1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Nik (not a typo) Caner-Medley

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, Jul 12, 2006.

1. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Rewatched the Knicks game, two things stuck out, JMax was tired, probably not used to back to backs, understandible, which probably hurt his game and the rest of the team.

Two, NCM, did not play much, even in a blow out, but still looked good. Are the Pistons sandbagging him? Considering how well David Lee looked in his second year, and you have to think Nik is a David Lee clone, Joe has to be interested.

Read this quote on him:
    Named to the All-ACC team two years in a row and being named team MVP after his senior season clearly show Caner-Medley's college career was not too shabby. It is easy to spot Caner-Medley on the floor because he is left-handed, plays extremely hard, slashes fearlessly to the basket and aggressively shoots jumpers with defenders on him. Caner-Medley led Maryland in scoring the last two seasons, scoring 16 points per game his junior season and 15.3 per game his senior season.

Sounds like the type of guy we need, you can never have too many 6'8" guys that can play the 3 or 4. McCosky seems to think there will be a bidding war for him to get him into summer camp. Anyone know anything about this kid? And how much would he cost to sign as an undrafted free agent? Cant be more than a mil a year, nothing our biannual can handle (correct me if I'm wrong).

And if we do, what's the 15 man roster? My guess:
    1-5 CB, Rip, Tay, Sheed, Nazr
    6-10 Hunter, Acker, Delfino, Amir, Davis
    11-15 JMax, Cleaves, Nik, Blalock, Name your scrub

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I can't remember where I read it, but I remember seeing somewhere that Joe D. was hoping he wouldn't show too much in the SL so that he could hide him from other teams.

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I mentioned it on one of the summer league threads that Medley can play. I have watched him throughout his college career at Univ. of Maryland, the guy can ball.

He is agressive and can hnadle the ball for a 6-8 guy pretty well. I predict he will catch on with an NBA team. However, if it`s the Pistons, he probably won`t play.

He grew up in the ACC, and he held his own. I like him.

4. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Love Nik Caner-Medley. Since University of MD is my Alma Mater, I have tried to watch/attend all of the games.

Not only is he a great athlete, but also just a very compassionate and dedicated human being. Participates in kid's camps throughout MD-DC-VA. The guy is tough hardnosed kid from Maine, one of my Univ Alums told me he played on Rucker League in Harlem and held his own.

He is truly a community favorite. Definitely possesses Pistons DNA.

5. pistonsfan

pistonsfan First Round Draft Pick

16 Mile,

Where is Mcdyess on your 15 man roster?

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Can he hit from outside?
    Handles 1-10?

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There are many people that think McDyess will be starting next season.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't. We need some firepower off the bench. In the 4th quarter I see Dice starting with Sheed though.:)

9. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

oops, Dice starts, Nazr off the bench, Davis back to sitting and collecting, Cleaves out of the 15