1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

It's one of the better and more exciting PO series I've seen for a while. I really enjoy both teams so I don't really care who wins - I just hope this one goes to seven.

2. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Remember that moment when Garnett was doing a little trash talking to Lebron, and Lebron decided to let the whole world know by making a big scene with his big smile, and holding out the ball in front of Kevin's face? Everything was going so well for Lebron at the time. Me thinks he is not smiling anymore. This could go down as arguably one of the greatest choke jobs ever. And what's up with the Heat coach all smiley after the game? I would have gone into the locker room and mocked them. And after I was done getting them all ticked off, then I would encourage them on how they could still win the series if they had the guts. If they had the will to win. If they had ice in their veins instead of trepidation. But I would still show up to the interview like Pop. Definitely not like he did last night. All smiley saying "it was just another game". It was not just another game. History says those that lose that game last night only have about a 16% chance of winning. They had home court and they threw it all away with one meltdown at the end of the game. That coach has to be on the hot seat. I know this would never happen but I at least had the thought, I wouldn't be surprised if Riley told that guy to stay home and that he was going to Boston. I bet Riley would light a fuse under their tails.

3. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I've really been enjoying these games....I sort of find myself leaning with Oklahoma City, not sure why, new blood I guess. Find it extremely hard to root for Boston, but I have to, I DO NOT want Miami to win, I was leaning with the Spurs, but am finding the Thunder exciting to watch. I like the Spurs but they've won before so I don't know. I do not know what the heck I will watch when its all over, I'll be lost for sure. When does football season start?

4. max

max All-Star

I wanted OKC and I will be rooting for Boston to join them - gotta love the underdog.

5. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Spurs going fishing.:crying:OKC did really well though. They never gave up, and now they're off to the Finals.

6. linwood

linwood All-Star

OKC just beat the "unbeatable" Spurs. 20 game winning streak ended with the Thunder, as did their chance for the Championship.

Can the Celtics win at home and wrap this up? Rondo vs. Westbrook sounds fun.

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

20-game win streak snapped by a 4-game losing streak to fall out of the playoffs. Crazy how quickly that series shifted.

OKC is legit.

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I hope that Larry Frank chose the OKC vs SA series as the one that he took some of the Piston players too. There was some beautiful basketball being played in those 6 games.

I kinda wanted to see the old guys get one more shot at a ring but I'm on board with OKC moving forward. Small market, great fans, good team play (except when Westbrook goes into those spurts of Kobe-like behavior), likeable superstar player, likeable role players. - Go Thunder.

9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

OKC is scary.... there big 3 are 23 23 22?.... Westbrook can be sooo selfish and play dumb... but then you have to remember his age, what was Isiah as a young PG. If there goal is to win titles and not ind fame.... they could easily go on a bull's like run the next 8 years.

On another point, ESPN has been playing the Wade making his own promo from a few years back. That piece in itself shows all that is wrong about the Heat. Style over substance, add more defenders so I look more like a superhero.... They have so much gosh darn talent among those 3 but I just wonder sometimes what there objective really is.

As one person on TV said yesterday and it really might strike to the heart of the matter, they do want to win.... but do they hate losing enough. Isiah, Bird, Magic, and MJ were driven by there pure hatred of losing. There hate of losing you could say was stronger then there love of winning.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think that I'm of the belief that Durant is the best leader in the NBA (combination of his own stature as a superstar, his work ethic/ willingness to improve his weaknesses, loyalty, unselfishness, and humility).

There is no way that Kobe would get this much effort out of these same teammates.

11. BallDon'tLie

Different styles of leadership for sure.
    I get the vibe that K-D's teammates like him and respect his abilities. Because of this, they listen to him and/or want to do right by him.
    The dudes that play with Kobe respect his abilities but resent the way that he plays sometimes. Because they don't like playing with him, they tend to tune him out as a leader.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Kobe and Lebron are attention stealers and blamers. You have to be willing to let your teammates get at least as much credit as they deserve... and probably more.

I'm trying to think who else carries themselves like KD and is nearly as good of a player. Big men are different in my eyes since they naturally do the dirty work and don't have the ball in crunch time as much. Nash is pretty similar I'd say. Chauncey was close to the right mix. Rose is fairly unique, but seems a little stand-off-ish compared to KD. All PG's I guess.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Who would have thunk it that D Fish may get that sixth ring before and without Kobe and still won't
    get into the HOF.

brofmfa likes this.
  14. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Man, I understand the LBJ hate sometimes, but this is plain innacurate. KD is a mile from the skill and finesse of LBJ, he is no where near the leader, either in energy or in play. For people to say LBJ had a good game, he needs 45-15-5, because he is too busy averaging 30-10-8 all the other nights. If Durant shoots above 50% he becomes God all of a sudden. And LBJ is hardly a blamer. He shoulders every missed shot and opportunity, and has a competitive drive most similar to Rondo. The choker argument is over now, it has no factual backing, with players and coaches alike calling out the fans and 'experts' who started it.

Great to see the Thunder through. As much as you guys hate the Heat, seeing LBJ v Durant would be an epic matchup in the Finals. Better than anything the Celtics will bring. The Truth is dusty, Garnett's best offensive weapon is being offensive, and Ray Allen is bricking it from his ankle putting off his shot. Rondo is the real star of that team (bar KG on defense, which is unreal).

All said and done, this year certainly does not get an asterisk. The level of play so far has been crazy good, and I have loved every minute. I look forward to talking about the Pistons next year (hopefully not regarding a sweep/blowout city) :)

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Right, I really can't see Boston pulling this out in game 7. They look a little out of gas and Lebron looks to be playing for his reputation (an ECF flameout would potentially break up the Heat). The one thing that I really do respect is the way that Lebron changed his perimeter style to a more well rounded game with an inside presence. It makes the team much more difficult to stop.

Watching the Thunder and their energy against a Heat team with Bosh back will make for a very watchable Finals.

* when I'm talking "attention stealer" I'm talking about televised events to announce your decision to break the hearts of your hometown fans... stuff like that.

16. BallDon'tLie

:rant:

It's time for NBA players to go to their P.R. people for some new material. I'm sick and tired of hearing every single NBA player respond to a sideline reporter or presser question with the answer:

"I/we wuz jus bein' aggressive"

All players do this (Rip Hamilton more than others).

Guys, it's time to get some new material!
    Have you ever thought about just making an attempt to actually answer the question instead of responding in the most standard way possible? Do you guys actually take the floor in a playoff game and passively float around out there without asserting yourself? Do you have to make an extra effort to find some way of being aggressive?

If you're too stupid to answer a simple question, just tell the reporter; "I'm not intelligent or articulate enough to formulate any kind of sensible answer to your question". "I can dribble, pass and shoot but I'm not smart enough to provide any analysis of what goes on in these games".

17. max

max All-Star

Boston really needed to win that game. Going back to Miami for a game 7 after getting blown out - it's not looking good.

18. BallDon'tLie

Victory will be sweeter for the Celts when they do Miami on their own floor.
    ...you're right.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

"Both teams played hard" was the ideal answer to any sports related question. Sheed saved himself lots of time after he discovered that.

Also, "ball don't lie" was the most concise and annoying phrase that you could possibly utter to simultaneously affect the FT shooter, the referee, and the opposing fans.

The man might have been a genius.

BallDon'tLie, brofmfa and Susie914 like this.
  20. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

And don't you miss him? I know I do, sure would like to know what's he's doing, what he thinks of these play-off's, wish he would show up as an analyst or something, anything. Remember the rumor going around a couple of months ago that he was returning to play in LA, guess it wasn't true.