Nene for McDyess Trade Rumour

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Oct 31, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ok I'll bite on this Denver Post article saying that Detroit was one of the four teams interested in Nene.
    First, where does this come from...an agent?... a league source?
    Who would we possibly package to acquire Nene?.... Sheed... Darko & someone?
    Nene's price tag will be prolly start around 10M.
    Most likely just an inquiry from Joe... but it would be nice to know if it's more than an overzealous reporter makin' up stuff.
  2. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Blaha and a hotdog.:eyebrows:
  3. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Nene

I could see Nene in Piston's Red, White, and Blue. Reminds me of what I told that joker from Denver who invaded the other forum right after they signed Rodney "quick hands" White. Some might recall this joker goin on and on about how Denver was gonna be the next dynasty; and gloating over their "theft" of RW.

I told him then that we would see him in 3 or 4 years when Nene came available. Well time's almost up!:eyebrows:

I'm not sure I would want to trade anybody for him except Delfino if Denver would go for it, CBA aside. I say just make him an offer when the time is right. Denver ain't payin. They gotta pay Melo. We'd have a logjam upfront but that's what we pay coaches the big dollars for.:ohwell:
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

On the surface you would say that the need is not there... that's why we're not Joe... he's got his 5 year plan going on... "compete now and later"

Someone suggested moving Dice for Nene (since Denver will lose him anyways)... possibly throwing in a prospect.

We're obviously not in a position to be picking up another 9M+ contract for a backup... but you never know if Joe is thinking about selling high again (Sheed) while his assets still have top value.

I could certainly see a future of Darko, Nene & Prince front line with Ben backing them up in 3 years.

Thank god we can finally talk about a real game on Wednesday.
  5. jdmiser

jdmiser Second Round Draft Pick

Nene

Watch out for Nene going to Chicago, instead of them targeting Big Ben. Nene is a beast!
  6. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Merc

I saw JTrain's post over at the other place. He seems to believe the Nene deal is actually not out of the realm of possibility.

Just for argument's sake, let's say it has been discussed.

1) It does allow Joe D to clear McDyess's contract off the books, which I think is going to be necessary anyway as some of these other big signings (Ben, Darko, Chauncey) come up. Although I suspect he would have to choose at the end of the year between keeping Nene and keeping Ben, as both will be FAs.

2) Nene is more of a bulky center-type, which means he is another big body on Shaq and also is someone who could legitimately allow Darko to move over to what I consider to be his more natural "4" position down the road.

Really, the trade makes some sense for all three teams involved, as Denver desperately needs a SG (Davis, although I can't see he and Anthony playing together) and Boston could definitely use a big.

It's not a ridiculous idea, although I would still say the odds are against it.
  7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

umm...

could someone please post a link to the source of where all of this Nene trade talk is coming from?

thanks. :)
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm too lazy... but it's in yesterday's Hoopshype... basically just says that Detroit is one of the four teams interested in Nene.

[roscoe36: here's the link, http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_3167618 ]
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I was looking all over for that article. Thanks Roscoe.
  10. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Would be an interesting trade. Depends on a lot of things happening though which makes it less of a possiblity.
  11. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Thanks Roscoe...Thanks Merc
  12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Nene is juice? Quick hands?

Nene, who has averaged 10.7 points and 6.2 rebounds in his first three seasons, is believed to be seeking a deal similar to the six-year, $64 million contract Philadelphia 76ers center Samuel Dalembert signed in July.

"If you talk about defense, it's good, but offense, I need confidence," Nene said.
    "I'm in shape, but I want a little bit more. I want to be fast. I'm not slow, but I want more. I want to run. I want to do a lot."

Nowadays, they're letting anybody get big money on the free- agent market," Nuggets center Marcus Camby said. "Nene's probably the best running big man we have in this league. Regardless, he going to get paid, either here or from somebody else."

I am juice. I am a product. This is what I am," says Nene, the beverage palmed by a giant mitt. "Players are no different than juice. We are part of the business."

"I know I can be the best," says Nene, not lacking for confidence, especially for a dude slated for duty spelling Marcus Camby at center, when not giving a blow to Kenyon Martin at power forward.

What Nene lacks in hops is offset by uncommonly quick hands. As a power forward, his post moves remain primitive. But his speed can leave foes gasping for Colorado's thin air.
  13. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I'm not that high on the guy. The only thing he's really proven in the league is a willingness to pick fights with his own teammates during practice. Doesn't have the Pistons mojo, IMHO.
  14. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

well, looks like this rumour might be put on hold for a while...

For most of the game, they were without key reserve Nene, who left in the first quarter with a leg injury.
    Nene hobbled off the floor after the play with what the team described as a sprained right anterior cruciate ligament. He did not return.
  15. max

max All-Star

Trade

This does not make a whole lot of sense. Unless Dumars wanted to use it to dump a salary.
  16. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

So much for a Nene deal. Two turnovers in 2 minutes of play and then a knee injury. They said he also had been suffering from Hamstring problems that had started to create knee problems. Could the Nuggets be trying to part with damaged goods???:confused:
  17. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Trading Dyess For Nene

would in my opinion open up more minutes for Darko and basically close out Davis unless he would move to backup Big Ben and Nene would be behind him.
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

see there's thing called crack......

,,,,and all I can say about acquiring a sissy who wants to be called "SH-NENE" is just say no, bruddas..crack is wack!!!!
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Unfortunate

Now we can trade the 2006 2nd round draft pick for Nene.
  20. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

No

I say no to Nene.

I understand he is big and has some upside as well but we don't need another young big to resign and have on our books for the next couple of years. And he doesn't have the nice nifty fadeaway and jumpshot that Dyess has to draw his man out.

But whatever Joe says and does, I follow. :eyebrows: