NOVICE Fantasy Basketball 2009

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Oct 9, 2009.

1. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

Sorry Moss...that was crazy! DRose missed the first two games due to injury, so if it is any consolation, i should have had more assists!
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Congrats hita. Nice game by Horford & Johnson last night. The last thing I needed was that game going to OT :frusty:

Found out what happen yesterday. Scola got in foul trouble and Battier left the game early with a hyper-extended knee :(

Perhaps the stars will align for me next fantasy season :ohwell:
  3. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I will represent the U.P. with dignity
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good luck this week, Kim. You were classy and gracious in your mauling of me this week. You didn't rub my nose in it, which I appreciate. I hope your Criminals moonwalk all the way to the league title. That would be awesome. Then I could tell everyone I was the second-best team in the league! :MusicBigGrin:
  5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

LOL. I'm not sure what happened with the Smooth Criminals last week. An amazing statistic is that upon analyzing the results of the first playoff week, the Smooth Criminals would have won every single matchup! I'm going with the theory that the Smooth Criminals are all show biz, and have been treating the regular season as rehearsal for showtime! Thanks for your well wishes CJ! I can't believe how close the matchup was with rebounds and assists for so long. I'm not sure how far we'll get. I've got some notoriously inconsistent guys (Amare, Ron-Ron) so just have to hope for the best! Also I had to bench Ben Wallace due to injury and put in...JMax..sigh...LOL...we'll see...
  6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Rivalry On! Rax, I crunched the numbers this morning and 7 out of 9 categories will be in play on our matchup. It just doesn't look like it yet. Actually the only absolutely sure cat is that the 3pt cat is so yours. IF the players on our teams this week perform to their last month's averages anything could happen. Now I realize that's a big IF. Still, it's a very competitive matchup and if you didn't have 3 key players out with injury this week, it wouldn't even be close. It's just a total drag that those guys are out, but this should still be a contest.

I know I whined and complained about the Smooth Criminals, but when you have to institute a strategy of counting on the turnover category for your only sure cat to win, that's brutal. And hey it's not my fault Amare didn't show up as an consistently overacheiving rebounder until a few weeks ago. The only real difference in my team that I can see is that Amare has finally gotten his act together, Allen Iverson is no longer in an active roster spot (sob) and the only person I have injured is Ben Wallace which helps my free throw percentage.

Look, I think it's fun when it's really close in a matchup. In fantasy sports, my favorite thing is watching the StatTracker on Sunday night. I don't mind losing by 1 assist because I'm like a gambler with fantasy sports, I like the action. The closer the better. I hope it's fun this week no matter what!
  7. hitafreethrow

I think State and Main and freethrowsbaby is going to go right down to the wire just like Debt Team and I did last week. Really great playoffs going on right now.
  8. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

IT is a close one for me (state and main). I think I am just behind enough where I won't make it at the end of the day...still, a very fun playoffs...
  9. hitafreethrow

7 players each today, it might be hard for you to come back. It has been a great playoffs! Alot of fun, I think next year I'll have to up the smack talk! discotom, I hope you stick around the forum through out the summer, and even though the fantasy season is ending soon! Everyone matters around here. I am not as active in the summer, but I still like to check in and see how everyone is.
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Wait a minute...are you guys getting your butts kicked by GIRLS???:pound::pound: :pound::pound: :pound::pound: :pound::pound::pound::pound: :pound::pound:
  11. hitafreethrow

Beno has been out of his mind the last few weeks. He's a major force.
  12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

you're afraid of girls, darth?

It is time to congratulate Kimmie for her first finals. :gift:

Kimmie, in one year, you have achieved more than Flip Saunders during his whole career!

pleas, win the whole pot so I could say that I did not lose to loser! :masterandcommander:
  13. hitafreethrow

Upsets all over. Went out on a limb and added 4 game weeker James Singleton from the Wizards to the starting lineup, hoping for a spark with his increased minutes. Good luck! Roscoe, does the winner get a lil trophy or a mounted trout beneath their avatar?
  14. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Dude, I lost my consolation game by one rebound and one steal. I just lost my first round playoff matchup by one assist the week before that! This SUCKS! LOL
  15. coynejeremy

Wow, tough break.

Strange stat: Smooth Criminals would have beaten me again this week, but she would have lost to freethrowsbaby, who would have lost to me. Weird. :frusty:

I can't believe the 7 seed is facing the 8 seed in the playoff championship matchup this week, while the 1 seed is facing the 2 seed in the consolation bracket final. Good luck to all (except detteam).
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The Novice Fantasy Basketball league is always a blast.

The problem is that you always get kicked out after a year or two. Enjoy it while you can. :)
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

I was thinking the same thing...what a bizarre final week lol

btw...I won't even need luck :nerner:
  18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Thanks so much for the congrats and well wishes Rax. I still think the results would have been quite different but for the ill-timed injuries to Tyreke, Gasol and Bynum. Still, I'll soldier on here and try to bring the Smooth Criminals all the way home.

Somewhat great minds think alike, hitafreethrow.:) I added Channing Frye who will see increased minutes with the Lopez injury and I'm hoping he can make us competitive in 3s (this would be a miracle of some magnitude in the Smooth Criminal season statistics!). Good luck to you this week. I think it could come down to those nasty % categories for the 'ship.

Weird indeed. Hopefully, this phenomenon will not repeat itself this week! :):gun1:But really....GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN EVERY BRACKET!
  19. hitafreethrow

I need my second tier players like Elton Brand and Jose Calderon to have first tier weeks. I think Brand might have one last run him those legs. It's amazing how similar he and DeJuan Blairs stats have been this year.
  20. coynejeremy

Don't make fun of DeJuan Blair like that. :MusicBigGrin: