1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

never count OKC out of any game...unless they are down by 10 with 30 seconds left. Who would have thunk that they would score 105 points and win by 11 with only 5 points from their third guy in Harden??

The Heat had five players in double figures and still loss by double figures???

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I was thinking of you(but not in that way) as I drove across Idaho yesterday from Nemo's new home state of MT.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess you were on I 84 as that is the only freeway that goes through the state LOL. People used to tell us to take the freeway and we would ask which one. They would look at us like we were crazy. It was tough to get used to.

Idaho is a pretty boring state as you probably alteady saw. A few mountains left over from Utah. That's about it although I hear it is really beautiful up north. Piled up dirt and potato Farms in the part I I would imagine you drove through. You were probably three or 4 miles from my house as you drove through Boise. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

We drove from West Yellowstone, MT all the way across the state to Oregon. We took routes 33, 20 and 26 to get to I-84(mercifully). Definite farm country for sure.

Cloud would be disappointed, but me and the boy stopped to pee on the side of the road and it was enjoyable to stand on the fertile farm land in comparison to the dry Arizona desert scape where I now live.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

FYI, it sounds like I am saying that I enjoy standing in a pool of my own urine above, but that is not the case.

BallDon'tLie and coynejeremy like this.
  6. Darth Tater

If you did that in Idaho, and the cops found out about it they would send out no less than 3 squad cars and tell you to freeze while pointing their loaded revolvers at the two of you(tough to freeze while you are Peeingg and there are guns pointing at you). If you weren't the right religion they would pistol whip you. If you were not the right color you would be shot dead on the spot.

I'm kidding..sort of...but Idaho sucks. It really sucks. Visit for a week, go white water rafting, do some salmon fishing, and then drive the hell out is just as fast as you can and don't look back. LOL. I mean, they are having the national fiddle festival here in a week or so as they do every year. What does THAT tell you?

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  7. LA Dre

Tells me that I may never go to Idaho....which means that I can't cross it off my bucket list of visiting every state in the union....So far I have step foot in 40 of them. Utah will make # 41 sometime in September

linwood likes this.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I've driven on 90 through Idaho a couple times. Took a look at that Coeur D'Alene golf course with the floating green. Much greener area than I would have guessed.

9. Darth Tater

The movie stars live and vacation in that area. Gorgeous. Too rich for my blood. You did a nice job spelling it. I never can. I wonder if Siri can do it? Coor's D Alain Idaho. Better than I can. Core delaying Idaho. Lol. It did better the first time. Anyhow Best not to respond to this. We don't want to hijack the thread and rile up slippy...err...coyne Jeremy.
    :-)

coynejeremy likes this.
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

11. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Very close game here.

Regardless of who wins, I am enjoying the series :)

12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

STEAL - DURANT FOR THREE!!!!! I JUST SCREAMED IN MY EMPTY HOUSE!!!!!!

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Couldn't finish. Terrific end to the game, though.

And yeah, that was a foul by James. But oh well.

14. The Panda

12-12 FT.

Thats clutch.

15. LA Dre

Yeah a no call on one superstar vs the "home court" superstar.....could have put Durant at the line and make him earned the tie.....but then the refs may have had to work an OT and it appears one of the refs was tired and ready to go home or to the rest room....

...despite the exciting ending, the Thunder fall behind by about 18 and battle back to being down by 2, before losing and the only topic of discussion was Russell Westbrook's 10/26 shooting by Kenny the Jet and C-Webb on NBA TV, Magic, John Barry and Stephen A Smith on ESPN, and Micheal Cooper and Lisa Leslie on the local LA ABC affiliate.

LBJ would have taken the fall if had missed the banker in the end and the Thunder had pulled it out. But the King a had a great game and will wait for any further blame if the Heat lose the series after taking home court advantage.

Despite having only one or two boards, Shane Battier is the missing player from last year bandwagon scrubs who signed on hoping to get a ring while riding the pine. Dude has come up big from behind the arc in both games and that 40 foot bank shot three with about 2 and change was probably the difference in the game....well one of many.....

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Would you have wanted a foul called if Durant was guarding James in the same situation? I do not think I would have. LBJ took it took the limit of a no call, but while disappointed I am OK with it not being called.

The Heat played pretty tough tonight.

LeBron's banker was a nice, nice shot, but Battier's inadvertant one was the killer.

17. The Panda

I think this is the dilemma which has dogged LBJ his whole career.

The call isn't fouled, and all of a sudden its the game decider.
    It is called and it's LBJ choking in the falling seconds because he is too tired.

Now I'm not defending the guy, but Windhorst put it perfectly. Why is the whole of America against the guy which exercised his right to move teams, as opposed to the team who, after cheating Seattle of their team, decides to cheat multiple years in a row to get big draft picks. Regardless of the awesome pick ups they got in FA aswell, OKC is built around players who are only there because Cho decided that losing games was an optimal strategy (even against the odds).

Battier is going off. I have never anything even close. 2-0 down and I would have been tempted to call it a day. I liked to see Bosh back, albeit not totally in the scoring department (but where did all those boards come from?). It is now a toe and toe game. MIA with a small edge in their starters and OKC in the depth of their bench/role players.

18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

The James/Durant call not withstanding, the Heat got a TON of "either way" calls last night to go along with their typical phantom foul calls that they always get. I got the impression that the refs were trying to "make a series out of it" all game long.

I'm not one to gripe about officiating too much. Bad calls are part of the game and you gotta live with 'em.
    The Heat seemed to get a few more of those bad calls in their favor last night though.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dude is that "your" feet ?!
    Do we want the Heat to win, so everybody can shut-up about Bron ?

20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

No
    and
    No