NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I watch a lot of high school and college games. I rarely see an offensive foul called. I officiate rec league games. I will call about one charge foul every 4 or 5 games. It is the hardest call to make as an official.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I remember years ago reading a retired official's explanation that even though the announcers focus on whether the defender's feet were moving or not, that the refs are really looking (or should be looking) at the torso and whether it is squared up and the defender is under control at the time of contact.
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

http://www.nba.com/nba101/misunderstood_0708.html
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks, CJ. Yea, the "feet have to be planted" is a common myth from your casual Internet fans.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The only thing missing from this is a "LOL". I bet you might get 1 out of 10 charges that fit this criteria.

Let's count tomorrow night how many off the ball charges allow the shooter time to change their direction and how many on the dribble happen prior to the shooter starting his shooting motion. (How does this fit with the leagues liberal interpretation on continuations? That seems to start pretty early for some players.)

I haven't been saying your feet have to be planted, have I? I feel like I've argued all sides of this one.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

LBJ should have gone the distance and done a nasty as only he can do it windmill instead of dribbling the clockout tonight.

He needs to embrace the hate Bad Boys style if he ever wants to win people back. He should strut his dominance more.

I've never liked Bosh, but he played more like a big man tonight. Almost lunchpailish.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Heat despite some key TO's in the 4th by Wade, wanted this more than the Thunder and the so called experience was evident. I still think the Thunder can win one in Miami, so don't count them out yet.

They went up buy nine in the third and then gave up the lead by the time 3rd qyr ended. Wade was again going to the line (9-11) courtesy of Joey Crawford and a questionable call that could have been a no call like they didn't call on Lebron in game 2 was called and once Durant sat. Brooks decided to sit a tired out of control Westbrook at the same time which gave the Heat a chance to regrouped and they controlled game fromm the beginning of the fourth to the end despite OKC's chance to tie it in the 35 seconds. Harden was off and the Fisher probably took more shots than he needed.

Lebron had one foul, and Durant had five for the second straight game. Lebron also seems to get to the hoop when he wants and Durant seems to be defensed pretty well.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

If the Heat weren't the Heat I'd probably be rooting for them. Despite their top heavy roster they're a classic Eastern Conference grinder\body puncher most of the time.

I would be 100% distraught pondering quitting watching ball if/when the Heat were in this situation last year. I have more faith that they can lose now so it is not as upsetting.
  9. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Crystal ball says the OKT are done..............
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why does the offensive player get more rights (i.e. the defender can't set after he takes off) when he's airborn than when he is running on the ground? Seems like it is the offensive players decision to leave the ground and the usual rules should still apply.
  11. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Because you can no longer change direction. Most refs will call for offense in a blocking situation after.they have picked up the dribble
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Once again, the so called experience won out over the youth in tonights game 4, especially in crunch time. Since no team in the NBA finals has come back from a 3-1 deficit, the next one or maybe two games will be played just to pay the conscessions workers....unless LeBron's cramp is still affecting him on Thursday.

That wack to James Harden's head by Metta WP as finally come back to haunt him as he has only showed up one game...and they lost that one too. (game 2). He was about 2-10 tonight and missed an ez breakaway layup (that should have been a dunk) and blinked on a shot near the FT line under two mins to go when he should have drove to the hoop.

Yeah Miami has got a few homie calls, but these games were so close in the end, (one possession) that it could have been a 4 game sweep by the Thunder.

Westbrook seem to be only player who was not afraid to go to the hoop and seem to score at will for awhile. He scored 43 points, but only went to the line 3 times and the other Thunder players settled for jumpers and hardly got to the line either.

Once again Brooks got out coached here taking out Westbrook for about two minutes near the end of the 1st and replacing with Fisher who immediately logged a -10 in about 45 seconds and saw a 17 point lead wiped out in about 4 mins of second qtr play. Guess it appears he will be stuck with Kobe and Magic with only five rings...

And finally, whats the deal with everyone kissing Lebrons mother as they entered the tunnel?? Chalmers and Wade were the last two to plant the kiss and hug, and then Wade walks down the tunnel yelling M-F three times....on live TV with no 3 second delay to bleep it. :sssh:
    basketbills likes this.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

I think LeBron's mom is what's known as a slam dunk amongst his teammates.
    linwood likes this.
  14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am really upset. I guess I never realized how much I dislike the Heat. Not only James (for obvious reasons) but Wade too (ever since that stupid and childish mocking of Dirk in last year's finals because he was injured!!!). They have a great team, no question. Especially adding Battier was crucial in their success. But their whining, the superstar-calls, their arrogance represents so many things that make me mad.
    brofmfa likes this.
  15. The Panda

If I had to pick between a team which picked up a couple of free agents to build a team vs a bunch of flagrant cheaters abusing the lottery system to draft superstars led by Cho, I know where my morality sits.
  16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

OKC cheated or their players cheat? I'm interested in this statement.
  17. The Panda

OKC.

For the record, I actually really really like Durant and Harden. I think Westbrook is a little turd.
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

James Harden needs to figure some stuff out.
    He looks like Austin Daye during the majority of this series.

..."time & score" Westbrook! Gotta know "time & score" man!
  19. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

After last night's game........I was happy for Chalmers and Battier. The rest can go blow.
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yahoo-Woj has switched sides like a Tater after a few bad Lions seasons, he's singing the James praise like noone else.