New Orleans March 16th, 1:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by Dlev59, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

New Orleans March 16th, 1:00 PM

TV - ABC

Kudos to ABC for picking up this game between the Pistons and this very good NO Hornet team coached by my pick for Coach of the Year, Byron Scott.

The Hornets are coming off two strong wins against the Spurs (100-75) and the LA Lakers (108-98). They are led by their MVP candidate Chris Paul - what did he do in those last two victories you ask? how about a 26.5 point per and 17 ast per game (he had 37-11 in a loss against Houston a few days before). David West is an allstar and Tyson Chandler has become a rebounding and shot blocking fiend.

Let`s hope the Pistons coming off a big win of their own against the Spurs don`t get caught in this "Hornets Nest"!
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's at Det. then Nuggs at Det. then at Cavs. We might sacrifice the Nuggs game as Cavs need our full attention.
    Hornets 9.1 DR. If we try to defense them too much we lose 90 to 88. If we let it flow we win
    105 - 99
  3. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

So who is our best guy to contain Paul? Flip plays AA for 25 minutes and Paul scores 0 points and zero assists. I watched that game yesterday in my dreams. When i woke up, i came back to reality... Flip = no AA
  4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You have to face reality. Flip will never be an AA fan. AA just doesn't score enough. They should trade AA to san antonio, Pop will know how to use him.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

According to 82games, the Hornets are #1 in the league at the PG position while Detroit is #2. They basically take production by the PG minus production by the other team's PG. Assists, rebounds, steals, etc all count toward that production.

They are #4 at the PF position and we are #14 (our weakest position). We have a big advantage at the other 3 positions though.

NBA Team by Position stats
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Billups is going to play 30 minutes against Paul. I'm not sure Dixon can guard him.

Early start today! I'm almost ready! :D
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Neither can Billups, and please, please don`t anyone say AA can..............
  9. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Woo hoo! ABC actually gave us our 3 minutes of coverage again!
  10. roscoe36

11. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Love a good bench win. Jarvis a +25. Stuckey a +24. Max a +24. Jarvis was just out of his mind.

Now just don't go 0-for-8 in the next one Arvis.

It looks like the rotations are going to be completed jacked from here on out. Against SanAn, Max played 4 minutes. Tonight he plays almost 30, and Theo plays 4. Amir's 2nd straight DNP (3 minutes of Garbage Time does not count). The one good thing about the rotations tonight was that Dixon didn't play any real minutes.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep I told my wife the same thing .pre-game....12 mins of rockeys cov, 10 mins of hornets, 5 mins lakers and 3 mins for the Pistons...

Did you notice the pre game opening promo t-mac leads rockets, Cpaul leads Hornets, Kobe leads lakers, and there is a team in Detroit:)
  13. LA Dre

We better not hear anybody crying as to why AJ or AA only played in garbage time. Those numbers from Stuck, Max and Jayes was enough today. Jayes will probably take the Nuggets game off to soak his arms, but hope he is ready for the Cavs
  14. roscoe36

Great game! I'll have the JMax block on Chandler ready as soon as I can!
  15. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You know who else will need to soak his arm after this game? The guys playing their violins for Paul all game long. This apparently is sacrilege, [STRIKE]but I've never been that impressed by him.[/STRIKE] I mean, incredible performance by the first [STRIKE]man[/STRIKE] warrior to ever play with a turned ankle in NBA history. I don't know if there is a Nobel Prize category for this, but after today there should be. Why not go the distance ABC and have a giant arrow hovering over his head followed by the phrase INJURED ANKLE? Why not overdub all of Flip's comments in the wired segment so he says things like, 'We sure are lucky he hurt his ankle the other night. I don't think it matters what we run, let's just pray it stays hurt on 3.'

Watching DET try to feed the post is pretty aggravating. I think an old lady might pick off a few of Rip's attempts.

If DET moves the ball Hayes is so much more effective. Despite tying his career high in points, he still couldn't keep Tay off he floor.

Blaming DET's poor start on energy is BS. For all the talk about the multiple options that their offense provides, what they ran to open the game gave them one option to shoot and left the other 4 standing there.
  17. LA Dre

Great block that charged up the energy of the Pistons which was already starting to take over....

I see Max has his own YouTube directory of videos.
  18. roscoe36

19. max

max All-Star

I missed the game and hoping for some observations?
  20. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Here's the torrent of the game in widescreen HD about 803 mb, please leave the torrent opens once you're done downloading...thank you

* Link removed *