Nothing to Discuss on the Forum

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by tpaPistonFan, Dec 12, 2005.

1. tpaPistonFan

tpaPistonFan First Round Draft Pick

Face it, as Piston fans we have nothing to discuss. None of our players want to be traded, none of our players are doing/saying anything even slightly negative and none of our coaches are flirting with other teams. Oh yeah we are 15-2.

We are seeing our bench development albeit slowly. Delfino has proved me wrong and is a legit NBA player. If he continues with yesterday's momentum he might be getting 15 minutes a game regularly. Evans has been playing pretty good along with Carlos A and to some degree McNice..

Although there is still a lot of chatter in regards to Darko I think JMax is more deserving, but we are playing an 8 to 9 man rotation. Which means Darko and JMax are not going to get much time.

Oddly enough no other NBA team is following JD's master plan of building a champion. We have 5 starters that have played with each other for almost 2 years (which is the longest of any active roster). If I am not mistaken didn't the championship teams of the past (Bad Boys, Bulls, Lakers, Celtics) keep their starting 5 together for a lengthy time and let them grow into champions. Wouldn't you most agree that JD actually followed a plan that was used over and over years ago. Why do teams think they can trade 2 starters away each year and win championships? Unless you Shaq and Kobe or Mike and Scottie retro-fitting players doesn't work.

Sadly, I have stayed away from this forum for the most part because I have nothing to voice an opinion about (in regards to the 2006 champions - Detroit Pistons). I have hit rock bottom and must completely bad mouth other teams. Even more pathetic is that our main Eastern Conference competition is falling apart. Without Artest, Indiana isn't even in the Cavs league. After what he said even with him they are not in the Cavs league. I never realized how important Reggie Miller was to the Pacers until this season. Now the Heat are without Van Gundy, some would say they got a better coach in Riley. I disagree, remember he stepped down because he couldn't handle it anymore. D Wade is an open court player and the last time we saw Riley coach he was slowing down the pace so much it would make Rick C proud. I think we can all agree A Walker and J Williams will not work under Riley. That could get ugly. Not sure how D Wade and Riley will co exist, but my gut says that D Wade is a professional and will play the game Riley dictates.
    At this point it looks like a lock for the Pistons/Spurs finals rematch.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nothing?

That was a long post for "nothing to discuss". :)
  3. tpaPistonFan

tpaPistonFan First Round Draft Pick

Random thoughts!!! I am so convinced that we are the best team in the league I am waiting for the 2006 -2007 season so we can have some competition :)