New Pistons Motto

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, May 23, 2006.

?

The New Pistons Motto

Poll closed May 26, 2006.
  1. Finding ways to lose

3.7%
  2. Looking for desire

14.8%
  3. Too good to play hard

11.1%
  4. Play the wrong way

11.1%
  5. Waiting for Godot

3.7%
  6. Fat and Happy

3.7%
  7. Goin to Hell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Looking for Darko

7.4%
  9. Living on a jumpshot

33.3%
  10. If it ain't rough, we don't care

25.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Waiting for Darkot... by Beckett357.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Could it be that the talent really isn't much better than several playoff teams?... could it be that were losing games because the other team matches the overall skills?
    I think the team has been relying more on experience and cohesiveness and less on ability...
    As other teams work through new players and systems they start catching up around playoff time.
    Toss in a bench that often loses the battles and you have parity.
    Maybe we just ain't all that.
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

We need passion. Someone who will lead from the front not push from behind.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mondo multi-quote post to end all posts!

Thanks for the laugh. I spit my drink all over the place. Great stuff.

My Toronto-slappy pal and I chat daily about the Stones in the playoffs. He put it so succinctly. They aren't the best 5 players, they are the best 5 players when they play together. Since they aren't, they are merely the sum of their parts.

You would think, with all of the experience of winning (and losing) this team has had, that these BASIC lessons would not be forgotten. Disregarded? Perhaps.

Google is your friend. :P

I'm unimpressed with Flip not imposing his will. I'm fine with the offense, the guys got many open looks last night, they simply could not convert.

Re: the offense. The players are supposed to be able to coach themselves. Some folks were claiming prior to the season that any coach could win a championship with this team and it was all LBs fault that they came up short.

Something that Zeke would do after a bad shooting game, is spend the entire night shooting in his gym (he had one built in his house). He wouldn't sleep. I wonder if ANYONE on this squad takes their shooting woes so passionately.

Because it supports the bench argument. And only a small handful of us will do the research to debunk it. If fatigue is a factor, then we are screwed. There is a minimum of 8 games to go to a title.

It's BS. They couldn't have played with less energy even if they had to travel for Game 1.

And he could have been the guy we saw dribbling the ball off his foot and bricking jays during the year. It's a double edged sword.

I don't think it is ridiculous. I think they want to do it, but won't play with reckless abandon and hustle until it is in doubt. Eventually, that catches up to a team.

It's funny because Joe always pays lip service to the fact that a team has to re-load on desire in the offseason.

The Bad Boys never did. When they finally did an overhaul in '92 they brought in the wrong personalities (Woolridge).

Since the Sheed trade and Dice signing, Joe's been building scared. Mo Evans, Tony Delk, holding onto Bedford/Darko too long (like McCloskey).

Even the trade for Cato is more a move for the future, than a win now type strategy.

No matter how this shakes out, it should be a very interesting offseason both in what is and is not done.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You got it Mr. Slip. Less talk, more rock!