1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Away New York Knicks Tuesday Jan 31 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2012.
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. New York

75.0%
  1. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Prince will start lining up the fade away 3s.

We will get 60 for sure.

2. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Well, they have struggled in third quarters before, and then early this year it was the Fourth Quarter Collapse, now it's more like a Full Game Struggle. They're just playing terribly outside of Monroe. Just saw Tay's 5 of 13 - Monroe is 6 of 11. Wow. That's the problem right there. Veteran leadership! :shout:

Austin Daye commits the dumbest fouls ever. And why is Amare still in there? Ugh.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You know, if we could just eliminate the beginning, ending, and middle to quarters, the Pistons would keep these games a lot closer.

4. The Panda

Here comes the 2 minute comeback drive

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Human White Flag...Vernon Macklin comes in for his GT stint.....with six minutes and some change left...he will probably outscore both Ben and Wilkens.

6. The Panda

A 24 point differential. I wonder if they can blow us out to 30 points?

7. The Panda

Look at Jonas gunning it. 10 points. 2 Rebounds. 1 TO. 100% shooting. 3 PF.

All in 11 minutes :O

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The more Daye plays, the worse he looks. If he spots up and shoots, he is doing his thing. If tries anything else (dribble, pass, play defense, etc.), he is out of his comfort zone.

9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

When they were relatively competitive in the first quarter, I was hoping we'd at least be able to compete - and then the Knicks get the lead up to 10, 12, 20 by the third and the blowout is in. The offense looks an awful lot like it did last year, except Monroe actually gets the ball every once in a while when Tay's not exerting his "leadership" on the ball.

Greg continues to be solid. He's the best player on this team and shoots the best percentage, but they just don't go to him as often as they should.

Brandon's shot is still off. Got a lucky bounce on a 3 that went in, but he's just not playing with as much energy or aggression. He defers to Tay and Stuck way too much. He looked like he's getting his legs back a little bit; the extra blowout-induced rest should help. His turnover problem is back as well. The guy looks so incredibly frustrated out there.

Taysolayshaun, Isotayshaun, Isolayshaun - whatever you might call it, it's Tay's favorite play. He never fails to pull his signature pump fake or his signature palm the ball for 5 seconds and then shoot a hook shot play. I wish they'd stop running that play.

Stuck still has a tendency to hog the ball. He did shoot a decent percentage though.

Vernon needs to play.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

At least we're seeing some growth from our newbies and stability from our veter.........oh, forget it.

11. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Great quote.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. LA Dre

Another game loss by uninspired play, no hustle and the inability to find the bottom of the rim when it counted and to many turnovers by the road team. Also a bad end to the half that carried over into the 3rd where they only scored 12 points.

Both teams entered the game winners of one out of their last 9, so how does one team beat the other by 27?? Because no bad how the Knicks have looked recently, they had some ballers on the team, and we have...well a few that are trying to ballers and the rest that are out there because we have to play five on the floor.

The Knick fans can celebrate tonight and then will probably lose their next three and the fans will be on them again after the Superbowl is over...

I was listening the first half on the radio in the car, and listening the Knick announcers who were upset with the NY defense because the Pistons were hanging around trailing only by 6.....(they got it down to four and then Knicks stretched to 12 before the half ended.)

Watched the second half on the tube, and as usual Blaha and Kelser were calm still hoping in the 4th with the Pistons down 20 that they could possibly pull it out.

linwood likes this.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I wonder if teams just enjoy stomping on the Pistons now that they're down.
    or maybe its considered bad form to lose to such an awful team.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

0 assists and 6 turnovers for Monroe

Tayshaun was -27 in 27 minutes on the floor.

Ben Wallace had yet another scoreless game as a starter.

Knight with 1 assist and 3 turnovers as a starter

4 out of 5 of our starters got their shots blocked.

We committed 20 turnovers.

Jerebko only played 15 minutes and led the team in scoring. That's really strange.

After 2 really entertaining games, we've had to endure a series of unwatchable duds where we get destroyed from the get go.

15. LA Dre

The NY announcers clearly said that the Pistons are a BAD team, and there was no excsue for the Knicks allow them to hang that close. (despite them losing all of those games games in the past week themselves.......) Even the guys on Sports Center said earlier in the day " that the Knicks should be able to get back on the winning track facing the lowly Pistons tonight".

I am sure that Avery Johnson is looking for a victory tomorrow over the pistons after losing to the Pacers tonight.

16. LA Dre

....What's even stranger is that 13 of JJ's 15 points were scored in the last 7 minutes of the game.(GT)....when it was already over.

Talking about getting hot too late???? He hit one 3, three buckets and hit four free throws during that time frame...

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Every time I hear the NY announcers on league pass I realize how good they are. They know the competition and appreciate them. They make interesting unbiased observations. They are objective about their own players and don't actively root for them. It's more like watching a nationally televised game.

18. LA Dre

The on air TV NY broadcasters are Clyde Frazier and Mike Breen, who does some national broadcasts for ABC/ESPN. But two I heard on my XM radio in the car were Spiro Dedis and John Andriess and they definitely were homers....

19. baller

baller First Round Draft Pick

I have not had the possibility to see any games lately so I have to ask - What the (!) is up with coach and Jerebko? Is there an injury? There is not a lot of minutes the last past games.

20. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Austin Daye. And JJ is a little foul prone.

The team hasn't looked half as active as they were in those two games against Miami/Atlanta. I'm sure some of it is fatigue, but they looked like strangers out there. No one seemed to have any chemistry with anybody, despite clearly having some in the two good games against the Heat and Hawks.