Away New Jersey Nets Wednesday Feb 8 2012

Discussion in 'February 2012' started by roscoe36, Feb 5, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2012.
  1. Detroit

46.2%
  2. New Jersey

53.8%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:30 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

We really need Anthony Davis. he put 8 blocks last night. We should lose this game

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Seems like a lot of time between games. Hopefully, this helps.

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The team will probably get in 20% as much practice time this week as they got in the whole preseason.

5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Oh I can't wait for this bad boy

linwood likes this.
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You picked New Jersey? Where is the faith?

7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

It's so weird to root for the Pistons to lose.
    I find myself getting equally excited when our young guys make a solid play as I do when Ben Gordon goes under a screen and loses his man.

This is a strange season and I'm glad that it's only 66 games.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This has to be uncomfortable to play with:

[​IMG]

9. Nemo

Ahhhhhhhh....the ole hair and beard trimmer mask. Really helps at the barber shop.

10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

With Walker D staying on for the rest of the season....and Bynum and Gordon back tonight..I'll be interested to see if WDR gets the call ahead of Bynum.

12. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

If he shaved using that thing, he would look like a civil war general.

13. Nemo

I just looked.........

Pistons have won, raising their record to 7-20.
    We'll be choosing 11th in the draft by the end of this month........:)

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons build a 17 point lead midway through the third qtr and then have to hold on to win by 7. Good defense and smart play down the stretch as the Pistons shut down all the Williams' except Deron who scored 20 of his 34 in the second half hitting on 6 three pointers.

Ben Gordon returned to action hitting 6/7 from the field for 14 pts (he took no 3 ball shots). he basically sent Wilkens to the bench, but he also had 4 TO's....

Moose had another double-double and delivered a moving slam dunk in crunch time to punctuate the victory. I didn't know he had that move in him. The starting backcourt did well and led the way in the dish department as the Pistons probably delivered a season high 29 assists that except for a couple of miss FT's at the end pushed the Pistons just short of the century mark.

JJ was great off the bench and was aggressive enough to get to the line for 6-8 shooting.

With three victories and the Nets and Wizards coming up next, the Pistons have a chance for 5 game win streak. IMO to early to tank...grab a W when you can and when it appears that it is a lost cause and the # 1 pick is in sight, then you can tank...

basketbills likes this.
  15. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Good game overall, but what a boring first quarter. Pistons had an 18 point lead in the third quarter, and of course they let the Nets whittle it down to one off the back of Deron Williams' threes which prompted Frank to get Greg and Brandon back in.

Greg was great. That dunk near the end was a beauty, and it fired his team up. Had his 14th double double of the season with 20 and 12; got called for a wholly undeserved tech at one point - Mr. Kardashian got away with a lot guarding him.

Brandon's first game with the mask - he was relatively quiet, but had a nice play at the very end of the second quarter with an and one. The mask clearly bugs him though, he was taking the thing off every chance he got. Had a big 3 in the fourth to push the lead back up to 6.He surprisingly did not get called for a single foul all game, despite having to guard Deron 90% of the time; good job there.

BG's first game back - and he was same old BG. Shot a very good percentage and seemed to be hitting his shots at exactly the right time to shut the crowd up. Of course, he was also turning it over when he wasn't shooting, but it was a decent game for him.

JJ was very good, and credit to Frank for keeping him in the game in crunch time. He really made a difference with his energy and rebounding, especially late. Got hit in the face in the second quarter (flagrant 1) - lucky for him he won't be the next masked man in the lineup.

Stuck was bad early, missing his first four shots, then came out in the third and hit his first 2, one of which was a 3 off a Greg Monroe pass. He got burned by Morrow/Farmar for a bit there too, and Deron, but Deron burned everybody - from 3 anyway.

Max was fine. Got into it with Mr. Kardashian and one of the Nets' many Williamses.

Walker was ok. That four point play he gave up to Deron was painful and got him pulled quick, but that didn't look like much of a foul, if that. I guess Deron still gets the superstar treatment despite having a truly awful team around him.

Tay - almost forgot about him. He was good too, didn't shoot a good percentage and that missed dunk at the end was funny only because they won anyway, but he was forcing it a bit in the early going, calming down a bit and hitting some wide open shots after. Not the best thing to check the box score and see all four of the guards have at least as many rebounds as your SF though.

3 straight wins now, and they look happy. I realize that it's probably best to lose now and win later in the Anthony Davis sweepstakes, but that'll happen naturally when the schedule beefs up again. For now, I'm just happy to not be a fan of the Charlotte Bobcats.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Road win!

I tuned in just in time to see Monroe's dunk. He pump faked twice outside the circle and then dunked over 2 guys. That's a heck of a move for a center.

Any way we can trade Ben Wallace for Hibbert? I think that the salaries match. Seems like Indiana could use some veteran leadership. Hibbert would be a great sidekick for Monroe.

17. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Genuinely surprised. Not even sure what to expect with this team. I suspect that coaching time will exponentially improve their chemisty

18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Its good for these guys to taste success ...before the endless parade of losses.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Good game by Deron.

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep he help me pull ahead on fantasy points with those 6 threes....glad it didn't hurt the Pistons though....:biggrin: