1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Next Season's Roster After The Summer of Lebron

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by tads, May 8, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mike James was big into boxing. Maybe that is what Stuckey is shooting for (pun intended).

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

But that's my issue with Stuckey in terms of his conditioning. I think this kid is putting in all the necessary time, but I don't think he's working with the right team of people. I think (because I have no way of actually knowing) they have him on a bad regimen. He's working out in Seattle, a hotbed for highschools hoops, but I haven't heard of any pro athlete in any sport trekking to Sea for off season training. I think if Stuckey went to Chi and worked out with Tim Grover, it would make a huge difference in his game.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe we need a center who can shoot 3's in order to clear some space in the paint for Stuck.

I was watching the Celtics/ Lakers game the other night and saw the beauty of Sheed just standing out there and his counterpart having to leave the paint to keep an eye on him.

4. Brap

Brap Starter

I like this article. Kander is a gem. One of the things I like is that Stuckey is "looking dramatically leaner."

PISTONS: Grunt Work

quite a few people commented last season that Stuckey seemed to not be in the best condition.

It also sounds like CV is really working hard this summer.

It's pretty fascinating about how Kander goes about his job, and the precision and science he brings to it. It's also interesting how last summer, the Piston's players didn't take enough advantage of working with Arnie.

5. Brap

Brap Starter

How come none of you guys ever post about "reflex science" or about how the guys can improve their lateral quickness? :)

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lee could write a dissertation on lateral quickness by now.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If Arnie can make CV's run look more fluid as opossed to the old man diaper run he exhibits now, then dude really is a freak of science.

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I like the fact that a lot of the key players are back in Detroit working out. I like the commitment. Even if it doesn't amount to any difference next year, it's good to have the right attitude. With commitment comes a sense of ownership.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Just think how much Dumars would have paid for CV if his stride mechanics would have been better!

10. Brap

Brap Starter

Someone at the Chicago pre-draft camp has gotta figure out a way to measure reflex-learnability, stride-fluidness and stuff like that.

Truthfully though, I suspect Kandor is the best on the planet at what he does, and everyone else is a pauper/pretender in this arena.

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You're just baiting TaShawn aren't you? :pound: :stirthepot:

12. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

This is one of the good things about them not tanking at the end of the season. The players left for the summer thinking about winning, and not waiting for some savior from kentucky. It will lead to a whole different culture in the summer league when our new rookies play, and then lead to a totally different camp in the fall.

With the sense of ownership and commitment going into next year, I'm ok if we don't end up with cousins next week. (Unless we draft Whiteside, then I'm holding Jordan Dumars hostage)

13. Brap

Brap Starter

The keys to this team are the young guys already on the roster. Is there a Paul Pierce on this team - a guy who can raise his game and stay intense? Stuckey, Bynum, Gordon, Daye, JJ, Summers -- maybe CV, but I'm really not sold on him, but am not willing to just give up on him either -- those are the guys who have the capacity to step up an be real players in this league. We need one or two of them to step up and become stars.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would say that even if you included all mustachiod male masseuses from beyond Earth, he's still the best.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Gordon, maybe.....and that's a BIG maybe. In the playoffs you need a guy or guys that (a) Draws help defense, allowing them to make plays for others and (b) can make tough shots with a hand in their face.

Gordon can do the latter, and when he gets it going might draw help, but his playmaking leaves a lot to be desired.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You're not sold on CV, how come?

17. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

As long as Ben Gordon and Rip are still on this roster, expectations are lowered.

18. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Fixed.

19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

But not on leadership.

20. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

"The beauty of Sheed"
    That is a freakin beautiful thing to say.......