New Jersey Nets vs. Miami Heat - EC Semi-Finals

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 4, 2006.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm for starting the Wade hate club. I'm getting really tired of him sprawled across the floor for minutes at a time soaking in the attention and then popping back up and playing. He's been watching his commercials too much.

Yeah, Sargeant Carter whopped him in the nose, but come on - he wasn't unconscious, and if it really hurt that much how about wandering dazedly towards the bench where someone might help out.

Maybe his team is kind of down on it too since they didn't bother to try and stop the game and choose instead to just play around his crumpled mass on the floor.

2. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

I agree. I don't think New Jersey can win the series without Clifford.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not scared to see Miami in the ECF. The way the refs are calling Shaq planting his elbow and forearm in the defenders chest to pivot/push to the hoop means that Ben should be able to get loads of calls on him.

This is where the experience of a Dale Davis will come in handy, because a veteran can sell and get those calls from the refs. If anything, it benefits the smaller defender because the abuse looks that much more sinister.

The Nets' problem is not Shaq. It's that Jacque Vaughn is the primary guard backup. He's a massive step down from Kidd/Carter.

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Nets: When you're relying on a guy named John Thomas, you're in trouble.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Heat is easier for Pistons.

• Chauncey will have a much easier time gaurding Jason Williams than Jason Kidd, and Chauncey will have an easier time on offense against Williams than Kidd.
    • VC and RJ will be harder to gaurd than Wade and Posey. Sure Wade is a tough cover, but both RJ and VC have size advantages on Tay and Rip, and if we played Miami we would trap Wade until someone else than Shaq can score off his passes.
    • Speaking about Shaq he is tired and fouling out of almost every game. By the time he gets to the ECF if he does he won't even be close to how effective he can be.
    • With Miami's horrible perimeter defense everyone is getting in the paint and it's forcing Shaq to get fouls, and Haslem will not be able to gaurd Sheed. Pistons will be much better off facing the Heat than the Nets.

6. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

I don't hate the Heat at all but I think some of the praise Wade has gotten has gone to his head.

I agree he watches his commercial way to much.

That being said don't think the regular season will matter come playoff time. Shaq isn't playing like Shaq in this series and he didn't in the first series vs Chicago (except for the game that closed the series) so I expect him to come out on fire if he plays us in the ECF.

7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Don`t count on it. I know Ben is DPOY, however, these are the Pistons, the no-respect Pistons. I will guarantee you the Pistons will not get ALL the same calls that NJ is getting.

8. Reve

We get plenty of calls and during the season I would say we got 90% of them against the Heat

9. roscoe36

This is gunna sound crazy, but he was pretty effective as the backup C for Atlanta earlier this year.

10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Nets: When you're relying on a guy who was a backup C for Atlanta, you're in trouble.

;)

11. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Lady Chatterly's Backup. Hahahaha! Yeah, I know nobody gets it. :(

12. Dlev59

This is the second season. Let`s see if we get them now.

13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Stick a fork in the Nets, and with them my chances of winning the playoff bracket pool here, since I had them winning this series in 6. Respecting them that much turned out to be a bad move on my part.

14. Dlev59

True indeed Dumars. Very few people in our playoff brackets took Miami over the Nets, myself being one not convinced of the Nets late regular season surge took the Heat.

I wear a size XXL Roscoe!!!!!!:nod:

15. roscoe36

Jefferson and Carter are the biggest chokers ever.

I can't believe that Snapper Jones mentioned on the telecast that Jason Collins should have been up for defensive player of the year. Hate Walton all you want, but he snuffed out that nonsense pretty quick.

The Nets made a huge mistake going to Lawrence Franks. Whose head rolls? The coach or the GM?

They ain't coming back from this. Thanks Uncle Cliffy.

16. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I dunno. I like my chances big fella. :eyebrows:

17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

And look out for the Heat. They're peaking at the right time. Their 8-man rotation ain't bad. Because of Detroit's Game 3 nonsense, the Heat might be waiting for the Pistons. Again. Good thing Detroit has home court this time. :nod:

18. Dlev59

Good point. The Heat are peaking right now. Antoine Walker (should be on my who I hate list) is playing much better in the playoffs.

If he and Posey show up it could get interesting in the ECF!

19. Reve

I love Walker. Love the wiggle, love the attitude, love the FU if you don't like me I am not changing. Even with the annoying facial expressions he wants to win more then anyone on the court. Those are the types of players I like.

Ben Wallace is one of those. So is Allan Iverson.

A lot of people picked NJ because they known deep down inside that playing against Miami will be a dog fight. It would have been a much easier road against the Nets.

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think the injury riddled Pacers would have given the Heat a run for their money. The Heat's confidence feeds off wins and a 4-1 thrashing of the Nets will give them enough confidence where they will not only believe they can beat the Pistons in their head, but possibly in their bodies too....especially if we let Cavs series stretch out to 6 or 7 games.