NOVICE Fantasy Basketball 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BallDon'tLie, Sep 14, 2010.

1. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Re: NOVICE Fantasy Basketball 2010-2011 - Signup

OMG:pound::pound::pound: I laughed so hard at this entry from Ball Don't Lie that I cried. The part about DeMarcus Cousins...I am still laughing so hard.:pound::pound: This is my favorite entry ever BDL!!!!

I am totally from Day One cheering for the Denver Squirrels to win the Novice League championships. And please Ball Don't Lie, keep writing. You are really brilliant. I always read every one of your entries with absolute glee!

Oh and guess what? The Denver Squirrels and the Aurora Guardians in Advanced League had identical first two draft picks: Stephen Curry and Robin Lopez and we both have JRich. So...can I you go just a little easier on the partying for our young impressionable boys?

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

On behalf of the entire Squirrels organization, I have to say that we truly appreciate your support Aurora. I'm having our promotional staff send you a licensed Denver Squirrels ashtray from our fan-shop.

I must say that I'll be rootin' for the Guardians in advanced this season. I hope that you'll make us Novices proud!

3. BallDon'tLie

I'd like to take some time to thank the Squirrels' War-Room staff for assembling what we feel to be the greatest collection of basketball talent since the original Dream Team.

Other teams that had a nice draft include:
    - The Coynesters: weak at SG but easy to overcome
    - South Beach: I'll trade almost any player on my roster for Gilbert Arenas. He embodies what it is to be a Denver Squirrel.
    - The Ballaholics: you guys are gonna score a lot of points but nobody on you team likes to share the rock.
    - The Felons: got the steal of the draft when they picked DMC in the 9th round.
    - The Freethrowers: Roy Hibbert was a Squirrel for a little while last year. He can't handle his liquor AT ALL! He's what I like to refer to as an "emotional drunk". He tends to cry a lot when he's wasted. Beware. There's gonna be some drama there fosho.

4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

somehow..I felt a huge relief when I found that MY team is NOT in this list.

sry, Aurora, but in advance league you're doomed.

Everything what BDL touches, ROTS. :cold:

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:pound::pound::pound::pound:BDL...I concur with Aurora. Man, that made me laugh. I wish you were in the advanced league. Seriously, you could make a living writing this stuff...If you don't already.

@ CJ, Yeah. Rascoe talks a lot of crap. The stuff is borderline inappropriate but he takes advantage because he owns the joint. Personally, I'm tired of it. If anyone else said"I think I drafted the best team", they would be exiled for taunting and violating forum policy.

A dictator. That's what he is. A dictator. But I'm not afraid to speak up. I see the double standards. I congratulate you, CJ, for speaking out.

6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I'm just waiting on our great leader to offer me a sweetheart deal like he did in baseball....

I'd like to thank him again for helping me win the baseball title this year :D

As for my team... I think it looks solid minus the 3 ball, but that is going to help out my fg % So I am hoping that those two sorta help balance out my stats.

I don't know how this team will do stat wise, but if these teams were to actually play games for the season, I'd bet on my team to win the championship.

I can only imagine the rotations that Lee could come up with :D

good luck to all and always willing to listen to trades, but it will take alot more then Charlie V to pry James out of my rotation.

7. Darth Tater

I'm telling you, in all seriousness, he is absolutely the best person to deal with!

He has won many championships...for others.:pound:

The deals he makes always look like really good ones for both sides, but I swear, the man (and I use the term loosely), is absolutely cursed.

He keeps swearing he won't make any more deals, but like Charlie Brown, he trusts lucy one more time, only to have the football yanked away.

[​IMG]

8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I was checking out how the trade function worked and recalled your James whine in the draft chat so I figured it was well worth a try. :MusicBigGrin:

9. round

I laughed so hard this morning when i opened it up... I had to think you were joking but incase you wern't I thought I made an equal trade back :P

10. round

What made it really bad in the baseball league with it being a bid league.. I think he gave me one of the most expensive players for maybe 1/10 of what I paid for it. It probably balanced his team out though, was a good trade for both teams but the fact he had paid so much for him in the first place almost made me feel guilty when we made the trade. I also went into the tank right after the trade, I thought Karma for sure was biting me in the butt..... but my new star really carried me thru the playoffs.

11. BallDon'tLie

Dude, your team looks like it was autodrated by a computer with a VIRUS. Let's break 'em down shall we:

Rondo - looks like Rollo from Sanford & Son. Will battle Shaq this season for the title of worst Celtic free throw shooter.
    Shuttlesworth - Is that guy still in the league? He plays like he's 50.
    Super Collider - You DO know that the "blocks" category doesn't count shots that YOUR GUY gets blocked right?
    D-Grange - He's an EX-Squirrel. We used him all up last year and he's got nothing left.
    Zebo - I heard he was excited when he heard that he was drafted by the "Debbies". He's under the impression that you'll be paying his salary in Little Debbie snack cakes.
    Rudie Gay - ...not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Memo - Dude has the speaking voice of Latka Gravis from "Taxi". I think that "Okur" is Turkish for "soft".
    Al Harrington - already injured
    Greg Oden - 67 years old and will be injured soon
    Carl Landry - We brought him in for a pre-season workout and he sucked. Carl was at the top of our "do not draft" list.
    Taj Gibson - He'll be average until Boozer gets back. Then he'll be below average.
    Dunleavy - I remember taking a look at him in the free agent pool a couple of times last year and thinking, "Naaaaaaaaahhh, he ain't got it." ...but you actually drafted him. ...wow.

Your team is top-12 Fosho!
    See ya in week 1 raxer! :stirthepot:

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I vetoed a trade between SouthBeach (have no idea who you are) and RodneyStuckey#3, who emailed 3 minutes after he pushed it through, saying he hit the wrong button.

I have also hit the wrong button before, so I killed the trade. You guys can remake it if you want to do it still.

In the future, don't PM me only. Post to the league thread, so everyone can see that I am veto'ing a trade by request, not by fiat.

Thanks.

13. BallDon'tLie

I think that round's ball club is gonna win this thing.

14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

My (Detroit Heat) tradeoffer to Southbeach is also vetoed. Or is it the one you mean?

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You mean the trade between RodneyStuckey3 (South Beach Studs) and Mogilny (Detroit Heat).

16. Darth Tater

You're a good [STRIKE]Cannuckian[/STRIKE] person.

OK, who else had to look up "fiat"????

Don't lie. You know you did...

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah, that one.

<3

18. Darth Tater

Kind of early in the day to be hitting the bottle, Eh Rascoe? :burp: Oh, never mind. I forgot you have 6 straight months of nighttime in Anchorage, Cannuckia :cold:

19. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I strongly suggest to ask from your sponsors ...pain relieving... chemicals...because of after this matchup...you will need everything, I mean EVERYTHING what helps to forget deep humiliation.

:flame::deathstar1:

20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

BDL, who are Super Collider and Zebo? Is Rax your Week One Matchup? And sadly, I totally agree about Greg Oden. I will be amazed if he makes it past 1/3 of the season. He's just one of those guys that's really big but frail. Delicate skeletal structure apparently. I would never draft him, but I wish him the best.

BDL, I have Al Harrington by computer pick too. I'm thinking...maybe put him on the list of possibly to be jettisoned now. LOL.