New Jersey Nets December 26th, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by Dlev59, Dec 24, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Right on DRE... the Nets have no interior defense and what do we do?... jack up trey all game.... Sheed shot 7 threes ourt of 12 shots... he hit most but this coud be the worst thing that could happen if he becomes more 3 happy now (Chauncey too)... it's a beautiful thing when Sheed takes his man down low.... To his credit he rebounded in traffice and was solid of his decision making.
    The refs blew the call at the end...Sheed bumped him then jumped back... honestly we didn't deserve this W... but how many times have we be on the other side of the calls.

So much for Nazr never helping off his man or playing in the 4th... where's Rodney White when you need him?

oh yeah... Fire up CMU Chips! ... nice recovery from being pond scum for so many years... Mac Champs & Motor City Bowl winners!
  2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

nets playing up the no-call big time.
    kidd said the refs screwed them over at least 3 times in the locker room. went on to say that if they're going to be so inconsistent they may as well not even turn up to play.
    singled out tom washington by name a couple of times. fines coming up?

lawrence frank griped numerous times without using words such as 'screwed over'.

carter didnt have much to say about it but was obviously disappointed.

even if the call was made we still would have had 3 or 4 seconds to win the game and there's no guarantee vince hits the free throws, so i don't see how the nets can act like they were completely screwed out of a win.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's hilarious Himat. And some people think that the opinions of the fans don't work their way through to the players, coaches and front office.

Flip's starting to crack!
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

HAHAHAHA

Someone needs to bring a sign to the next home game that reads:

[SIGN]Flip, free coaching advice at pistonsforum.com[/SIGN]

:stirthepot:
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Didn`t get to see the game, so I am making my comments based on the comments and recaps I am reading.

Frank, and Kidd were upset about the no-call huh, that`s too freaking bad. As Merc mentioned, we have been on the other side of those calls for so long it feels good on this side.

I honestly don`t understand all the 3`s being jacked up against a team like NJ. To me, it indicates laziness, and an undisciplined offense. Is this what Flip really wants from his offense?

Maybe, being the first Christmas in two years the team had off, negatively affected their focus and attention to detail in the game plan, if there was one.

Irregardless, it was a win! That`s all that counts. Abad game and a win happens.........Go Pistons!
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Saw the last half of the 3rd and on, Nets moved the ball around well and flat out hustled. They rotated quickly on D.
    I think this was a look-ahead game. Got the ruff and tumble Zekes tomorrow.
  8. roscoe36

Merc, you gotta ride CBill a little bit here man. Sheed nails 4-7 treys which was more FGs than CBill made all night (1-10, 0-5 from 3).

Billups played an absolute stinker. You know the guy. Our soon to be max player 32 year old PG on a 4 year deal.

4 FTs, and one made 2 point jumpshot.

Sheed in the paint is the least of our problems, believe me! Where is Tay in the paint? Suddenly he thinks he is a catch and release shooter like Rip. Delfino couldn't catch a cold let alone hit a J right now, and Dice is giving us just slightly more than nothing (3 turns and 4 fouls in 9 minutes).

I know you worry about Sheed jacking the trey bomb, but I just see it as giving Nazr the room to grow and blossom into the 5th All-Star starter.
  9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

OK, that was a serious post until you threw that in at the end. I'm getting whiplash over here. :pound:
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

3 to 1 the heckler was MH.
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

No bout a dought it... stink, stank & stunk.. we need more from our floor leader.

Sorry, but our most capable post player rarely even trying to get inside is one of our biggest concerns

I saw Tay make a few post moves (and some successful)...
    Rip is our unsung hero, game in and game out...
    Delfino? ok...
    Jmax?... most of his games he has made positive contributions.... we'll see if he can bounce back...
    Dice? yeah he's on a roll (from the top of a landfill).
    I'll put some blame on Flip for the lack of inside attempts... if you've got a clear advantage you should make yourself loud and clear.

We usually pull out 8 to 10 ugly games a year... this one made Rosanne Barr look like miss USA.
  12. roscoe36

No comment on Nasty Naz making the All-Star game hunh?

Nazr: I hope I can get tickets to the All-Star Game.

Rasheed: No problem Naz. I will let you do everything Ben did, and you can be IN the game!

Nazr: Alright. I'll get all the rebounds, make all the hustle plays and get all the blocks. That should do it.

Rasheed: Have you ever considered growing an afro?
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

How bout an allstar tag team... The Naz/Taz duo (insert good wrestling nick)... Sheed can supply the Taser
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

More impressive play from our 2-headed Center Nazle Mohavis.

This monstrosity combined for:
    39 minutes
    17 points (on 50%+ shooting)
    14 boards (6 offensive)
    0 assists
    1 steal
    1 block
    2 turns
    5 fouls.

DOUBLE DOUBLE and then some. And the imaginary beast did not foul out.

Refs-
    As long as there is all this complaining from the Nets side, I would like to draw attention to the worst call of the year so far... the charge taken by Carlos Delfino. If he were standing there any longer, he would have been called for a 3-second violation... and it was a fast break. Also, he seemed to freeze up like a board before he got hit by an out of control moron. The JMax call was iffy, but this one was an unprecedented botch job. I want to see Ronnie Nunn analyze this on "you make the call".

And on the final play of the game, Tay got tripped by Mikki Moore. Since Tay was taken out of the play (no call), Sheed had to help out. He may have fouled VC, but then he fell to the ground and Carter elected to back up and shoot a terrible jump shot under the circumstances. He was playing inside all night and suddenly he lost his nerve. It was a shot that he should have made and he just flat out choked.

Chauncey:
    He had a bad game. He also won the game for us by drawing a tough foul and calmly draining the FTs.

It was fun watching a game come down to the wire.

And that is what I mean by throwing Dupree a bone once in a while. Make him feel like he's useful.
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Roscoe, agree that these three have to step it up despite the 5 game winnins streak. No way we should have just stolen a game on our home court in the last 7 seconds vs the Nets >who find ways to lose with their anemic offense....especially with their main interior man Kristic on the shelf. Looks like some players had too much to eat during the holidays and came out in the second half a little to lazy.......:chef2:
  16. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

The game that quickly comes to mind was in Utah, when Okur clearly walked, but but made the shot and got an and one that killed us.
  17. max

max All-Star

No doubt. That was clearly a non-call in that situation. But I am glad the Nets are making a big deal of it because that ref crew should be in the D-league. Especially that short older grey haired ref. He should not be reffing NBA games.

On the game, inside game lack of it or whatever. I agree that game was not exactly a signature game of how you want to play but a win is a win. Take it and get ready for the next game. Would have really sucked if we would have lost that.
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Five in a row. Just 3 losses in like a month of basketball. The Pistons are doing pretty darn good of late. And yet, there are still problems.

Sheed canned 4 triples in the first quarter and we finished the 1st with a 10 point lead. But where is the post play? Sheed ended up with 21 points and player of the game honors, ending up 4-7 from 3 point land and making a few shots from the post as well. Rip scored mostly inside, but had a triple also, to add his 21. Mohammed scored quite a bit, mostly on short jumpers, good game for him, although he got pulled at one point after NJ went into layup drill mode early 3rd quarter. CB did not do a bunch, but he made the 2 free throws at the end to put us up one and we held on to make that lead stick.

Tay was pretty huge in the scoring department. I think the story with Tay is his outside shot getting steadier. Whether it be a pullup from fairly long range or a triple try with someone flying out at him, Tay is simply making more of of his outside shots. Not that he does not go inside plenty too. Tay's increase in scoring this year is very significant, and he just might be getting started.

NJ still had their big 3, and they had a young fella just waiting to get some minutes with Krstic being out, Boone. It was a close game. The lead went back and forth again and again for the last several minutes of the game. And here is a big story, Mohammed played those last four minutes. Thats a first. He had been taken out early in the 3rd so had all kinds of rest. Did ok there.

Delfino had a bad game. A couple of turns. A missed layup. A charging call he wanted but did not get. Still, he contributed some good D for a bit. He did not play in the 4th quarter. Murray did, although Murray certainly did not have a good game either. I still object strongly to Murray being in the game when Maxiell is, because I believe we should go into the post to Maxiell when Maxiell is in the game. Having Murray in there does not help make this happen.

Maxiell had a good moment or two, just before Flip pulled him from the game. Maxiell hit a jumper from just beyound the foul line, made a couple of free throws, and then had a knock-a-way just before he got pulled from the game in the 4th. Still nice to see him get that valuable crunch time experience. (Even though there was 8 minutes to go in the game, this was vs. NJ in the 4th quarter.

Dyess did pretty much nothing. Blalock looked fine, did nothing spectacular, but did not hurt us either. Altogether, our bench was ineffective, and our starters played way too much considering there is a game yet tomorro night.

Of note, they put in Dupree for the last play to hold that 1 point lead. Thats about it. GO PISTONS!!!!!

I forgot to mention Dale Davis. He played most of the 3rd quarter and played solidly. He got a dunk off of one of his 3 offensive rebounds. Looking at the boxscore, I see that the 4 points from JMAX was high for our bench. Our stars ranged from 36 minutes to 42 minutes.
  19. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hope Flip won't return to his ol' bad habits because of the poor bench performance...freep.com writes
  20. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Got the chance to catch the game on the internet but the connection thru out the whole city got screwed up. Can't even log onto the chat. Really sucks. However, I managed to watch the last 3 minutes of the game. Was really surprised that the last Net's play was not called a foul since the refs has been calling fouls pretty much on every play the last 3 minutes. Thru forumite's recaps and the boxscore, CB should do better on the 'asst numbers' if he shot terribly thru out the game. He should have at least 10 assts to make up for the bad shooting nite.

Seems like I'll be able to catch most of the Net's games live on the internet as well as Knick's games. At this moment, the connection is still not at 100%. Hopefully things can get better.

Lucky win. Peace out.