1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Nets/Pistons Trade Re-Opened..May involve 17 Players

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jan 9, 2011.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The Max/Rip duo makes as much as the CV/Gordo combo. If we traded Max and Rip for Zac Randolph right now, and our 1st unit was, T-Mac/Stuck/Tay/Z-Bo/Monroe with Gordo/Daye/Wallace/CV and sometimes Bynum coming off the bench, I believe we'd be a team on pace to win 50 wins. When we get 20 and 10 from Wilcox and Monroe (combined) we play pretty well, Z-Bo gives you (at least) that EVERYNIGHT!

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

That's a solid roster that would only get better as dudes like G-Money, Daye and Jeb continue to improove. That's also the kind of roster that NBA FAs would look at and consider coming to Detroit to win some games.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tell that to the folks who seem to think we should be losing every season until we draft the next Blake Griffin and/or Derrick Rose in god knows what year.

4. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

That roster arguably is no better than the one Memphis currently has. I know the East is a little easier than the West, but not so much so that their non-playoff teams come here and win 50. Especially with the amount of teams capable of doing so in the East being higher than last year with the emergence of the Heat and Bulls.

In a league where talent is at such a premium, that's most likely the best option. Mediocre teams in poor free agent markets tend to stay mediocre unless they draft really well or make an amazing trade.

Maybe I just don't share the optimism. BDL mentioned that being a roster that NBA FAs might look at Detroit to come win some games. I see it as more likely a place they look at to come get paid. But I might just be underestimating the amount of people who want to play with Stuckey.

5. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Especially if Gordon could hit the broad side of a barn when he is open!!!

6. BallDon'tLie

If you're looking to get paid, Detroit shown a history of not being the place that FAs are likely to come. Maybe new ownership will change that.

I really liked that comment about underestimating the amount of dudes who wanna run with Stuck. That's some hilarious (expletive) right there dawg!

:pound:

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Balance, while our team isn't exactly a powerhouse they're a WHOLE LOT BETTER with a floor general in T-Mac who can get players the ball and run the offense, now the biggest weakness we're left with is the absence of a consistent/dominant rebounder and a guy who we can dump the ball to in the post. Monroe is a solid rebounder who when playing at his peak can get you 10+rebs but Z-Bo does it easily EVERY NIGHT. Also Monroe is great at catching the ball off a pass and scoring but we still don't have a front court player who we can just go to with the rock. Memphis has 3 good players and a quasi-decent PG in Conley, Mayo is too busy fighting and taking banned substances to contribute on a steady basis and they have ZERO depth, that would not be the case here.

8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

As much as I enjoy T-Macs game I would rather cash in on him with a pick than having him as a starter for next season. The guy is as fragile as they come. Has he ever played a full season? Isn't the standard T-Mac story that just as you think you got something good going the guy breaks down?

9. BallDon'tLie

I'm backin' you on this Mog!

I just don't have a high level of confidence that Tracy will re-sign with us next year anyway (20% at best).

10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

why don't we try to get Kaman? Him with Monroe could be decent. The Clippers are looking to improve at the SF spot and we could use a solid big to play alongside Monroe.

11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

IMO Kaman and Monroe are redundant players. We could use someone like Bogut.

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I suspect that for Kaman Clippers wants JJ-like future.(+Tay's salary) Dumars disagrees.

There is no future for Clippers anyway.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Detroit Pistons: 5 Trades To Part Ways with Prince and Hamilton and Move On | Bleacher Report

Some of these like the one the last page we have all thrown around, but there are a couple of new trade scenarios that no one here has suggested.

14. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Read this quote from the article:
    I laughed out loud.

15. Walter

Dallas trade is the one that makes the most sense.

With Utah, Prince would be a good upgrade over AK47. Not sure they'd go for Rip though.

16. buffaloBRAVE

buffaloBRAVE First Round Draft Pick

thought i'd throw this out there, but the trade machine says melo for rip and stucky works. Even confirms that melo for rip stucky and summers works.

I think that could be a good deal for both teams.

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We aint given up Stuck for a Melo rental.
    I can see Gores, if he buys the team, going to JD and saying, "People say I should keep you on because of this and that. But when I look at the product and the coaches lack of accountability, I think the GM needs to go.
    JD - "But I was trying to save money for the sale." You know Ms. D.
    Gores - head now flush with shoulder.

18. linwood

linwood All-Star

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Good stuff Thee!

19. Walter

Even if that works salary-wise, why on earth would Denver do that? If you said Prince, Stuckey, Summers and 2 first rounders for Melo, that might work.

20. Fear Laimbeer

Fear Laimbeer Second Round Draft Pick

idk about this.. i dont think some of this is possible because of bidgets and all no?