NBA Finals - Magic vs. Lakers

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Jun 4, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Somebody can confirm this for me, but aren't the 1990 Pistons the only team to win all three middle road games and then the 2004 team was the first to sweep the three middle home games until the Heat duplicated it in 2006?
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Unsure about the 1990 Pistons, but the 2004 team was indeed the first one to sweep the 3 middle home games.
  3. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Fakers in five.
  4. LA Dre

Magic break out with out the good luck charm in a 7 year old singer and they are 6-0 when she sings. If they lose, the poor girl will have to live it all summer.

If the win, the may have to her sing in games 4 and five and then smuggle back to the staple Center for a performance.....

Then they bring out Nick Anderson who missed those key free throws 1995 Finals when they got swept...talking about a bad luck charm...:)
  5. LA Dre

Well I guess the little singer who sung the national anthem was a good luck charm so I guess she will be back for the next game. I hope they are paying her well.

The Magic played like a team getting ready to be eliminated and still almost lost it. The shot 62.5 % from the floor after shooting what 30% in the first game??

Skip-to-ma-lou Alston finally got over his Jameer Nelson-is-taking-ma-gig worries and had a big game. Can he do it for the rest of the series to give the Magic some real guard play that was missing in the first two games.

The good is that they are taking one game at a time and didn't panic. Kobe was hot in the first quarter and was shut down by Pietrus and Lee and the second half. Of course he missed 5 FT's too. I still say if Pietrus had not fouled out of game 2, the Magic would be up 2-1.

The last two games have been even, so this series can still go either way as long as the Magic win game 4.....:sssh:
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Did SVG figure out his rotation or did his rotation do the job for him by playing better? Whichever it is, SVG has shown the ability to adjust as these series go deeper.

I wonder what Kobe's FT% is in these last 2 Finals?

It's amazing to me how much less contentious these games are compared to their Conference Finals brethren.
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That foul call on Howard on the block against Kobe late was just horrible. There was an official right under the basket, in perfect position to make the call and he didn't. But some how, Crawford managed to see through 10 players from his spot on the other side of the court to call a foul.

That was as clean of a block as you can get.

P.S. Pietrus was awesome for the Magic!
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Did you see Gasol in the post game? He looks like he could be in a Geico caveman commercial.
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

That is the NBA these days under Stern. Defense is a dirty word and great blocks end up at the free throw line. Guys fall down left and right and get the calls. It is a joke and hurting the credibility of the game.
  10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Funny, I have thought you encourage Kobe to shoot a lot early and he will tire later. That seemed to happen last night by chance.

Larry did that to Shaq deliberately in 2004. Shaq would score and score but he would tire by the 4th quarter.
  11. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

He needs to shave!

And I ain't going to lie. I lol'd a little at the Magic last night. It took them getting an NBA record to finally the Lakers and still wasn't that big of victory (point-wise)
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It is sad when the defensive player of the year gets called for a phantom foul in the last 2 minutes of a Finals game on an easy to call, clean block. I think the refs would do a better job if they watched the game on TV instead of appearing on the court.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's his hockey beard. He's growing it out until Spain wins a hockey gold medal in the Olympics.
  14. LA Dre

It has been there since he came to Lakers. He won't shave until they win a ring..

He has been better this post season than he was last year when his name was Pau Gasoft
  15. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah...Gasol is much better than I thought. I have been very impressed with him and his intensity.

Now..if I knew I was going to be on TV every night and it might be repalyed over and over in the future...I'd get a shave and a haircut.
  16. LA Dre

28 years old and single living in LA...yep I think shaving and getting a haircut may get him a nice woman and a an off season modeling/acting job....especially if they get the ring....

[​IMG]
  17. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Lakers have lost 7 in a row in the finals...when it comes to away games.
    They're tied with the 55-56 Pistons for the worst finals road losing streak ever. Let's cheer for road loss #8 in a row...
  18. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Nemo, your avitar is making me ill.
  19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I've developed a nervous twitch.
  20. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I plugged it in to bring the Red Wings some playoff luck...:stirthepot: