Need for Sheed

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Apr 30, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

sheed was hot and we didn't ride him. now i'm not angry because there is no way we'll lose this series, but it would be very dissapointing to see this series go 6 or 7 games whe it doesn't have to. The bucks have no answer for sheed and we will win games 4 and 5 if we keep giving it to Sheed until the bucks double him.

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Indeed we need to ride whoever is the hot man in the scoring department. We don`t seem to do that very often. The Bad Boys were famous for milking a play till it ran dry, whether it was Dumars, Vinnie, Isiah, Aguire, it could have been anybody! And we could do the same thing with these Pistons.

This team is not acustomed to attacking the rim from the block, everyone seems lost when they do it. Tay, and Sheed seem to hold the ball too long in the post. Are they waiting for the double team? They wont be doubled unless they have success down there!

If they just attacked immediatley, before the defense can get set it would probably catch any team by suprise.

Back to the original question, we should ride the hot guy. Furthermore, that hot guy should demand the ball!!!!

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

we also need to get the hurt guy OUT! F this 4 on 5 crap.

4. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Are you talking about Rip or Tay? Prince also seemed to be injured, possibly menstrual cramps.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Ben in the postgame even said that they should have kept going to rasheed. if rasheed just gets the ball in that stupid paint we'd be so much better than we already are. I love how Sheed can step out and hit that jumper, but we have to get him the ball in the post first, and than we can hurt them with the jumpshot when they switch up there D to stop the inside. There is no reason to be worried, but i would hate to see this series go 6 or 7 games when we clearly are the superior team.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If I knew we would have 104 points, and 43 bench points along with 37 minutes the most played by a starter I would have thought we won pretty easily and the bench had some good 4th quarter minutes. Of course milwaukee was fighting for their lives, but in Game 4 the pistons should have much more energy because they shouldn't want this series to get tied 2-2.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think you said it best a while back Dobber. We take for granted how good these guys are. Despite Tay disappearing at times, he's definitely the better option out of Simmons, Jeffries, 'Toine, Stojakovich.

Of course, next season he makes $7 million, and becomes one of the top 100 paid players. Expectations will increase even further.

Urgh, GO SHEED!

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i agree with the original post.