Home New York Knicks Monday, March 03, 2014

Discussion in 'March 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

basketbills likes this.
  2. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Andre is the franchise, no doubt. Get rid of everyone from the losing years little by little and build a team and a new culture around him.

Phil thinks the Piston prospects are still good long term and he specifically mentioned Andre. And yes, as I mentioned after Gores let Cheeks, go that Gores undoubtedly had a small group of basketball advisors (probably based in LA) apart from Dumars. Phil pretty much admitted to fairly close contact with Gores.

The Pistons found some guards that they could out shoot--at least for this game.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Lots of fun to watch this win. Drummond matched the Pistons record for double doubles, tying Laims and Hill at 44. And he did it most impressively with 17 points and 26 rebounds. Not to mention 3 blocks.

Other Piston starters competed well also. Jennings just missed a double double with 11 assists and 9 points. Monroe just missed one too. Smith did wonders keeping a very hot Anthony to mortal standards while contributing 15/6 himself.

Our bench did quite well. Mostly Stuckey and Bynum who combined for 32 points. But JJ gave us fine minutes, battling especially well as the small forward in the 2nd half for a bit.

Indeed, all Pistons who played were plus for the game, except Singler. Singler did hit 2 threes, but hey, when your team has to practice zoning just to let you play, how much are you really contributing toward wins?

NY, despite losing everything in site for the past month, was all healthy, and seemed to want to win this game. They started Stoudemire, who at times looked many years younger, and scored over 20 on us. But he and Melo were the beginning, middle, and end of the NY offense. Not enough.

Beating a team that everyone else is beating is par for the course, do not get too far off the ground for doing what you are suppose to do. Listening to the Pistons after the game, it seems some think they actually accomplished something tonight. They stayed in the playoff hunt. They took care of business at home vs. a team that is doing very, very poorly of late. They should at least beat Chicago Wednesday before they begin to believe even for a moment that their wins validate in any way what they are doing on the floor.

One individual battle of note in this one. Chandler was averaging 17 bounds over the last several games. He got 18 tonight. But Andre won that battle with his 26. PS, he only missed 51 seconds of the game. That coaching varies quite a bit from Cheeks, who I doubt sincerely would do that.

Drummond was looking good at the line tonight, and twice in a row, he took the ball from the low post in a blink of an eye and reversed. I think he fell down both times, but they both looked great and both went in. And on the first one, he even made the and one. That 3 point play gave him the double double.

Drums goes way way up for his bounds. Far up where simply nobody else is. Very very very impressive.

Game flow. We started out behind by quite a bit. We almost tied it late 2nd, with Singler off the floor.

In the 2nd half, we opened up well and got a bit of a lead. We put the game away with Singler off the floor in the 4th. Singler did not play in the 4th until the last few minutes with the game pretty much iced.

Bynum had a particularly good game, in part, because the NY guards were in total slump mode. Anyway, Bynum was often seen digging the ball out of a scrum, and he scored all 16 points in the 2nd half, and everyone counted toward getting this win save maybe the few at the very end from the line as NY was fouling to delay the inevitable. His biggest scoring sequence, consecutive 3's in transition when they failed to match up with him.
    The Panda, brofmfa and LA Dre like this.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

These lottery busting wins are a lot easier to take with Drummond leading the way than they were with Austin Daye and Chuckie G doing so.

As disheartening as this season has been I generally really like all the players on this team.

Monroe was really fighting for rebounds and being physical.

This was the best I've ever seen Drummond move his feet and use his body defending pick and rolls. I thought I was going to have a seizure watching him in the 3rd Q. I was ready for anything.

It was awesome seeing him blow kisses to the crowd from the bench in the 4th.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Mentions:
    Moyer: 0
    Pope: 0
    Stuckey: 1
    Jennings: 1
    Smith: 1
    Monroe: 1
    Jerebko: 1
    Bynum: 3
    Drummond: 4
    Singler: 5

I didn't see the game, but Singler appears to be trending.
  6. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Wow. Just wow. Insane.

Drummond is getting the 5 year max and there is no reason why he shouldn't.
    del likes this.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

[​IMG]
    Woody likes this.
  8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't know what it was about Monroe in this game, but he was freaking invisible! Aside from a dunk, (which caught me off guard), he fumbled numerous nice passes from Josh and Jennings, and really was non existent other than those mishaps.

Do not pay that man over 9 million dollars, please no.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

He was definitely the Debbie Downer/wet blanket to the And1 mix-tape auditions they were holding.
  10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Pretty impressive considering the Knicks don't even have their 1st rounder in this years draft.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was if he was told to tank and everyone else was told its the Knicks... go out and win it..
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Since he barely missed a double double, it seems he only half heartily tried to tank.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was that first half.....somebody pulled him as side at halftime and said."Look man, get a hold yourself and get with the plan...we can beat these guys...after all, it's the Bricks Knicks"