Rumor NBA Rumor - Okafor to Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Nov 28, 2012.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...agreed
    The fact that Kenny played PF in a small ball lineup @ Mizzu has always intrigued me. I'd like to see the guy get some run in some games before Joe makes him a Laker.

Every additional minute that Charlie is "showcased" increases the chances that the Pistons end up right back in "Amensetyville".
    Charlie needs a good case of "flu-like symtoms, game time decision" for a few days to buy some time.
    If Joe plays his cards right, he could get an expiring contract and a 2nd rounder for BoT.

Emeka Okafor's best year was his rookie season (04/05).
    His numbers have declined steadily ever since. How is that NOT a red flag for Joe?
    His career arc mirrors Guns & Roses
    Appetite for Destruction was awsome but everything that followed can be found in the $3 bin at Big Lots.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Chinese Democracy is underrated.
  3. BallDon'tLie

I was never a big fan of the band irregardless but I thought that using The Strokes or Television would have made it a harder point to grasp.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

As a G'n R fan, I got it.

I am happy Mik posted this, regardless of how good it is. He did tag it RUMOR.

Today is a good day in Pistons land. A trade rumor makes it better.

Although I gotta say, after the way they played last night including BoT, do you really want to break that up for Emeka Okafor?
  5. BallDon'tLie

The list of NBA players that I wouldn't trade "the Bucket" for is pretty dang short.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You're giving up English and JJ too.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Personally, I would be very reluctant to give up any player before I had the chance to see them in real action for a reasonable length of time. If Singler wouldn't have received all this playing time (i.e. if Stuckey would have got off to a good start) then we would have zero idea of his worth. He could have been included as trade filler and non of us would have really known the difference.

English might not be that great, but he's got some unique attributes and I'd like to see.

Jerebko is a different story. We have all seen him play for multiple seasons. We pretty much know what his ceiling is, what his floor is, and his consistency level. Pretty easy to tag a value on him.

Villanueva is the wrong kind of player for Detroit basketball. However, his reputation has unfairly been diminished sing we acquired him. Joe overpaid a bit, but CV is still the same player as when we got him. The only thing that crushed his market value since is the way that he was used and then benched. Any player that gets benched for multiple seasons will be looked at as garbage by the league. If we would have let him be the shoot first bench scorer that he is, the league would view him about the same way that Joe viewed him before the signing. Either don't acquire him, play him, or trade him. The worst of all worlds is overpaying for a guy and then making him look so bad that he can't be unloaded. Untradable players should be guys that got injured, aged too much, went off steroids, etc. We did the same thing with Ben Gordon by flooding our own market with shooting guards and creating unnecessary conflict and benchings.

Okafor would be a great edition if he were at Maxiell's salary level. He's not a bad player, just overpaid.
    coynejeremy and Walter like this.
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

At the risk of derailing this thread yet further, if you are (were) a GNR fun, Duff's recent autobiography "It's so easy and other lies" is a pretty decent read. My sister dragged me to a reading when he was up here in Seattle promoting his book. He's very candid and it's an interesting insight. I typically don't feel sorry for self-destructing musicians, but his is an interesting transformation going from rock star to family man.

As far as the group goes, I liked their stuff, especially Appetite for Destruction. After Use Your Illusion it was a huge crash. I hated going to their concerts though. It was always a painful experience and Axl was always a real turd.

Getting back to topic, this still wouldn't be a bad deal for us. If the motivation for Wiz is just to dump Okafor, we can do so straight up in a CV/JJ for Oak swap.
  9. BallDon'tLie

I'd sacrafice JJ to get rid of Saunanueva as long a Mogilny doesn't follow Jonas out of town.
    Mogilny leaving this site is a dealbreaker for me.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd be willing to package Villenueva and Mogilny in a deal and not lose a wink of sleep.
  12. BallDon'tLie

I read the link that you had posted.
    I had no idea that Tommy Stinson was playing bass for GnR.
    He was the bass player in The Replacements (80's Minneapolis punk). The Replacements were one of my favorite bands when I was a youngster.
  13. dozero

dozero First Round Draft Pick

14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I once tendered a trade offer to Realgm to send Darth Tater for ComboguardCity but they countered with adding Mercury and I had to back out. Though in my early days, I was much more active and sent Buddhafan over to DBB for a chat app and some instructions.
    BillLaimbeer, linwood and coynejeremy like this.
  15. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

Appetite may have been the single greatest rock album in history. Lies was okay. Illusion was a major letdown. Nothing of note after that. I've met Duff out here in Seattle. He's a very cool guy. I met Slash at a House of Blues thing in LA. He's also very cool. You would have to pay me to hang out with Axel Rose. He seem like a complete and total dick.

As for the trade- a big no to Okafor. He's regressed every year that he's been in the league. I'm not sure that he's even an upgrade over J-Max.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

I sacrificed some of my hearing at the altar of "The Replacements Stink"
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I have a no-trade clause, JJ is on his own if he's traded. I'd miss his hook and the uncontested three point shot fake though.
  18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I looked at Okafor's stats... thats a pretty bad looking slide he's taken since drafted #2 overall.... Talent was there as a rookie, has he regressed over time or just been dealt such a bad hand that he's lost his passion? either way I'd pass on him unless it was at a fraction of his current contract.
  19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Joe's next reclamation project.
  20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I love when multiple completely unrelated topics get intertwined within the same thread.