NOVICE Fantasy Basketball 2009

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Oct 9, 2009.

1. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I really like my boy Brook Lopez, but man he just isn't rebounding the ball that well lately. 3 rebounds last night? You're 7 freakin feet tall brother! Grab a board once every 4th trip down the court, please!
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

From this morning's Boulder Daily Camera sports section:

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Classic creative stuff as always BDL. Keep up the good work!:)

February has always been a tough month for squirrels. Hopefully, as March rolls around, your squirrels find their nuts...:MusicBigGrin:
  4. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

OK... made a small change to the lineup for next week. Is it top 8 into the playoffs?
  5. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

That was a pretty close one between my team and the Leicester Arsenal this past week, but my boys pulled it off. This week, we travel to Denver to play the Squirrels. I told my boys that the guns need to be cleaned and ready. LOL

On another note, I'm not really liking the production out of my team as of late. Bunch of slackers.
  6. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I cant believe I lost to the Nuclear Accelerators like that. RAAAAAAAASCCOOOOOOOOEE!
  7. Mossberg

Wow, the Squirrels had me shook for a minute, but I managed a comeback on the last day to tie it. :D
  8. BallDon'tLie

I'm hanging this [strike]loss[/strike] tie on Martell Webster. He'll be suspended without pay this week for his horrible display of uninspired basketball.

...ONE 3-POINTER all week?
    ...You kiddin' me Martell?

Oh, and don't get me started on David Lee...
    When T-Mac (playing on crutches) freakin doubles you up in blocked shots... ...THAT'S effed up!

...Big shout-out to Paul Pierce for keeping us in the mix last week. Get well soon brutha!
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

My guys had a less than stellar night last night. All ten on my roster played last night and combined for a whopping 119 points. Nash, Ray Allen, Gerald Wallace & Troy Murphy led the charge combining for 19 points :P

Looks like my team is peaking coming up to the playoffs :frusty:
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:heh:..
  11. BallDon'tLie

From the Denver Post online:

http/:www.denverpostonline.com/squirrels/23422323

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

13. Mossberg

BDL is silly as hell for that one! LMAO!
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

BDL, looks like you are real close from grabbing that 6th playoff spot from Mikhail. Good work.

Food, I thought I had you until I saw it is 5-2 in games today. This is gunna be a squeaker if you shoot well.
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

My guys haven't shot many FT's this week...if they shoot a few well today I might have a chance at that cat.

Your guys shot the lights out from downtown this week :eek:
  16. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Well it's SO not fun not having Allen Iverson on the Smooth Criminals anymore. I'm so glad I drafted Big Ben Wallace because he's my other favoritest player of all time but it's just not the same with AI. I'm really in the dumps about it. If I didn't have a commitment to be a solid league GM, why I'd just darken the marquis outside the arena where we play for the season and send the rest of my squad on an early off season. But...the games still must be played so I'll be setting my lineups and limping along here half-heartedly hoping for a playoff spot...but let me tell you replacing the star power of one Allen Iverson with Mbou Mboute for his rebounding numbers was just about the most depressing drop and add in free agency I've ever done in fantasy basketball. :yellowprison: My guy's got trouble: kid trouble, wife trouble, party trouble, injury trouble, involuntary retirement trouble.
    Be strong AI. Hey and if you end up in Europe, I will SO fly there to see you play!

Over and out. That's the update from the Smooth Crims.

P.S. BDL. Don't you know the NBA is a "family" outing? Those poor women who got "screened" at your breast cancer event...just think all those tickets sales for them and their husbands and their kids and their kids kids (for generations) you lost! You aren't thinking with your wallet man! :)
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

Pic from the Squirrels breast exam night

[​IMG]
  18. BallDon'tLie

Aurora, with all due respect; this ain't the NBA. This is the PFNFBL. We're drawing about 1,300 fans per game if we're lucky. We play in the freaking old Denver Coliseum and have to schedule our games around livestock shows. We absolutely HAVE to "junk it up" to compete for the entertainment dollar here in the mile high.

That's Squirrels Strength and Conditioning Coach, Richard "Blaze" Blazkowski participating in the promotion. That's a cup of beer in his hand.
  19. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I thought it was a cup of warm caramel. :sssh:
  20. BallDon'tLie

The Squirrels have been tanking to move down to the 8th spot the last few weeks and it's worked. If the season ended today, we'd play the Coynesters (we HATE those guys) and we plan on sending them on a fishing trip in short order.

...But.

It seems that Rufus Henry and my Squirrels have taken "the tank" a bit too far. We're getting smoked this week by Kyiv and the league has mysteriously come down on Danny Granger for an "altercation" (this is total BS btw) last week.

Add to this, Hita is off on his wacky "Great Lakes adventure" while the State and Mainers are are administering a beat-down on his pathetic LeBronnless Freethrowers (more BS).

This is a freaking conspiracy to keep the Squirrels out of the playoffs if I've every seen one and I fully expect Hita to be turning his receipts in to CJ when he returns from looking at snow fields in Iowa.

To sum up: CJ has ponied up some cheddar to send Hita on some kind of lame road trip in an effort to boost the playoff chances of the team DIRECTLY BELOW the Denver Squirrels in the PFNFBL standings. I'm going to compose a strongly-worded letter to the commish ...dammit!!!

:swear2::gaah::swear2::gaah::swear2: