NBA Introductions

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Buckeyes#1, May 28, 2009.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

As I watched the introductions tonight for the Lakers, I was amazed at how lame it was. You would think a place that prides itself on entertainment, they would be able to knock everyones socks off. Even though I couldn't stand the Bulls of the 90's, I must admit they had pretty cool player introductions. I like the drop down cloth for the Lakers, but they need some music that pumps you up, and an announcer with some life. That was pathetic, and actually quite funny, considering what city it came from.
  2. Buckeyes#1

Dad burn it. Nobody liked my NBA Introduction thread. Well I ain't gonna sit back and look at a goose egg for the number of replies. There is more than one way to skin a cat. I'll respond myself. I just need one more response to beat my all time low, which was George Kell, with 2. I can't believe you guys didn't respond to my George Kell thread. He was a cool dude.

So if you have to, respond to me with an insult or something. Maybe tell me I am the worst poster on this forum since Bill Laimbeer. I need #3 so I can look at myself in the mirror again. My wife will appreciate it. Thanks.
  3. Bender

Bender First Round Draft Pick

I agree with you, I was just thinking the other day that LA of all places would have a sweet intro for it's team! I mean it is LA for crying out loud! One of the worst I thought was San Antonio's announcer. Just clamp your nose holes closed and there he is! I always got a kick of mocking him! :pound:
  4. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's been lame for years. The guy just has no energy and slurs all the words together in an annoying way.

"Pleazewelgome yourrr Lozangelez Lllllagers..."

The live band thing is lame too. It's not college anymore fools.

One of the most annoying current announcer things is the Cavs guy saying "Defense" with this stupid whistle thing after he says the word. Like he has a gap in his front teeth or something like some country hobo.
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

For the record Buck, I believe I posted a reply in your George Kell thread. If I didn't I meant to. ...RIP George Kell!

I think that our own Pistons have a pretty solid pre-game intro routine (as far as pre game intros go). Mason is solid and the "Let's give a warm Palace welcome to the visitors from _______ (insert city)" is pretty cool.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Now THAT would be an interesting topic. Would you like me to set up a quick poll?

Oh, but far be it for me to ever take a thread off topic. So yeah, R.I.P. George and uhmmm, you know, like, what's in a game introduction anyhow...like who really cares except for people trying to raise their "thread started" count and stuff? Do you think that makes you cool or something? Huh? Come on...you know you think it does...do you really think we have time to read that crap? Huh? Huh? Huh? Answer me. Huh?
  7. Buckeyes#1

Ok, I will answer you.

Are you serious? You actually think I think I am cool in regards to how many threads I start? :pound:My only motive was to try to give us some interesting stuff to read. Keep the forum moving along. But if this is really the perception of me, I will spare you the agony of starting anymore threads, how does that sound?
  8. Darth Tater

:pound: Come on Buck, you know me better than that. I can't believe you even THOUGHT for a second that I might be serious. Am I ever? I was being totally ridiculous on purpose to play along. Sorry.
  9. Buckeyes#1

Actually I was thinking maybe you thought I was serious about Bill Laimbeer. :pound::pound::pound:

My bad. You just sounded so serious, I misread you. :)
  10. Darth Tater

Yes. I was dead serious about Bill Laimbeer. Bill Laimbeer IS the worst poster ever on this board and YES he is a big fat stupid jerk. But the thing is...he knows it and he knows that we all know it, and he is good with that. So all is well in forumtown.:)
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Clippers have a little more umpf in their intros than the Lakers and they are using the same production team/equipment. However they use different announcers to call the game at the arena.

The Laker PA announcer is a laid back DJ for a local Jazz station and has been doing the games since I move here in 81..I just can't see him getting excited like Mason..
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So he's a Jazz fan, eh? No wonder... :MusicBigGrin: