No Place Like Home

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Nov 20, 2008.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I found this little Nugget of information. Cleveland is trying to pull a fast one.

Good reading...... From Hoopsworld

A Cavaliers Coup?
    It appears the Cleveland Cavaliers are trying to live up to their namesakes today, trying to not only improve their own team but also sabotage a key division rival.

A Cavalier can be a gentleman who rides horses, but can also be somewhat of a pirate. Thanks to Johnny Depp everyone pretty much knows that pirates love their plunder, and in this case Antonio McDyess may be the ultimate booty.

According to various reports, the Cavaliers have offered free agent McDyess a contract starting at $5 million per season to come over to their side. The multi-year deal would forego the need to participate in free agency, which can be difficult for an older player.

The comment from McDyess' camp has been and continues to be that Antonio wants to go back to the pistons which is like a family to him. This new offer from the Cavs will certainly test the theory that family is the tie that binds

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Davidson seems to like good people. They must have something worked out with Dyess already. He's being too loyal with his comments and has been really careful to not lead any other teams on. Of course he has to make it look like he's considering all options, but it doesn't seem like he is really considering them. His agent may be trying to persuade him differently, but it's probably falling on deaf ears.

3. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Is McDyess considered an unrestricted free agent as he waits out the 30-day period? Is he allowed to have any direct contact with the Pistons?

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think we can talk to him. He just can't sign with us right now. If Dice goes to the Cavs i will be forced to hate him or at least dislike him strongly :pout:

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I cannot hate him as he was the voice of reason on many sad nights.
    I would wish him well, and even root for his good play.

6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Dyess has always played a good end-game.

7. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

So far as i know, the Piston organisation is not allowed to talk to Dice untill the 30 days are over. Ofcourse his teammembers are and they probably will send the msg coming from Joe, lol.

8. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

How many years will he get? :ohwell: More then likely 2 for 2010.