New Jersey Nets vs. Miami Heat - EC Semi-Finals

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 4, 2006.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Just checked the boxscore and saw that Wade and Williams led the Heat with a mighty 3 assists, and nobody else had more than 1. That's some nice team chemistry they have down there. :laugh:
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Lurker, great avatar. Is that a Zollner Pistons' logo? That thing is sweet. I'd love to have a T-shirt with that thing on it. The old logos are great. I like this old Denver Nuggets one, too:

[​IMG]
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I believe the Nets will beat Miami and give us a hard-fought battle. They've eliminated a weak link with Krstic instead of Collins, while their big-game experience and mental toughness are second only to the Pistons in the East. Don't take these guys lightly.
  4. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Yes, it's one of the first Pistons logos. I picked it because it's so dorky. Also, it's important for Pistons fans to remember our roots. It's not every team was named after a guy named Zollner and a piece of machinery.

The prospector in the Nuggets logo might be a little too excited to be running around with a pickaxe.
  5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's absolute justice that the refs are calling Shaq in the first two rounds for bully fouls. Not only is he on the downside, but losing his intangible advantage is a huge plus for opponents.

It's quite amusing for someone like me, that has never been a Shaq fan, to see how frustrated a star gets when a decade of calls stop going their way.
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Shaq looked very unhappy during the game the other night. His frustration caused him to even yell a few harsh words to D Wade of all people.

I think Shaq can feel the championship window being slammed shut, and his huge arms can`t hold it open much longer.

With Jefferson hurt the Heat should still win this series, advancing to play Detroit in the ECF. What better team to slam Shaq`s hand in that championship window. Damn, I bet that`s going to hurt!!!!!
  8. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I am presently watching this Heat/Nets game and Jefferson looks pretty good. Playing carefully and not with usual explosivenss but he looks like he's mending as he plays. Definitely looks better than Rip did in game 2 after his injury and I thought Jefferson's was more serious.

I haven't watched either of these teams much this seaon, so I can't quite say how I think it'll turn out. One thing is for sure. With the Pistons speeding up their offense this season, I've lost my taste for this grueling grind-it out-half court stuff. I can barely stay awake watching this.

It's hard to make a prediction with two mirror image blowouts. I do think it'll go seven games.

But after this yawner, I'm looking forward to the second game tonight.
    We'll see if the Clippers have any success in slowing down Phoenix.

It seems like a long long time until the Pistons play again. Good healing and rest time for Rip's ankle.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

How come they aren't giving the big oaf "the star treatment" any longer? Is it because his skills are diminishing?
  10. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Shaq has never truly been the "monster" that he could/should have been. He has always relyed on his size, strength, and relative quickness to dominate. Not to mention the "soft" competition (at his position) during "his era."

Shaq's problem is that he doesn't like to work out. Especially in the summer. If he had Karl Malone's off-season training regiment, he would truly be a monster. Well, those chickens are coming home to roost.

I love seeing Shaq spanked cause he acts like he's supposed to win just by showing up. I can't blame him cause the refs act like that too. I knew his bark was worse than his bite when an out of shape Charles Barkley whooped his azz.

Having said all that, I hope Miami wins this series. I would love to spank Shaq and that "too big for his britches" D-Wade one more time on the way to the big show.
  11. ggazoo69

I hope NJ wins this one. I think they are a way better matchup for the Pistons. Kidd is slow and easier to guard. Tay can exorcise his Jefferson demons. Vince will be a tough cover but he doesn't play smart anyway, especially down the stretch. NJ has no game in the paint. Miami, on the other hand, would present more problems for Detroit. Better coach and tougher matchups at the 2 and 5. I'm rooting for Jersey. I think Detroit wins either way, but Miami is a tougher series because they have an axe to grind after losing at home to Detroit in a Game 7.
  12. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

I agree with you about Wade. That kid has an ego. I really wanted to like him when he first game into the scene he has such talent on the court but I cannot stand his attitude. He isn't a team player and he seems to only care about himself.

I have been reading some Heat message boards lately and Heat fans even attack their own if they don't agree with the group. I swear 75% of those fans only showed up when the team got Wade.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bump for first post updates (head to head and regular season statistics).
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Clifford Robinson is gone. Drug policy violation.

This will be a big loss and may mean that Miami will advance.
  15. linwood

linwood All-Star

What knucklehead is hassling Uncle Cliffy during the playoffs. I swear, man, some people just hate to see others have a good time.

:mad:
  16. ggazoo69

Since when is Metamucil on the banned substance list?
  17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Any details on this yet? What was the drug? Was it a failed drug test or did he get caught with some substance on his person?

:mad: I find this really upsetting actually. I can't believe these leagues are policing what grown men do with their bodies. I'm kind of a libertarian though. Yeah, yeah, I know it's illegal but I don't agree with that either.

Anyway, if it's for pot I'm really going to be over it. How alcohol is legal and all these other drugs aren't has always blown my mind.

Okay back to basketball. Early in the first quarter of Game 3, Richard Jefferson is looking like he is no longer injured. This is the critical game of the series to me.
  18. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

On the radio today I heard "Uncle Cliffy caught puffin' a blunt"...

absolutely agree with you here aurora
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The Nets were just horrendous in the 4th quarter tonight, with a string of awful turnovers in the last few minutes, plus a lot of dumb fouls. Kristic was disastrously bad throughout the entire game, missing wide open Js all over the place. Their shot selection also stunk down the stretch, that is, when they were able to get across midcourt or complete a simple pass without coughing the ball up. Looked like they might be able to pull it out after a 15-0 run in the third, but they completely collapsed in crunch time.
  20. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I really hate both of these teams with a passion. I hope this series goes to 7 games and is decided in the 10th OT. I can't even decided who I want to win.

I hate Vince Carter. I hate Jason Kidd. I hate Richard Jefferson. I hate Laurence Frank. I hate the Nets.

I hate Shaq Man Boobs O'Neil. I hate Zo. I hate Riley. I hate Walker. I hate Payton. I am really starting to dislike Wade - I especially hate the fact that we picked Darko over him or Bosh. I hate the Heat.