NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

After spending three nights in Orlando, I know how why most of you miss what happens on the late games. Although I stayed up late each night to watch those games, I probably could have went to bed on time and guessed what the result would have been with the LA teams falling each time. I am sure that the local radio Laker jocks were second guessing Metta for passing the rock to Steve Blake instead of going to the Black Mamba.....but he could have missed the same shot. (one sick fan issued a death threat to Blake for missing the shot...)

Hung out on planes most of last evening so I missed last nights Spurs-Clippers beatdown....and after seeing game one, I will probably skip the tape of that game and just watch the tape of last night's season ending episode of ABC's Scandal. Definitely won't invest any cash into going down to Staples this weekend, as the only team celebrating will probably be the NHL LA kings.

2. LA Dre

The Wednesday win by the Thunder is the same type of win the Lakers would bestow on other teams in the past that thought they had a late chance against the Lakers....who got a taste of their own medicine.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I was uninterested in the playoffs but GO PACERS!!! woot!!!!!

4. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Can't believe I'm wishing Pacer to win games.

round likes this.
  5. LA Dre

Clippers blow a 24 point lead by getting outscored 24-0 midway through the 3rd. It was not in the cards for them to get past the second round with no Billups and a coach that can't draw up a simple offensive set or teach his team how to play defense. They have gotten this far by on talent, but you need coaching, discipline and defense to get in the finals .

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Harden was really getting ripped off on the phantom fouls on Kobe in game 3. Also, Artest came withing a millisecond of going off the deep end again in a scuffle.

7. LA Dre

Twice in a 7 hour span, the home team in Los Angeles loses after having a double digit lead. Yeah the Clippers had a 80% CP3 so weren't expected to win a game. but before the series started, some expected the Laker-Thunder game to go 6-7 games.

Except for the blow out game, the other three could have gone either way. In fact, the Thunder who led game three by 5 with about 2 minutes left could have swept this series.

The only celebration for Staples this weekend maybe the Kings winning the western conference NHL championship on Sunday...

8. LA Dre

The NBA wants Kobe to play as long as he can to sell tickets and advertising so yeah they want him at the line, but tonight he just took too many shots in the 4th qtr (2-10) and forgot to pass it to Bynum who only took 4 shots in the second half.

brofmfa and linwood like this.
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

I totally agree. I was listening to sports radio after the game, and the chuckleheads were blaming Bynum for not being aggressive enough, but it's hard to be aggressive with the ball when no one passes to you.

I hate to admit it, but I'm actually rooting for the Lakers and Kobe in this series. Here's why. Ugh

1. I'm tired of reading, hearing, talking about Michael Jordan. If Kobe can win one more, he ties Jordan and finally gets the basketball respect he deserves.

2. (can't believe I'm typing this) Kobe deserves some respect. He has been the best all around player in the NBA for years, but in the mythos of basketball, it's all about Jordan and LeBron. Kobe has sold a lot of jerseys, but he's never been a consensus "best player in basketball."

3. Kobe never takes a game off. I've seen the guy take some horrible shots, I've seen him make some bad decisions, and I've seen him freeze out his teamates, but I've never seen him half-ass it. Ever.

4. As a Seattle resident and last-minute Sonics fan, I'm willing to accept that we are entering the Kevin Durant Era. For the next decade, we will all read articles, debate with our friends, and consider whether or not Kevin is as good as Jordan or Kobe were in their primes. And for the next decade, basketball fans will remember that the greatest basketball player of this generation was a rookie for our former team. That this should have been Seattle's basketball decade, not OKC's. So, I'm cool with that... but not just yet.

brofmfa likes this.
  10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The Spurs depth is insane. With Manu coming off the bench their second unit is better than the Pistons first.

11. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

There are two teams which I am totally comfortable with them winning
    1 - The SA Spurs. I love this team. Tim D is a humble athlete and I have a ton of respect for the guy.
    2 - OKC. Westbrook is a bit of a tool sometimes, but him, Harden and Durant are legit. They are great

Miami blows up the big three if they don't take it this year. But I am secretly hiding a Heat jersey. Not because I want them to dominate for years on end. I just want LBJ to get a ring.

Kobe is a self centred, arrogant tosser. He has no sense of responsibility, no respect for anyone. They guy is a total bell end. All he does is toss up clangers and then yell at his team mates. He is hypocritical, immature, and totally overhyped.

I look forward to the Lakers using their newfangled amnesty clause on his 9 for 32 ass.

LA Dre likes this.
  12. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That's it, how aggressive can he be while he didn't have a touch ?
    Love his noting of being Santa Clause after game 2 in locker room.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I've been rooting for the Lakers also. I don't really like OKC although they have impressed me in the playoffs this year. I would watch and root for them more if they were still the Sonics.

14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

With the Clippers in effect out I have a hard time finding a team to root for in the West. Sure, the Spurs play amazing hoops and they have this veteran good guys-narrative going but they are still zzz to me. Not even bringing in Captain Jack managed to get me excited about them. The same goes for the Thunder - some serious talent and the young good guys-narrative - but they still feel zzz, however not as zzz as the Spurs. It's may be the good guys-narrative that kills it for me since I always rooted for Skeletor over He-Man/Vader over Luke etc as a kid but I think it's more that those guys just have boring personalities. Gimme some off court drama!

In the East it's alot easier - I'm on both the Celtics and the Heat bandwagons!

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The Lakers would be at least tied if not up 3-1 against the Thunder if they still had the Zenmaster at the controls. Mike Brown is one of the most overrated coaches in the league. This Lakers playoff run reminds me a lot about the LeBron Cavaliers playoff runs.

16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Everybody that is declaring the Spurs a snore fest.... have you watched them much this year, they arn't the same old spurs, they are the highest scoring team in the league now. The way they played yesterday after being down 33-11 was a thing of beauty... IMO

BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think that the general viewing public just gets bored with the personalities on the team not changing over a multi year period. The Spurs core is the same as ever, so the show is tired to the viewers. If they traded one of their core for an equally effective new player who played exactly the same, more people would be interested. From a distance, few will care to notice differences in their play this year vs previous.

I'm rooting for them for those reasons pretty much.

18. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Its because the average viewer isn't interested in watching good basketball.

They want Blake Griffin posters and laughable staredowns. Not Timmy D using his feet to literally walk through defense on the low post

19. max

max All-Star

I think them losing in the 1st round last year and getting swept in the 2nd round the year before that has not exactly helped their cause in not looking like a team built for the regular season.

8-0 so far is very impressive. Maybe OKC is not a lock for the Finals afterall.

20. LA Dre

Nice final stand by the Clippers, but obviously the Spurs are on a mission and probably they won't have a series go 7 games.

I remember the Pistons getting swept in the 2003 ECF and came back to win the title the next year with a new coach. The Clips won't win the title next year, but with the new coach and some bigs that can shoot free throws, they can get to that WCF in the next two years.

A half cocked CP3 basically did his Kobe impression refusing to pass off to someone else when it was obvious to everyone in the arena, SoCal. USA that he was going to try to force those last two shots. The refs were not going to bail him out, so why he didn't stop and pop, or pass off to a baseline cutter is beyond all of us.