1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

NOVICE Fantasy Basketball 2009

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Oct 9, 2009.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

The Squirrels are officially on the Smooth Criminals bandwagon.

Most of the Squirrels are pretty smooth and we're ALL criminals; ...so it just makes sense I guess.

Plus, former Squirrel Roy Hibbert plays fo the 'Crims and he's a pretty solid "weed connection" for a lot of our players.

Go Roy!
    Go Criminals!

2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's working so far.... :ohwell:

3. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Team Captain 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not worried about debt team, I just want to avenge the 0-9 beat down State and Main handed me in the final week of the season!

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

So true, on many levels.

5. hitafreethrow

Every match up is down to the wire, it's great. What happens with a tie in the play offs?

6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

i hear league commish's flip a coin behind close doors just like the NFL... hope none of you end up tied with him. :stirthepot:

7. hitafreethrow

Roscoe is currently under investigation by the Canadian Government for false currency, in most part the ole double sided Loonie. We must find a better way.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah. But it was an honest mistake. It could have happened to anyone. Especially a Cannuckian...where they ain't too bright anyhow.The stuff Rascoe was passing is really similar to the real currency...

[​IMG]

9. detteam

detteam All-Star

Where's the Toonie?

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

[​IMG]

11. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Saturday night's allright for fightin', get a little action in!

Hey lookee who's giving the #1 seed a little run for the money as late as Saturday, Saturday, Saturday night's all right!

CJ, man you are checking this out? We were 4-4 and tied in rebounds a few minutes ago. Then I stepped away from the StatTracker to feed the basset hound and I came back and you had taken rebounds by 1 rebound but then we were tied in assists and ft%. In the time it has taken me to write this post and quote one of my least favorite Elton John songs, now I'm up 5-3 by taking ft% but we are tied in rebounds again.

Crazy, huh?

The Smooth Criminals trying to make it a memorable playoff Sunday for the Coynesters! .....We BAAAAAD.

Thanks for the support to Ball Don't Lie, Rufus and the Denver Squirrels. Unfortunately I have used up all my alcohol privileges in this lifetime, so I can't just sit here tomorrow and get sloshed watching the StatTracker hoping for this win, but somewhere I think the Squirrels and their fearless leadership will do that for me. As a matter of course.

OMG. In the time it took me to type THAT paragraph I just took rebounds. It's now 6-3.

You've been hit by...You've been struck by ...a Smooth Criminal. :)

12. coynejeremy

:messer: :shout: :eek: :frusty: :nopompom: :hmmm: :bigeyes: :mmph: :help2: :crossed: :faint2: :swear2: :ill: :gaah: :puke: :jaw: :dizzy: :rant: :yell: :hanged2: :( :redface: :mad: :doh: :dizzy2: :nailbiting: :hurt: :faint: :smow: :scared: :smash: :help: :pout: :fear: :twitch: :peep: :yuck: :mad2: :rip: :eek:

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's why you get your smack talk in whenever you can, because anyone can beat anyone in the playoffs.

14. hitafreethrow

The matchup between Debt Team and I is becoming quite epic. Every cat is down to a very small margin, except 3 pointers. I need huge days from the horses I rode in on, Lebron, JJ, and Horford. He's got Nash in a West Coast game against Portland. Going to be gooood.

15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I have smacked everyone here so if I ever go down, I'm still feeling that I gave my best :stooges:

16. coynejeremy

You still haven't beaten me, small (ball) one!

17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Maybe this year...yes, but next season - watch out, if you ever dare to show up, of course...

18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

LOL. CJ what a dramatic response to my smack talk.:pound:Unfortunately, the task of trying to knock out the #1 Seed Coynesters looks alot more daunting in the light of day than it did last night when I was giddy over my category takeovers.

Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down! I'm sitting tight right next to the StatTracker with a cup of strong Mocha Java and getting ready to do my favorite Fantasy Basketball activity...crunch the numbers, project the results, monitor the outcome. It doesn't get any better than this for me in Fantasy Basketball, so I get to do my favorite part, win or lose!

In the right corner...the Coynester's...#1 seed...Sunday Lineup!

Manu Antawn/Jamison/Al Thornton/Chris Kaman/Aaron Brooks/Al Harrington

In the left corner...the Smooooooth Criminals...#8 seed...Sunday Lineup!

Ron-Ron/Grant Hill/Amaaare/BIG BEN WALLACE/Roy Hibbert

That's the lineup and here's the tale of the Cats...the battle is for rebounds, and the field goal and free throw percent categories. I don't think assists is up for grabs but maybe. Very unlikely.

My preliminary analysis before any indepth number crunching is that the success of the Smooth Criminals may all come down to my co-favoritest player of all time. Big Ben Wallace...he could put us over the top in rebounding, he could also sink us with free throw shooting.

These are the marching orders from Joe down to Q to Ben in the game today. "Listen, Ben, there is a Pistonsforum.com Novice Fantasy GM who drafted you when NO ONE ELSE BELIEVED IN YOU. She really needs you not to get fouled in this game. Run around any direction away from anyone trying to foul you. If you just can't get away, make sure you make the free throw. She believes in you, but she'd rather not take the chance unless you have to? Got it?"

LOL. Of course Ben will do fine no matter what. You gotta dance with them what brung ya and Ben definitely has made the Smooth Criminals worth following, in fact he's made the Pistons' season worth following!

Good Luck CJ and I mean it. Our team really hasn't been so good so although I would love it if we won it also would be more than a little shocking! It would show just how SMOOOOOOOOTH we were though!

19. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Wow. Just had a chance to look at everyone else's matchups and it is really crazy. StatTracker is a must monitor today! The matchup between DebtTeam and freethrowsbaby is out of control. 4 out of 9 categories seriously in play with a few others possible on that matchup on Sunday afternoon.

20. detteam

detteam All-Star

I got lousy games out of Scola & Battier today...7 points & 2 rebounds between them. That might be enough to do me in :P