NBA Playoffs....Are you fired up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Apr 25, 2012.

?

Are you fired up for the NBA playoffs?

Poll closed May 5, 2012.
  1. YES, I WILL WATCH EVERY POSSIBLE GAME! I AM SO EXCITED, I WILL ANSWER IN ALL CAPS!!

17.6%
  2. I love the NBA playoffs. I will catch a few games here and there. I'll definitely watch the Finals.

29.4%
  3. I'm fired up to watch my 2nd favorite NBA team and root them on to a championship

23.5%
  4. I'll watch some action if I'm bored and the remote happens to stop at the right time and channel

23.5%
  5. The season ends for me on Thursday, April 26 when the Pistons season ends

5.9%
  1. max

max All-Star

I thought that was kind of weird, especially 2 plays in a row. Maybe it was lack of post-season experience.
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

That's me! Spice it up with something that annoys everybody like The Decision or flopping and I'm a fan for life. (or atleast until people stop being annoyed by whatever happened)
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The Spurs are fun to watch. Yeah, it's still the same cast of characters pretty much but you see some ridiculous assists and some amazing layups. These guys are very very good.

On a separate note, Lebrown probably had the best post-season game of his career yesterday with 40pts 18rebs 9assists 2stl and 2blk. Apparently the last player to go for 40/18/9 in the post season was Elgin Baylor against the Pistons (yaay, we got mentioned in playoff coverage!)
    linwood likes this.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

LeBrizzle had an unbelievable game. I'm definitely rooting for the Pacers, but credit where credit is due. Both LeBran and Dywade played like all the hype yesterday.

I also agree with you on the Spurs. They might not have the highlight dunks that Blake has, but they don't really need it. They find wide open lanes for easy layups nearly every possession. It's really a thing of beauty to watch. Also, another credit where credit is due: Blakey G had a great game against the Spurs. Can't wait for the Spurs (probably) OKC matchup.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Wade sure had a game of two halves, not only his play but also his body language made him look like a total wash up in the first half and in the second half he exploded going 11/11 or something during a stretch while looking more explosive than ever.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Tru dat lin.
    As much as I wanna run over TheBron with a pickup truck, dude brought-it yesterday.
  7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Paul doesn't lack postseason experience, just the Clippers.
  8. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Nah, more like the Clips have a crappy head coach. They'd be a good team for D'Antoni to take over, dunno if that'll translate to more postseason success though. CP is great, but he can only take you so far on his own, and VDN's modus operandi at the end of games is the same as Mike Brown's was in Cleveland (and LA) - put the ball in CP/Kobe/Lebron's hands and pray. It was obvious the way the Spurs defended both plays that they knew all they needed to do was stop CP to win. Speaking of the Spurs - I realize Faried has the catchier nickname and he's nice (hated him when they played the Lakers, just plain hate McGee) but Kawhi Leonard has been great, one of the steals of the draft imo. Very good defensively, quick, and can hit the three. That he's become a favorite for one of the best coaches around says a lot as well.

It's been a good year for both LA teams - I would've liked to see Kobe and the Lakers advance instead of the ever-overreacting Westbrook and OKC, but oh well. I must confess that these playoffs have rekindled my Laker fandom - and I think this Laker team still has a shot at ring number 6 for Kobe, albeit requiring a few tweaks. Hell, they could potentially have been the ones up 3-1 going into tonight's game if not for a few unfortunate mistakes. MK has a ton of work to do to give his big three a better, more consistent supporting cast of perimeter players. They should keep Sessions, but get him a shooting coach. They just need better depth, and better outside shooting. A better coach would help too.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Lakers may have another ring left in their pocket, but it may fall through the hole if they don't get it next year. In other words if they can't get it next year, a 2013-14 Kobe may will only be 60% of what we see now.

Mitch Kupcake will have to decide if he keeps Gasoft, since Kobe is calling him out. DHoward still wants to play in Brooklyn so the question is can he be lured out west or if he stays with new management down in Disney world.

Bynum and MWP are still questionable in terms what they might do on the court....

I am a LA guy but jumped off the Laker bandwagon in 1988. (when they stole a title from the Piston). I got on the Clipper bandwagon in 2006 and adopted them as my second team behind the Pistons. Agree that Vinny was a bad fit all year. He has actually hindered Blake's game and stunted the growth of CP3. Definitely a new coach and another big that can shoot FT's and mid range jumpers is needed for this team to get some wins in the second round, oh year and some players that can play defense...
  10. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

As long as Kobe is on that team, they can't afford to surround him with the players they need. And to be quite honest, I would take Gasoft over Kobe in a heartbeat.

His salary alone eats about half of the salary cap. Not as bad as the situation in New York, however, with 77% of their salaries tied up in TC, Marshmelo and Amare Surgeryknees.

As for them possibly being the ones up 3-1. Yeh, things could have been different, but they weren't. I have never understood this sentiment. As far as I am concerned it should have been a sweep. How on earth did the LAL shoot 41-42 FTs? Why were they even given that many? OKC is the better team. Lakers never stood a chance in my eyes.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  11. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Both teams shot a ton of FTs - without the intentional fouling at the end, I believe the FT differential was only 8. They called it much closer after Russell Hothead overreacted to Ron trying to tie him up to get a jump ball. That guy also very nearly lost them game 4 with the turnover late - he should be thankful Pau returned the favor which allowed Durant that transition 3. Kobe also got inside a lot - if Super Collider Stuck can get calls inside, a superstar like Kobe surely will. Not to mention them having to foul Drew to stop him inside. Harden in game 3 and Durant late in game 4 (6 fts within the first 5 or so minutes of the fourth) got the calls too. It was not a one way thing - it's why having superstars is so important.
    Kobe at his age still > Pau - guy is called Gasoft for a reason. People hate on Kobe because he can be a jerk and a ball hog, but Westbrook's as arrogant as they come with his post-dunk screaming and demonstrative behavior. Hell, he's about as bad that way as a younger KG was, and not as good. OKC is good, yes, but they're not the world-beaters the pundits make them out to be.
  12. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Lol, if I was Pau I wouldn't try hard either. Kobe can't shoulder any responsibility, all he ever does is talk trash to his own teammates.

And lets face fact, OKC swept Dallas (sans Chandler, admittedly), and was a hairs breadth from doing the same to LAL. We can talk about the Spurs, but the reality is that OKC has faced two better teams, and really done well.

Westbrook is very arrogant. I totally agree. But he has a reason to be arrogant. He is fast, efficient and generally just good at the game of basketball. I understand the concept of sports hate, but if you like Kobe and don't like Westbrook, then this is just a joke.
  13. BallDon'tLie

From a roster standpoint, the Lakers will likely be the same team next year (minus Gasol). With the additional mileage on Kobe and Mike Brown running the show, I don't see them as serious contentors in the WC anymore. The Lakers will now become "that team that nobody wants to face in the 1st round". ...But that's all they'll be until Kobe hangs it up.

Teams like OKC, Denver, Utah and the Clippers will be battling it out for the next years. You also can't really count out the Spurs and Mark Cuban won't allow Dallas to slip for very long.

The Lakers are done as far as ring-winning concerned.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

They were saying on Inside the NBA last night that the Lakers are interested in Ben Gordon and Charlie Villaneuava so they can re-tool on the fly instead of rebuilding.
    brofmfa likes this.
  15. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Did Pau not try? I think he did. Perk and Ibaka simply got him out of his comfort zone and off his game. Denver with all their undersized bigs did the same damn thing. Kobe shoulders a ton of responsibility. I'd argue he tries to do too much too often, in fact.

Dallas? That team was in flux all season. Dirk himself admitted to lacking motivation after winning his first championship last year, in fact, and it showed. OKC swept Dallas because they were weak inside and slow outside. Plain and simple. We talk about the Spurs because they are a well-coached, deep, highly unselfish team, and has one of the most skilled big men around.

Westbrook is good, no question. I like Kobe because he works hard, has a competitive drive that puts Andrew Bynum's pouty ass to shame, and because he's a player who, when he lost his athleticism, tweaked his game and remains a damn good player. Liking and not liking someone is a very subjective thing - I liked Russ as a rookie, in fact, and have never claimed to "hate" him - I simply dislike him more at the moment because he stood out most on the team that just eliminated a team I liked. I'm normally pretty indifferent to that team, actually. I get that you hate Kobe. I get that you think he's an awful basketball player. Doesn't mean my liking him as opposed to Russ despite key similarities is anywhere near "a joke" though. It's an opinion. Everyone has them, and has every right to them.
  16. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Steve Kerr also said during the broadcast last night that the Clippers needed a "stretch 4" - CV fits that description to a tee! Let's trade them CV for CP3! :first:
  17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Don't tease like that....
  18. BallDon'tLie

Gordon & Garbage for Pau works from a salary standpoint.
    Man, Gasol makes a lot of money!

Watching Kobe verbally abuse Charlie on a nightly basis for blowing defensive assignments would be priceless!
    linwood likes this.
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

I would buy a Kobe jersey if that ever happened.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

James Harden post game interview:

!