Next Season moves

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DeetroitDynasty-e, Aug 31, 2007.

1. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Brand is a great add....

Injured history - Check
    Not much success in playoffs - Check
    Probably has something to prove - Check
    Big man with defensive mindset - Check
    Post play - Check

Sounds like Piston material to me.

Then again, I'd check him out before Okafor,Wallace trades but I'm fine with either.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:
  3. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Emeka and Biedrins aren't going anywhere. DeSagana is a career 2 and 4 player.

The best available, for the money, 5 out there is Darko. 11 and 10 36mpg stats. Memphis looking to shift to small ball so they can run Phoenix' offense. We could get him for a steal.

Don't laugh, only 22, still improving, has a good relationship with all the players, and is a true 5; something this team doesn't have.

Trade Sheed for a good pick that can be groomed, a la Stuckey. Have a starting lineup of CB, Rip, Tay, Dice, and Darko. Stuckey, JMax, and Amir play major minutes off the bench. Stuckey pushes CB and Rip. Amir pushes Tay and Dice, JMax pushes Dice and Darko. No more complacency.
  4. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

I'm going to stop all this BS and let Dumars decide.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

:pound::tape: Seriously, don't you think Joe has taken enough crap for drafting him in the first place? Do you honestly think he would bring him back?
  6. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

Sheed for Darko and Mike Miller works on trade machine... Memphis seems to be in constant need/want of cap relief and Sheed's expiring contract fits that mold. Darko and Miller have two more years on their deals.
  7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Joe likes to bring back players, good or bad; Lindsey, Super Dupe, Theo, he tried with G Hill.

Besides, call it the redemption tour, Darko on the upswing just as DWade and Carmello are going down. JD looks like a genius. And, only 2 years left on his contract, a relatively cheap bet. Half the risk of signing some FA to a five year deal (see Nazr). Throw in Mike Miller, and you've got a scoring machine as a backup 2/3.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:
  9. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

16mile, I wanted to put Darko on the list along with the others, I really did, but did not have the flak jacket ready. A practical solution yes, but on first thought it would not make sense bringing back Joe's biggest draft gaffe.

Or would it????

Thinking it through a bit more, it would be a steal! We dumped him on the Magic, got the pick that was used to draft Stuckey in return (that maybe allows us to get something good in return for Billups who has/is reached the end of his peak, either this year or next), and get Darko back on a short term risk-free contract. With Mike Miller thrown in to boot. Its not like we could not do with his outside shooting, or his decent trade value for another draft pick/player.

Absolutely brilliant! That has Joe's fingerprints all over it.

OK Smooth. I'll stop the BS now and wait for Joe to get it done.
  10. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

bringbackDARKO.com!!! Registering the domain name now.
  11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I agree 100 per cent.
  12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I've never called a sports talk radio show ...until yesterday.

I've been spending a lot of time in Houston lately for work and while driving yesterday, I heard a radio host on the ESPN station here talking about a "strong rumor from a reliable source" that said the Pistons and Rockets have been in contact with each other regarding a deal involving Sheed and either Rip OR Chauncey for T-Mac. This conversation went on for about an hour and finally I felt compelled to call the show.

This host (Karl Dukes is his name) went on and on about how he didn't want his hometown Rockets to do that deal. When I got on the radio with this guy, I basically said as a Pistons fan, I didn't want this deal to go down either. We had a pretty heated argument about this (which I totally won based on the response from other callers and comments from Dukes' sidekick) and he was totally surprised that a Pistons fan wouldn't want McGrady.

I kept asking the dude to reveal his source or at least tell his listeners where they might be able to read more about this issue and he totally blew this off. Needless to say, I was pretty glad to cruise around the web today and find NOTHING about a Pistons/Rockets trade.

T-Mac? ...NO effin' WAY!!!
  13. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

The only question becomes has Darko matured enough to come back and be productive? He was pretty adamant about how much he hated his time in Detroit. Can he emotionally tie those feelings to the ex-coach and not the franchise?

Interesting idea that I would have to think about. I think the city could forgive him but that would only be if he is productive. He would be under the "New York Style" microscope for that first year.
  14. basketbills

T-Mac wouldn't fit with the Pistons...or would he? Maybe with the right coach?

15. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Darko coming back....guess that would validate that jersey I had made in '04 with #31.

The good....all you guys mentioned it. He's getting a second chance.

The bad....He's gonna be competing against probably a draft pick for time behind Dyess, JMax and Amir.

HVC again anyone?

:)
  16. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i agree with your post. i think getting darko back would be the one of those trades that would make joe look like a genius. it would be like we got stuckey in return for letting memphis develop darko a bit. darko's contract is also cheap and trade friendly if things don't work out.

i think people don't understand how good darko is since he's always played in the shadow of pretty good big men. then he played in memphis which is a small losing market so not many national games. in detroit it would be his opportunity to be the # 1 big man. darko anchored memphis defense and he made that terrible defensive team look pretty decent defensively when he was out there. i think darko would be great in detroit because he would be surrounded by great defenders. look at how good ben wallace looked on the pistons. people forget he led the league in blocks during the preseason his final year as a piston. darko can flat out defend kg, j oneal, shaq, duncan, jefferson, yao, gasol one on one. darko boxes out like no other so we won't have any perkins situations either.

honestly. i would bring fino back too because he defended lebron, jefferson and pierce pretty good when he was here. he defends the guys that tay can't.
  17. basketbills

I agree 100 percent.
  18. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Are you serious?
  19. basketbills

No. ........
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Awesome man!

One of the keys to the Pistons run of 6 ECF is health. Part of it is Kanders magic mango extract but a lot of it is the make up of the team. T-mac...Crash...thats a lot of injury risk with those guys.