Home New Jersey Nets Friday Feb 10 2012

Discussion in 'February 2012' started by roscoe36, Feb 5, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2012.
  1. Detroit

62.5%
  2. New Jersey

37.5%
  1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

JJ game is looking good again with less fouls and more confidence. I think the combination of him missing a full year and the lack of preseason was a big factor in his poor form. He looked good when everybody else also was suffering from lack of preseason but it took him an extra 10-15 games to get his game together. It might just be the crappiness of the opponents and him staying out of foul trouble but his defense also looks alot better. Frank should probably consider starting him at the 4 again.

It looks like we'll be picking ~10th this year.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey had an amazing few minutes where he was driving and dishing to Monroe. Overall, I thought Stuck was awesome in this game. He's made his way into my top 5 favorite Pistons at this point. Also, Maxiell and Monroe are a pretty decent combo for the time being.

Blaha made a comment "these Pistons seem like they are starting to like who they are" and I think that it was spot on. We may be worse than average, but the team chemistry is decent given our record. Starting to be cohesive in some aspects of the game. Last night, the biggest thing that stood out to me was our defensive quickness, both in terms of guys helping and defenders hands (getting loose balls, snagging tough boards, poking out steals, etc).
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

JJ is much more equipped to defend the 3 than the 4 - offensively there's little difference, but defensively he's severely overmatched inside. He's quicker than he looks and is capable of using his length to defend perimeter players. Look at his player card on 82games.com: http://www.82games.com/1112/11DET8.HTM.

Either way, though, he's a backup, not a starter. He's a great energy guy that will allow Frank to exploit mismatches off the bench, but he's not quite what you want from a starter as far as bringing a consistent game without any major weaknesses.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's breakeven PER as a SF and way negative as a PF. You're right, the stats show that he's having significant trouble stopping bigger players. He's another tweener, which fits Joe's "vision" of having versatile players that can fill in for others at multiple positions. That's why he is destined to be a 6th or 7th man... he doesn't have enough of a specialization to be a Championship team's best option at small forward. Even Tay is arguably more well suited due to his all around game.

But this team is really light at PF and we just started starting Maxiell, so no big deal.