we got done in by the best. 66 wins is for real.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep could have been Amir, Afflolo, Hayes or even Dixon, but Flip will never - ever know...in fact if either of them had done it in game 1, 3, 5 or six, one of them could have done it tonight too because tonights game would have been at the palace.

11. max

max All-Star

Yea Leon Poe would not have even made our team. Amir is so much more talented and there is only a year difference in age.

As Dumars said in his press conference. Young guys can bring something different to the table. I think that would be a factor this deep in the playoffs when some of the vets are running on fumes.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Still it's kind of double talk coming from JD, through Lb4LB, which favored heavy veteran minutes. Often because there was no real talent coming off the bench or at least none they want to develope, including:
    Okur
    Fino
    Flip
    Ham
    Evans
    Dupe
    YKW

13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

but you can't play youth to just say you play youth... we underplayed okur for sure, but the rest of the players you listed never earned anything....

Now saying that..... I think we have 4 young kids that have earned there right to have mins..

Even though amir and aa made tons of mistakes when given mins in the regular season they still seemed to make more positives then negatives. I am one that always says you will win/loss with your starters I will agree that AA getting lost out of the rotation even more when billiups got hurt was a major mistake, and with amir.... do you throw him into the game with 2 mins left in the game? no, but throwing him out there in the 2nd and 3rd quarter for energy and then maybe if he's showing the "special" qualities we think he's go then ride him.... aka prince from 03. taking stuckey and max out of the game in the 4th quarter of game 6 when they were playing so great was my final breaking point with flip to the point there was NO WAY he could be allowed to return.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ham wasn't much help.
    That was a good summary Round.
    But my point was - don't say we should of when you looked the other way, Mr. Dumars.

15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Not only did we lose, it wasn't that close.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You mean that nobody with a raw offensive game who hangs around the offensive glass? :sssh:

Powe semi-went off against us as well. I remember being irate that we didn't match up with Amir.

17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This is why the argument that that everything falls on the starters makes no sense to me. If you have bench players that are playing well, and the starter's are not, leave the bench in. The starters having to be lights out or at their "peak" production all the time to win is not only unrealistic, but it very rarely happens.

18. round

I really would like to know what goes on behind the scenes.... how much rope does Dumars give the coaches... everything we heard last summer was amir was going to get his time and then he played and then would stop... and then "the meeting would happen" and amir would play more...

sounds like dumars likes to be a hands off GM to a point... he gives you the goods and expects you to play them...

Dumars is classy to a fault and won't bad mouth a coach after he leaves... but we the fans would really like to know the truth about the lack of playing time by amir this last year.... I thought a telling comment from Dumars was saying flip was handed a really good team and they didn't get it done.

19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Just as we were exposed for lack of speed in the starting unit, the Lakers have been exposed. Weak front line without Binum. Powe allowed to do that much damage.

Laker guard rotation very weak.

Lakers weak at small forward.

The West was trumped up. Celts, Pistons and even Cavs (Le Bron) are tougher and are the 1,2 and 3 teams in the NBA.

The calls: We know all about it (Wade and Le Bron) in back to back years. The Celts know how to play the Stern system.

20. round

I differ from what alot of "kid fans" though here.... alot of folks say we have to play them and play them when the game is on the line. At the end of the day we are going to win with the starters but you have to have a feel for the game and flip lacked that... most games I want the starters to be in there to finish... but you have to look at the game and if the kids are bringing it..... ride them