NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

This is a very interesting matchup. So far as I can see, it comes down to 3 main things
    1 - Defense. Offensively, these are very evenly matched teams when it comes down to all out scoring talent. The ability of OKC to defend transition plays, and MIA's ability to defend both the perimeter and flex plays with Durant curling around from the corner to the high post. I am also interested to see if the Heat still use the double post to create plays, and whether OKC can shut it down
    2 - Passing - OKC are far more efficient when they pass the ball. Isolation's are not great, but MIA chokes off passing lanes very effectively. It will be interesting to see if OKC can maintain their play from the previous series, because it was beautiful basketball.
    3 - Role players. We can make the assumption that MIA has the better core players, not by a lot, but they certainly have an advantage. Ruling out an injury, the impact of the surrounding cast (not necessarily the bench) is extremely important. Especially when it is considered who they match up against. Chalmers/Cole v Westbrook, Anthony/Juwan/Haslem v Ibaka/Perkins.

I believe that the Heat are well placed. They have the talent to go all the way. But it is a good matchup! I look forward to watching the first game tomorrow morning.
    linwood likes this.
  2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think LeBron created this mess. His arrogance clouded his judgement:

With LeBron James, what you see isn't always what you read, Bill Livingston writes | cleveland.com
  3. max

max All-Star

How LBJ left was not cool but this was a team that thought Mo Williams would get them over the top - who can blame anyone for wanting to leave.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Don't you love it how these Cleveland writers suddenly got religion and came to God when it was en vogue to hate on "king James"? He says that "so few reported these things on Lebron because the things seemed so small at the time". Bull Crap. These guys knew exactly what "the king" was about. They just CHOSE to ignore it. I've got no more respect for this gutless phony than I do for Lebrat.

Also, I am confused by your signature. Did Marv really say that about Rodney when Rodney blew chunks on the court? Or did Rodney actually say that about Marv when Marv blew it and went to court for biting the prostitute in the arse?
    detteam likes this.
  5. Darth Tater

I don't blame him or anyone else for making a decision to leave Cleveland. But I do have a problem when they do a television show to ANNOUNCE they are leaving Cleveland...or anywhere else for that fact.

And people can blame his advisors all they want. But you shouldn't need advisors to tell you how to behave like a decent human being.
  6. max

max All-Star

The show was irrelevent - just a bad publicity stunt. Gilbert and Clev were mainly upset because LBJ did not tell them before hand or even return their phone calls.
  7. Darth Tater

Irregardless of people making others, pacifically Dan Gilbert, escape goats for Lebron's actions...it does not make anything Lebron did OK. But we are beating a dead horse, are we not? Let's change the subject to something new, shall we? Remember the guy... What's his name...who was drafted one pick after Lebron? What ever happened to him. Clevelandshould have drafted him instead. He got His ring 8 years ago.
    brofmfa likes this.
  8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think LeBron has become an escape goat. I think when he retires and writes a biography it should be called LeBron: My Life as an Escape Goat in the NBA.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven... runner up finishes.
    brofmfa and BallDon'tLie like this.
  10. max

max All-Star

How did I get into a position where I am defending LBJ ?

For now on assume there is a disclaimer on my sig - this in no way is in defense of LBJ or anything he has done.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I got a beef with any baller who shuns his hometown to go to a more glamorous market. If Chris Webber would have been drafted by the Pistons, do you think he would have ever left for greener pastures?
    I'm not a big C-Webb or Michigan fan but I always had a soft spot for Webber due to the fact that he was a Detroit kid who always showed love for Detroit.

(I'm trying to figure out if this viewpoint makes me a hypocrite due to the fact that I no longer live in Michigan.)
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You're only a hypocrite if you have fans in Michigan that were disappointed to see you leave.
  13. Darth Tater

You're becoming the forum escape goat.
  14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

My parents were bummed.
    ...some of my friends and a girl that I was dating.

(me = hypocrite)
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I use to wear my Detroit-Michigan apparel proudly when I escaped, er left Motown 31 years ago. Now I only wear them on occasion .....what does that make me?

I have one Tiger shirt, one Lions jacket, two Pistons jerseys and six Piston T shirts and four Michigan t shirts (and I went to EMU?), but have only put one of them on once in the past 2 months.....
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think that we are allowed to be hypocrites because we are anonymous forum posters. It's part of our internet rights.

Since Lebron is a real person, he should be booed.

I'm still working out my general philosophy here...
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think it makes you old(er). It gets harder to wear that stuff, except for the t-shirts, as we move along. I can't wear a Pistons jersey without feeling like I think I am the starting PF.
    LA Dre likes this.
  18. Darth Tater

But then you move along even more and get to be my age and you come to think it is ok to act like you think you are the starting quarterback for an NFL team when you wear a replica jersey to Wal-Mart.

Or if you are unfortunate enough, you move along all the way to Woody's age and then you actually DO think you are the starting quarterback of an NFL team when you wear a replica jersey to Wal-Mart. OR you forget to put your clothing on altogether
    and Stroll along in your underwater through Wal-Mart thinking you are Batman.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm impressed that you can rattle off your wardrobe inventory.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The four unhappiest fans in the Thunder dome...Zo and Mr. and Mrs. Riles....and their body guard
    [​IMG]
    linwood, detteam and brofmfa like this.