Away New Orleans Hornets Friday Mar 1 2013

Discussion in 'March 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at New Orleans Hornets

Friday Mar 1 2013 - 8:00 PM EST

New Orleans Arena, New Orleans, LA

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]
    KGREG likes this.
  3. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

NBA Jam! He's on fire!
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I was a HUGE LJ fan before the back injury. I loved this team with Kendall Gill and the guys above
    roscoe36 likes this.
  5. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

LJ will always be a Las Vegas legend. When your city is deprived of professional sports, guys like Stacy Augmon and Larry Johnson are practically immortals.
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

7. MARK MADSEN!

Austin Rivers has to be the lamest guard prospect in the last few years.
    KGREG likes this.
  8. MARK MADSEN!

ITS OKAY GUYS. WE ARE DRAFTING THE NEXT DWYANE WADE. BYE CHAUNCEY BILLUPS. ITS YOUR FAULT THE CELTICS BEAT US.

Eh im not that mad. Next year Stuckey will be getting the BoT treatment, since we are going to need a new one once the current BoT bolts.

We are on our way to a fifth pick. Unfortunately, that probably would be any better than the 9th pick.
    linwood likes this.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons now 2 and 31 when trailing at the end of three....

looks like we could have won this one, but we had no closer to step up in the end.....and they did in Vasquez.
  10. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Well, the big three (Calderon, Knight, and Monroe) pretty much did what they did against Washington again tonight - Monroe with the 27/10 double-double, Calderon with double-digit assists, and Knight chipping in a lot of efficient scoring. These three are meshing well; they're getting out to early leads in games, they're playing their roles, and they make the players around them better. Singler and Maxiell aren't being asked to do too much, so they play the glue guy roles well - Max chips in some boards, Singler scores a bit and hustles down loose balls. It's a balanced offense that isn't amazing on defense, but it's actually a team.

And then the bench started getting rotated in - Stuckey came into the game and pretty much f***ed everything up, Jerebko made a good go at embarrassing himself, Krav did nothing, Bynum stood and watched Stuckey do what he does but much more inefficiently, and CV took some extreme self-pics of him sweating. Pistons lose a close game that would have been a nail-biter if I gave even half a s**t.

Starters play well, bench sucks the life out of the rest of the team: I think that, my fellow Pistons fans, is going to be the team's narrative the rest of the season.
  11. MARK MADSEN!

This roster, indeed, is so far from respectability that I'm not sure its worth batting an eye at, if I am a FA. I cant imagine anybody wanting to come play in the Palace. We are a freaking sieve at SF, and our only chance in hell at Muhammed is him falling to five and the Pistons continuing this tankfest. Part of me think this rosters needs guys like Singler. Just not playing 20 minutes per.

Again, go get Millsap. A Korver type surely would not hurt, but I am a believer in BK7. He can definitely develop into a hell of a finisher.
  12. LA Dre

Pretty much the way I saw it too
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

+1.
    Andre was really the only thing that made that second unit look...not completely embarrassing. Poop Jerebko needs to go back to the end of the bench.
  14. MARK MADSEN!

I'm just really paying attention to the timing of Frank's substitutions. I don't know if he's just really dumb or if he's making statements to the FO. I feel like such a broken record but this team is showing the same thing day in and out, post-Drummond injury.

I also can't get a feel for our roster. We went from logjam at SF to... small ball all the time because we don't have one when it is time to spell Singler.
  15. LA Dre

Time for the return of Magette and then just start Middleton once we are eliminated...
  16. LA Dre

The team shot 50% and had 26 assists and still lost:bs:
  17. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

That's because they suck at defending. And the opposing team shooting like 2x the number of FTs can do that.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Not a bad loss. Brandon Knight has had some VERY impressive games at SG lately, the game where he got injured he was playing awesome, he was a beast against the Wiz and then again tonight, but tonight was special. Eric Gordon (when healthy) is a stud at SG- even if he is a little under sized; after getting his butt handed to him by Gordon in the 1st half Brandon came out and out played Eric Gordon, I was constantly screaming at the TV, "Thatta BOY! Show 'em what'cha GOT!" I was truly, truly happy for the kid. Even the shots he missed from the outside impressed me, just take the shot kid, just take the shot....they'll fall eventually. Moose played well too, Singler was Singler...basically just OK.

THE BENCH SUCKS! JJ is just as awful of a player as BoT, the only difference is that JJ actually works REALLY-REALLY-REALLY hard, but geez, he's really bad. This is one game where I cringed because EVERYTHING screamed Lee. Vazquez looked at Bynum defending with a smirk, he just abused Will on offense. Playing Rodney Stuckey at the SF is just DUMB! If you're going to ask a guy to stand in the corner in scratch himself it may as well be a guy who can SHOOT from that spot! And can actually defend the position.......PLAY MIDDLETON!!!! With that said, Rodney Stuckey should never ever-ever-ever-ever-ever play Point Guard!
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I'll pretty much just agree with most of this, and thats my report for this game. Bynum in no way belonged on the floor. No, we don't need to play JJ, sign someone on a ten day first. Play English and Middleton more. JMAX and Moose, as a duo, can't defend the paint nor clear the defensive glass. At times it seemed like we just gave the other team all the shots they could ever want until the ball went in for them. Wow that sounds so darn familiar now. Coach's solution for next game? Change nothing, yell at the players to try harder, do what they simply can't do. And change nothing. In other words, no effort at all from the coach.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons do not match up well with the Hornets. I thought Vasquez went at Calderon a lot at the end.

Knight has played with a ferocity since he's come back. Like Stuckey, moving off the ball has made him more decisive. I wish he could play like this at the point. He has a good attitude and is not sulking because of the trade.

I love Vasquez game.

The Pistons did their best to make Ryan Anderson look like Larry Johnson tonight. Larry Johnson was the HS Player of the Year, the collegiate POY, NBA Rookie of the Year and 1st Team All-NBA.