New Jersey Nets December 26th, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by Dlev59, Dec 24, 2006.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Seems like the earthquake in Taiwan (2 earthquakes) has caused the connection to be disrupted at some parts of Asia. It could take weeks before it can be back to 100%. Really sux....
  3. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

random observations and opinions from what I saw (midway through the 2nd on):

maybe the worst thing that happened was sheed going off from the perimeter in the first quarter...because from then on we -- and not just sheed -- seemed to settle for jumpers, as though this was going to be an easy night.

the pistons seem to require a very precise amount of rest and i'm trying to figure out just how much that it is. we've heard endlessly about the starters being worn out. but here they get two nights off and rip is telling the reporter after the game that this affected his jumper. it must be hard to be an NBA player, you know, getting paid millions of dollars to do nothing but be fit and skilled whether you just played the night before or have had several nights off. i don't know about the rest of you, but it would be really hard for me to focus and do my job for only 8 million dollars a year.

i thought nazr looked pretty good, even rotated to draw a legit charge on one defensive play, hit some big buckets. dale also looked good, but the rest of the bench looked pretty lost out there and were certainly ineffective. chauncey too, as everyone has pointed out.

however, it appeared to me toward the end of the game that the pistons realized they needed to play defense and go to the hole more and when they did that, they closed the gap and took the lead (exceptions: cbill just missing a triple try, and rip making one, but they were both good shots I'd say). in this, the team looked remarkably like pistons of the past two seasons: playing to the level of the competition, looking for the path of least resistance until it becomes evident that they actually have to show up.

still, i'd rather them have won this game than lost it, because nj didn't particularly deserve the win either.
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Great re-cap, prof!

Don't you know that it's hard out there for a pimp? Why you gotta hate?:violin:

Besides, I think Rip's salary is more like the 9-10 million range for the next few years. :laugh:
  5. max

max All-Star

I did not even realize where you were clicking in from until your last posts. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

Another good thing about that game. The Nets left pissed off again, its always good to frusterate Kidd and crew.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

After the way CB has outplayed Kidd the last 3 years I think Kidd tried to get some respect back. This is the first time in years Kidds' team has even showed up against Pistons. No excuses.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Just wanted to see this again :detective: