NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Favorite playoffs since KG/Boston in 2008. Very excited to see the Heat win, can't remember getting that emotionally invested in a NBA playoff series in a long time. Also hilarious to see writers "come back from the edge" in regards to LeBron and the Heat and seeing journalists all of a sudden start writing articles grounded more firmly in reality than all of this ridiculous pettifogging that's been spewed out all year.

Unfortunately a Heat win does nothing to cure this culture of cynicism around the game or it's need to constantly write/update/edit legacies as if they were a wikipedia page. It'll just be repackaged next season and served up to impressionable fans as reasoned basketball discourse. Sad.
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

When I want to see pettifogging..............I go to the Bacon Thread...............:)
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Congrats to the NY Times gig, pass!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/magazine/lebron-james-is-a-sack-of-melons.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1&ref=magazine
    coynejeremy likes this.