Non-Pistons Who Might Have Pistons DNA

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by aurora, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I took Darko's lack of scoring as a GOOD THING because he wasn't trying to "just get his", he tried to play within the offense of the team and you could see he was trying very hard (sometimes too hard) to do all the things that were asked of him (picks, screens, ball reversals).

Does anyone remember the comment that Delfino made stating that "you have to be selfish" to get PT for the Pistons? He was referring to guys like Delk and Mo Evans that jacked up the first shot they saw instead of working for the BEST SHOTS in the offense. (or at least that's what I read into it). Carlos was making the observation that guys like he and Darko couldn't succeed here without that "greediness" to their games. They needed to want to take over the games and not just play good solid team ball. Both Delfino and Darko are both TEAM FIRST GUYS, they make the pass before taking a bad shot. Neither of them succeeded under Flip so far. I'm guessing that Delfino's words have been pretty prophetic so far.

As far as PASSION, Darko doesn't seem to have any issues with that SINCE HE HAS GOTTEN A CHANCE TO PLAY IN ORLANDO AND FOR HIS HOME COUNTRY TEAM.

Darko just wanted to play and be part of the team, is that too much to ask after 2+ years of sitting on the bench? I think the Pistons did a major disservice to a kid they had high hopes for.

2. mire

mire Second Round Draft Pick

great post jack

3. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

After only seeing him in a handful of games for Chicago, but all the World Championship games I think that Andres Nocioni has Pistons DNA. Matter of fact, I sure would like to see him in a Pistons uniform sometime in the the prime of his career. Exciting player. He's like the anti-Ginobili.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Bulls will have more Piston DNA than the Pistons next season.

Hinrich, Nocioni, Ben, Tyrus Thomas, Deng.... dang.

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I couldn't agree with you more. The Bulls should be fun to watch, and I hope they do very well this season. Not as well as the Pistons, mind you...

6. special ed

special ed First Round Draft Pick

Al Harrington.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

PoisonBrew ~ Is that a joke or not?

8. special ed

special ed First Round Draft Pick

Nah, I thought that Detroit might have gained something had they gone after Al. Especially after losing Ben.
    He does bring some D and can actually shoot but I'm not certain about the team concept.

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I have the Bulls finishing behind Detroit, Miami, Cleveland, & perhaps Indiana or NJ in the east, not in that order. They may finish 4th in their own division. I don`t see them getting any better than a 5th seed in the east......with or without Ben.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Andre Iguodala