Next Years NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Abe Froemen, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

It is a little early for this topic but watching mike and mike in the morning with greeny talking about how the jets need bush got me thinking.

As bad as the Lions are they are not in the running for bush or Leinart race so who do the lowly lions pick up? Young will probably be off the board as well by the time we draft. Do the lions go for offensive linemen through the draft or do they pick them up through free agency. I don’t remember what pick Millen gave up (our 2nd or 3rd pick this year) but can we trade up for young or would we just kill the future of another QB by taking him.

I think our defense is still good they just don’t have any help from the O so imo do we focus on getting the oline better and stay on the offensive side of the ball yet again or do we try to make a move to bolster our d to really be able to shut a team down?

The lions took a lot of heat for not drafting more for defense but come on they have scored more points caused tons of fumbles do we really need to focus on drafting for d?
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

FS, LB, OL in any order you want
  3. Abe Froemen

so no qb

Joey has gotten his run and it is almost over and jeff well I dont see the lions resigning him just for the hell of it and I bet orlovsky is a great kid I wish him well but do we want to hand over the reigns to him? If we could Draft another QB shouldnt we wouldnt young be a great wepon for our o to have he can throw he can run isnt that what a west coast qb is suppose to do? I agree we need help big time for the oline but fs lb rather than a new QB wouldnt those patches be better used somewhere else on a bigger hole? Just my opinion heck I thought the lions would go 11-5 now I hope we can finish .500
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Let's see if Macho Mariachi is fired before worrying about the draft. The next coach might have a different scheme and demand a different skill set than the RainMooch.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Brady Quinn is just a junior, right? I hope he leaves early.
  6. Abe Froemen

quinn

just one problem with that weis isnt included when drafting him
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Too bad we can't draft coaches :ohwell:

Charlie could make a fortune here...AND be productive
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Abe any QB would love to come here. I think we'll see Jeffy light it up a little before the season is over. As for that hole-----Kyle Orton- ROY.
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

I really don't think any QB would love to come here.

1) The Lions have a very long and ugly history of destroying promising young QB's.

2) While the receiving draft class of the last 3 years looks good on paper, its proven to be nothing short of disappointing. While you could point fingers at the O-line and Joey deficiencies, there have been a number of interceptions this year that could easily have been prevented by any receiver with his head in the game. I get pissed every time I see the FSN commercial with Roy Williams standing there in jersey, grinning from ear-to-ear. CRogers has made his game plan well known. MWilliams...who the hell knows what he's about...based on his lack of on-field appearances, he hasn't even been able to impress Mooch in practice.

Unlikely JG will be here next year, so his performance the rest of this year is pretty irrevelant. The Lions will probably squeak out 2 more wins this season...so what?...it's all a moot (read: mooch) point right now.

How ironic: I just saw Warren Moon on FSN predicting the Lions would beat the Falcons tomorrow!

The Lions need a really big kick in the ass right now! I'm so pissed that I'm going on record as saying the Lions should get hold of TO when the Eagles release him. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10087982/ Get the $10M back from Mister Rogers and get it done.
  10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As much as it pains me to say, a part of me hopes we don't win another game this season. This year is lost, I'm looking at getting as high a draft pick as possible.

Of course, thats only a part of me. The majority of me still wants us to do well, finally get the offence going and string some W's together to end the season on a high note (and maybe even squeek into a highly improbable playoff appearance).
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dett, any QB that LOVES to play should come here. All he has to do is beat out Joel.
    Mooch to Millen: Hey this new kid is out playing Joel.
    Millen: You leave me and Fords boy in there. He just needs a couple more games of ex. And go and get another haircut you look like a hippie.
    I thought of the CRog for T.O. thing. T.O. is too smart. He knows how weak Moochs O game is.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

Re QB: ...and fear for his life in his dropback in knowledge of the porous O-line, frequent blitz, and receivers that couldn't shake their grandma

Re Mooch & Millen: they're both WCF butt boys

Re TO: as far as I know...he's being released...meaning no trade necessary. Maybe TO could give CRog & RoyW some self-respect. And it's not like TO respects his coaches anyway...he just wants the ball!
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah, he needs to love to scramble. This is the prefect team for a Fran Tarkington.