Nets/Pistons Trade Re-Opened..May involve 17 Players

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jan 9, 2011.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

For all of Joe's faults, one thing we can confidence in as Pistons fans is that he never gets swindled in a trade

So here's where we're at if I'm following correctly, (1)Joe is not giving up a pick. (2)If we have to take back Petro's contract we want a pick in return (3)Rather than give up another pick NJ is looking for a 4th team to eat Petro's contract...............HELLOOOOOOOO ..........ORLANDO YOU IDIOTS!!!!! They have a $6.3M trade exception and they need a 7 foot scrub to play in a pinch.
  2. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

But I'm lactose intolerant. Is frozen lemonade a choice?
  3. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Yes, let's use Murphy to get Rip off the books and then with Tay gone, the team can really get into rebuild mode. A top five pick coming, Monroe and JJ and a new owner. Everyone else should be on the table as well. Do a total rebuild. Not try to build just a first round team. Try and build an elite team.
  4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

!

No, but a work-around might become evident.

The point, as a referent, might be in placement and what is experienced in the mind's eye.

In the former, frozen is not movement as in dripping. This is not a morgue or such that is not longer capable of a living host that is forever lost from the active furnace. One should not live, or see beyond, for the potential of an enlightened thaw.

In the latter, the mind doesn't care as long as the trick is believing as a choice. The levels of substitution are not only layered, but must admit that all have route to certain passage-ways. There are the locks (as expressed from Kafka's, The Trial, and the inclusionary parable about, The Law), but most are hesitant while they hold the golden key. All dreams are translucent vales of specious lock movements. The creative ones are much more patient about what is to become and are not afraid to use it upon arrival.

Whew! See what an interpretation of choice (or not) can bring?

The break-out, from the devil's ice cream pallet, is not in the variety, but in selection. It can be the basic vanilla, chocolate or my favorite, Mississippi Mud. Yours might be combination called, Lemonade. Oh yes, please never forget, that variations of personalized passage-ways take some form of Lemonade spirals all-the-way-down.

In the end, the expectation is still a choice: drop all for what you have or accept a new offering.

5. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Why can't we get or why aren't we after Harris?

In my opinion, I think he'll be a better point guard that Stuckey will ever be, and Denver doesn't need him being that Ty Lawson is up and coming into his own over there. Plus, Chauncey is probably going to be bought out and return to Denver after all that's said and done.

So why can't we get Harris?
  6. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[SARCASM]because we already have on of the league's best PG's[/SARCASM]
  7. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Re: !

So...about Ben Gordon?
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure why, but it kind of bums me out that Murphy will seek a buyout if he is traded to the Pistons. I'd like to see him play here for some odd reason.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Supposedly, the Nuggs are trying to dump Harrington too.

So many variables that I could see this falling apart.
  10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Im ok with it. buy him out, clear the space and give the youngsters pt. get ready for next year
  11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

I still doubt that this trade will happen. CB doesn't want to leave Denver, Detroit doesn't want this overpaid scrub whose name I forgot, Harrington is not wanted by anyone, Murphy's going to seek a buyout. Sheesh, NJ is trying too hard.
    And yes, this trade makes something obvious - RIP doesn't seem to be worth a thing, since NJ only wants take him if they can unload one bad contract themselves. What did JoeD do?
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I do worry about a team like Portland coming in and blowing the Pistons out of the water because they do not care about $$.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

And the main guy, Melo, desperately wants to become a Knick.

So much resistance on all levels.
  14. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm holding a prayer vigil at my place.

Light a candle. Chant with me:

"Trade Rip, Trade Rip, Trade Rip......"
  15. jetscreamer

jetscreamer First Round Draft Pick

Does Larry Brown take over to redeem himself in the New York area...with players he loves..Melo, Rip and Chauncey? FWIW
  16. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

BOTH Nuggets and Nets NEED that trade: according to Barkley, Melo has already quit (mentally) and for Nets this may be their only chance to grab legitimate and proven allstar ( instead of unproven projets from drafts, always risky business).

the problem is, as commentators point out, Denver new GM,Masai Ujiri, is inexperienced and therefore he has commited already several mistakes.

And for Melo it is better to sign extension now instead of waiting new CBA ( read:not so much money )
  17. TWOTIMESRALPHI

than JoeD should somehow be smart enough not to absorb Petro's unreasonable contract or get even some more talent :D
    I'd love to see a legit PG like Lawson or Harris coming to Detroit, he could throw in Stuckey to make that happen.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Here's the latest from Woj, who's always been a reliable source when it comes to trade rumors:
    Nets close to landing Anthony - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This is true. Joe saw an opportunity and he's playing it cool. I've been pleasantly suprised at how well he's been managing this so far.

If he can somehow turn Rip into Murphy's expiring and a 1st round pick, he would prove that he can fix his own mistakes in time.
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

If we could get rid of Rips contract and get a pick at the same time it would be a major step in the right direction for this franchise.