NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

* when I'm talking "attention stealer" I'm talking about televised events to announce your decision to break the hearts of your hometown fans... stuff like that.[/quote]

We can make the assumption that LBJ is going to have a great game. What is more worrying is Wade's early production and Bosh's ability to space interior defense and slow Garnett giving help D. If the C's can hold Wade (like they have been doing very well) and guard the passing lanes to Bosh they may be able to force iso's. As much as I respect LBJ's basketball talent, people don't just light up the basket every night. Hold him to 30-10, disrupt Wade and keep KG on the floor every minute of the game (due to Boston nigh instantly losing the ability to defend with him off the floor) and they can put up a fight. Let LBJ and Wade combine for 60 points with high efficiency. Welcome to blowout city.

I have been an ass on this forum about this exact topic. So I am trying really hard to be as fair as possible. I understand the hatred towards him. That was a dick move. But he is still one of the greatest players to step on the basketball court and he is 28. Every talks about MJ this and that, but if LBJ wins a ring this year, then he is on the path to the same level of glory. Being a dick doesn't erode your talent.

And let me clarify. Durant is special. The smooth shot, long arms and defensive IQ, ability to defer, ability to shoulder. In no way am I saying that he should not be considered as one of the best in the league. He is efficient, consistent, down to earth, and only in his early 20's. He will dominate. But he is simply not on the same level as Lebron, from a purely basketball perspective.

PS. Dwayne Wade is a bellend. I am so sick of watching him cry like a baby to the refs.
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

None of those guys are on the same level when it comes to leadership as Chris Paul imo, except for perhaps Nash. Durant is a good guy and handles himself well but I don't see where the leadership praise comes from (unless you exclude the actual leading part and only look at talent and good behaviour when judging leadership). However, since I basing this on what I've seen through the lens of the media and I don't really have a clue what defines a good leader my expertise might be a bit shaky.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

When you read them in that order you really do need the "Nope, we smoked it all." response when the police asked if there was more weed in the car to round out his triple crown.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

F! F!! F!!!

(fooey)
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The network got what it wanted as this will be a higher rated series than last year with the up and comers vs the spoiled arrogant SOB's

Bosh proved that his presence was needed if they wanted to move on past the old school Celtics. I will be rooting for the Thunder, but won't mind if Lebron gets his first ring so we he can out it behind us and move on.
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

I doubt Miami can quiet the Thunder. OKC in 6
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

What about the walk off by Rondo and Garnett?
  8. Mogilny

I've watched a couple of Heat - Thunder games this season and all of them were great entertainment. Bad blood and foul play, just the way it supposed to be. I'm satisfied if the finals is half as good as the ECF. With Bosh back this looks like an even matchup.

LeBron gets by with help from friends - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

LeChokin' like a king. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up in the finals this year.
  9. Mogilny

James rapping Eminem before dropping 45 15 5 on the Celts. Maybe Daye could do the same?
  10. max

max All-Star

Yes it will be a very good series. I wanted Boston to win but it will be a better Finals this way.
  11. LA Dre

I can understand Rondo doing it, as he probably not has not matured enough to realize that this is a tradition to congratulate the winner even though his teams have been on the losing end before.

But KG, should know better and must have just been frustrated that this was the last chance for "this" group to do it for Doc. After all when they won it all in 2008, they probably thought or expected they would get 2 or 3 rings just like the Heat think they can do.
    basketbills likes this.
  12. Darth Tater

I'm sorry Dre but I must disagree with you. If the Miami Heat win this is only the beginning of us hearing about it. Not the end!

I really have no problem with the way the heat built their team. I simply don't care for lebron. What we've done with him...the refs, media, fans, the league, etc. Capitalism at its worst.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  13. LA Dre

DT, you would love him if he was the Eagles QB...:biggrin:
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  14. detteam

detteam All-Star

Stern has a conundrum to contemplate as far as who gets the calls. Very difficult to bag on Durant and OKC to give Lebron his elusive ring.
  15. Darth Tater

That's funny. I guess I can't deny it. Many years ago, when people were slamming Bill Laimbeer's attitude and actions, I would say, "Yes he is an A-hole...but he is OUR A-hole", and truth be told, I've also said pretty much what you just said, that "if he were a Piston we would love Lebron".

But lebron is different than Laimbeer for two reasons...at minimum. I believe Laimbeer is real. The media did not create him. For better or worse I believe that the jerk we saw is really him. Regardless, I did justify many of his behaviors.

But the biggest reason is that laimbeer IS our A-hole and lebron is somebody else's A-hole. Worse, Lebron is a mercenary. A
    "sell-sword". So guilty as charged. I would make excuses for him and to minimize cognitive dissonance I would tell myself I like him. But that doesn't change anything. He would still be, arguably, a big pampered A-hole!
    brofmfa likes this.
  16. Mogilny

Yeah, and when comparing this douche to model citizens like Vick he looks even worse.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I thought the reffing was really good in the Heat/Celts game 7. Good balance of calling and not calling and it seemed very unbiased.
  18. max

max All-Star

I think LBJ mainly suffered from a bad publicist.
  19. LA Dre

His acceptance speech when he won his MVP award this year was the best I have heard from any previous MVP winners....somebody got it right that time.
    The Panda likes this.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Fans like to see the superstar have a team built around them, not go to the right situation. Guys that search for teams that have a chance to win are usually over the hill role players. When an MVP candidate does it, it seems cheap.

What HOF'ers actively selected their eventual 1st championship destination based on the strength of the team that they were going to? I can't think of any off hand.

Leaving some team that drafted you wouldn't even be so bad if it wasn't your home team. That takes it down several notches.
    round and brofmfa like this.