NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's definitely one of those two...
  2. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Well, it looks like the Bulls' chances of getting out of the East just took a huge hit with Rose's injury, and on the flip side the Heat's chances just improved (barf).
    roscoe36 likes this.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That is too bad about D Rose. I really liked he and the Bulls.

Great Dal/OKC game last night. Really thought (and hoped) the Mavs were going to win.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

The stars are lining up for the Heat going back to the Finals. I am sick to my stomach.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, the Thunder-Mavs game was a good one. I haven't watched that much Western hoops this year since the games start about 4.30 AM here so I didn't realize how STACKED Oklahomas roster is. One could make a case that the trio of Durant-Westbrook-Harden is as good as James-Wade-Bosh (I wouldn't but it's not a crazy idea) ) and add to that the athletic monster Ibaka and a very solid center in Perk. They also have solid defensive role players in Sefolosha and Collison.

James stuck to the 11-12 finals script and took the 4th quarter off.

I'm pulling for Denver, Boston, and Clippers tonight. I'm indifferent to the Spurs - Jazz game.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

I forgot Steve Jackson plays for the Spurs so I am going for them........
  7. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

OKC has an awesome roster. But if we take this idea on, who matches with who in the big three?

Harden is a 6th man. He doesn't play big minutes, and he has a specific role. Even if he was a starter he isn't as good as Wade.
    Bosh can be an animal aswell.

The reality is that no bunch of players can be compared to one with LBJ in that bunch. He is, far and away, the best basketball player in the NBA right now - and even then, DWade throws up+25PER. There is not a single, useful, logical argument against that fact which isn't some baseless homer rant about 4th quarter choking - especially now that it is known that a rookie is the best finisher in the league.

I feel terribly sorry for Rose. I wanted to see another CHI-MIA CF. Maybe we will. Who knows.

Personally rooting for the Heat and OKC this year. I want LBJ to get a ring.[/quote][/quote]
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Awesome unbelievable comeback by the Clippers tonight as they close the game on a 28-3 run to win the game 99-98. For those of you that were sleeping, the Clippers were down by 27 with less than 8 minutes left in the game before CP3 and Blake teamed with bench mob> Eric Bledsoe, Reggie Evans and Nick Young to play their best defensive sequence of the season...in history and edge the Grizzlies by one.

This was the largest comeback in playoff history as the Clippers take back home court advantage that they basically had held on to all season until the last game of the season. (They just need to take care of business at home...)

Despite the miracle comeback, I am betting dollars to donuts, the Lakers game over the Nuggets will get the first sports story line on tonight's local LA sportscasts...:bs:
  9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Wow, that Clips-Grizz game must've been an amazing one. I was going to watch it, but then when I saw the score at half-time I didn't bother. Wow. Just wow.

Celts just took a big hit as Rondo idiotically chest bumped the referee in the 4th and got thrown out of the game. He's certainly going to get suspended. I would be very surprised if Rondo's wearing the green next year.

I hate the fact that Yahoo! sports' headline when reporting Rose's injury was "The King's road to the ring just got easier". :yellowprison:

OKC's roster is better balanced than the Heat.
  10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Knew that Clips-Grizz series would be good. :p welldone:

Impressive stuff from Drew though, I mean, tying an all-time playoff blocks record and setting a Lakers playoff record given all the great big men that have worn the purple and gold is no small feat. Denver didn't help themselves much with the way they were playing, though to be fair, their team is TINY compared to the Lakers, especially with Pau and Drew inside.

My favorite game was Spurs-Jazz; Timmy's still got it and Tony + Manu were great to watch on offense. I'm certain that one's going to be another competitive series.

Rondo's love affair with the refs continues. This one's going to be very costly.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Clips Grizz game was amazing. For 3 1/2 quarters, the Clippers played the worst NBA playoff defense I have seen in years, then, they played great defense and just came alive offensively. What a game.
  12. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

It certainly helped that the Grizz got complacent. Still just one game though, will be interesting to see how Memphis responds. As George Karl said: "This is a series, not a game." Wasn't suprised that despite large leads, both Pop and Mike Brown had starters in until only 2 minutes left either.
  13. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Saw the Clips-Grizz game when I got home from work on LP. Even though I knew what happened it was still exciting to watch. Can the Grizz recover I wonder? That 4th quarter was sloppy iso basketball. Credit the Clips D though.

I'm bummed the Thunder and Mavs are playing each other in round 1. Both are good enough to make the Finals.
  14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I want LBJ to suffer humiliating losses and read rumors about Delonte West and his mom.
    coynejeremy and alexa032 like this.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

It's been a rough start to the playoffs for this fan!
  16. LA Dre

This was despite the Bulls having a 12 pt lead with 75+ seconds left and they lose the franchise player in Rose.

Sure a player can go down hurt at anytime during the game, so any time a principle starter has a major injury in a game that is probably already decided, the coach will be second guessed...
  17. LA Dre

The King's road to the finals may have gotten easier, the now there is probably more pressure as now everyone will expect it.....

Bulls will stive give its a go and probably still get to the ECF, before succumbing.

I am thinking Knicks, Celtics and Magic injuries will eventually catch up with them and Indiana maybe questioning their own issues losing to the Howard less Magic. The unknown factor in the east are the Hawks.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Artest- out for buffoonery
    Staudemire- out for buffoonery
    Rondo- out for buffoonery
    Lin- injury
    Billups- injury
    Rose- injury
    Allen- injury
    Dwight Howard- injury
    Nash- had great year, but missed playoffs
    Chandler- traded from defending World Champs
    Pistons- out of the playoffs due to GM malpractice

I'm actually finding this year's playoffs to be a major letdown on many levels... especially after the blow to the Bulls. We had 2 contenders in each conference and now we will see LeBron in the Finals almost without question.

Bulls vs Sixers- At this point, even I don't care about the outcome.
    Heat vs Knicks- Would like to root for the Knicks, but there is zero point. Heat beat them by 40 in game 1 when they were trying.
    Magic vs Pacers- Without Howard? I could care less. And they still beat IND? That makes it worse.
    Hawks vs Celtics- At least BOS has Garnett back or this would be a total waste of time for them. I'm mildly interested, but not enough to tune in... maybe just check out a box score before bed.

Thunder vs Mavs- Again, killed by the Chandler move. Still somewhat interesting, but sucks that it is 1st round and 2-0. I'd watch this series over all others.
    Spurs vs Jazz- Boring for 1st round. I'll warm up to the Spurs and root for them if they make a run for sure.
    Lakers vs Nuggets- This one is a fun match-up. The Artest flare up sort of taints it for me as it overshadows the series at hand and creates annoying drama. Otherwise, this would be my 2nd series to watch.
    Clippers vs Grizz- I'd watch this if I thought the Clips were a contender. But I don't. They needed Billups to remain in his post prime for this post season in a big way.

Overall, I can't ever remember a playoff year with more injured and/or suspended stars. It makes it worse that our home team had a dud of a year (as they were busy tooling).
    Nemo likes this.