NCAA 2006 Men's Bracket Pool

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ok kids, here is your chance to play a little bit of bracket-ology here at PF.

Pick your Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four and National Championship game teams.

We'll decide the winner by giving

1 point for EACH correct Sweet 16 berth
    2 points for EACH correct Elite 8 berth
    3 points for EACH correct Final Four berth
    and 5 points for the EACH of two teams in the National Championship game.

Rules

You must be a registered PF.com member to play. Do not register multiple accounts to submit more than one entry. You will be found out.

You must select teams that make sense based on the brackets. Yep, you'll have to read the brackets and pick winners each step of the way. If you disregard the brackets you will totally screw yourself out of a chance to win. The brackets are BIBLE.

You will be given ONE opportunity to revise your predictions after the post editing limit has passed. You must Private Message your revisions to roscoe36 before the deadline. The forum date & time on your PM will be considered the postmark. Do not email.

Deadline

Your predictions must be in by 11:00 AM Eastern on Saturday March 18th. That will mean the first round is complete and there will be 64 teams left. All prediction posts after this time will be considered null and void.

Prize

The winner will receive a PF.com T-shirt by mail. This prize has a cash value of $0 (means you can't ask for cash instead). Winners must be willing to provide a name and shipping address (privately) to receive their reward. In the event of a tie on points, we will award multiple prizes.

How to Play

Select your Sweet 16 teams based on the brackets (that will be in the 4th round).

Then pick the 8 teams that advance to the next round, the four teams that advance to the round after that, and the final 2 teams that advance to the championship game.

You can view the brackets HERE, and you can view a printable version with schedule HERE.

Questions can be posted to this thread, however question posts will be removed and the answers added to the first post in the thread for the benefit of everyone (and to keep things neat and tidy).
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Gr8 Idea...

I'm in baby... prepare to crash and burn fellas!

Bucknell's in the NCAA?... who's Davidson?:confused:
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

I might have a very sweet basketball-related prize to donate for the winner of this (roscoe check PMs)
  4. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

dudes! great idea! I submit for your consideration (from sunny puerto rico where I am on a junket, i mean, where i am attending an academic conference courtesy of the university of michigan):

Sweet 16:

Atlanta: Duke, LSU, Iowa, Texas; Oakland: Memphis, Kansas, Indiana, UCLA: D.C.: UConn, Illinois, MSU, Wichita St.; Minneapois: 'Nova, BC, Florida, OSU

Elite 8:

Atlanta: Duke, Iowa; Oakland: Kansas, UCLA; D.C.: UConn, MSU; Minneapolis: BC, OSU

Final 4:

Duke, Kansas, UConn, OSU

Championship Game:

Duke, UConn

Final Score:

Duke 73, UConn 70

good luck everyone! (god 80 degrees and sunshine and sound of ocean breakers really just makes you a better person all around)
  5. roscoe36

This was a very disappointing turnout. Scolas, I'll get your address info, you've won a free shirt.
  6. roscoe36

Scolas' shirt.

[​IMG]

with a personalized message on the back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.