[Need4Sheed] Season Ticket Holder Conference Call

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Need4Sheed, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Need4Sheed

Need4Sheed Second Round Draft Pick

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Re: Natalie from N4S needs your help

Thanks! Good work!
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Thanks Natalie.

Joe sounded kind of pressed about playing the young bench. Lot's of 'ummms'. I've never heard Joe speak so wishy-washy about the team...scary stuff to me.

I have to be honest...the questions about Ben & KG were really left field.

And the Sheed response...sounds like a boat with sails & no rudder. Flip is too much of a players coach without the drive to press the guys to potential. Jeez I miss LB.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

"But Bargnani has been on a steady statistical upswing, thanks in no small part to a directive from Raptors G.M. Bryan Colangelo last month telling coach Sam Mitchell to give the 7-footer more minutes. The move paid immediate dividends: Bargnani had six straight double-digit scoring nights from Nov. 26 to Dec. 6." ESPN

Maybe Joe D could pull a Colangelo and issue some sort of "directive" of his own.
  5. Need4Sheed

Need4Sheed Second Round Draft Pick

No problem...
    Actually there were quiet a few umms and pauses here and there. It actually sounded that he was trying to get the point across that Larry was bad for the team and thinking about himself more than the team though he never said it. There were a few other questions but nothing of that much importance.

As for the Ben and KG questions, I actually think a lot of unrealistic Pistons fans believe those rumors.
  6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

A State of the Union Conference Call...incredible.

A very poor showing for JD and even worst showing for fan-base questions. What planet are these people from?

How much does a season holder have to pay to hear this American Pie theme?

I have a bad feeling about this pattern of disconnect from the piston organization.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I didn't think it was that bad pass. I agree it may seem a little desperate doing a state of the union address, but the questions Natalie highlighted were decent.

I think the Wallace thing rang a little hollow.

Acker's situation is a lot trickier than Joe lets on.

He's making $1 million, likely tax free + living expenses. He's also starting for Greece's second best team in the European championship.

If he opts out, and comes back to the NBA, we have his rights, but a bidding war could ensue which would mean we have to use our Mid-Level Exception, effectively ending any opporunity to make a significant splash in free agency.
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think you're right roscoe. I think the AA plane has flown away. We may well see him back in the NBA again, possibly as early as next season. But my gut tells me it won't be with the Pistons. And my gut is pretty big, so I listen to it. Right now its saying "Feed Me".