NOVICE Fantasy Basketball 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BallDon'tLie, Sep 14, 2010.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

Feast your eyes on THIS starting lineup. Felonious, indeed:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Super Collider = our own Jogging Rodney Stuckey. I predict that he'll experience another fainting spell when he gets a good look at the mighty Squirrels lineup in week 1.

Zebo = Zach Randolph. ...a guy who hits the Mickey-Dees drive through and says "I'll take three of everything off of the dollar menu and a large diet coke please." (actually Zebo is a guy that we had on our draft board and I'd take him in a heartbeat. Don't tell rax though!"

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Nice post.

You should have highlighted this in yellow and put it at the bottom so Rax couldn't see it.

I do that all the time to Rascoe after I've insulted him and that is why I haven't been kicked off the forum yet. He is too dumb to know the trick.

4. BallDon'tLie

Yesterday at practice, Rufus and Marcus Thornton got into a shouting match over an un-resolved gambling debt. I can't have this.

I'm accepting offers for [STRIKE]Rufus Henry[/STRIKE] Marcus Thornton if anyone is interested.

5. Darth Tater

Sheesh. Some people just can't coexist with ANYONE. If you can't get along with [STRIKE]Marcus Thornton[/STRIKE] Rufus Henry, who CAN you get along with??

You may want to pass this on to [STRIKE]Rufus Henry [/STRIKE]Marcus Thornton.

How to Get Along with People

6. BallDon'tLie

We encourage gambling (cards, dice, roulette wheel on the team bus, various games of chance) at team functions and on road trips and feel that it fosters team chemistry. Sadly, it often escalates to substantial financial obligations for some and things can get pretty heated.

Robin Lopez lost his entire salary to our team mascot (Walter the Squirrel) last year and we signed Robin's brother Brook this year on the condition that he assume his twin brother's unpaid debts.

I have faith that Rufus and Marcus Thornton can work out their differences and get on with the season. However, until this situation is resolved, Thornton is on the trading block and we look forward to receiving reasonable offers for him.

7. Darth Tater

Knowing Walter the Squirrel, as I do, I'm sure that he would never welch on a bet. That being said, you must pay him quite a bit for his services (or paid Robin very little) in order for Walter to make such a sizeable wager.

...Or maybe he just finally found his nuts...that he previously buried...and decided to bet his life savings.

I was just thinking...if the job pays well, maybe Robin could...uhmmm... assume the role of Wanda the squirrel to pay off his debt...

8. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:pound:I knew this was who it was when I asked. LMAO. It's such a funny nickname, it really should stick. It's just exactly what he looks like when he does it. :pound:

9. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I picked up Daye and dropped CAS and even though the waiver time has run out nothing has happened with my roster. Is this normal or is something wrong?

10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

today's roster is set.... so charlie V stays on your roster, change your roster to tommorrow and you'll see the drop/add has taken place.

11. Mogilny

Thanks! :)

12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Actually hita, I have a point of information question for you. Do you remember when it was the last Sunday games of the fantasy season and one of your players beat me for Novice championship by getting 2 3 pointers in the 4th quarter of his game? Remember? Could you please tell me who that player was?
    Because I think he might be on my computer drafted Advanced Fantasy team which would be way....ironic...unbearable...karmic...? Not sure which. But I'd like to know. Thank you. I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know and then after this politeness I will go back to being mad that you are all "I'm the Queen of Novice" (you are a girl aren't you?). These guys keep referring to you like you are a guy but I'm sure you aren't, right? Because the whole big deal was that two girls beat the boys last year.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hita is a guy.

14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Really? I wonder where in the world I got that idea then. Someone was trash talking and saying that the guys were getting beat by girls but I guess they were just wrong. (Surprise surprise! LOL.)

Sorry hita. I guess you're a guy who beat me by 2 3 pointers. But who was the player. Was it Eric Gordon? Probably. My analysis of him tells me that that is all he does. So it makes sense that that is what he did that night. But do tell me if you even remember. Thanks.

15. Mogilny

Eric Gordon will win his fantasy team a whole lot of match ups this year too, starting right away with the by many feared Ballaholics.

16. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Roster is SET

17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Eric Gordon hit the three-pointers to tie you guys up in categories that week. Then hita won the tiebreaker.

http://www.pistonsforum.com/fantasy...-fantasy-basketball-2009-a-70.html#post242630

18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

OMG! That's right. It wasn't even a clear win with the 2nd 3 pointer by Gordon. It was a friggin' tiebreaker that gave him the title. I blocked it all out it was so...excruciating. Oh well...another year, another season of fantasy basketball. This year the computer picked my team and I'm in Advanced. :cold:And the computer picked Eric Gordon. Oh brother. I'll tell you right now that guy is definitely in my dog house I don't care how good he is. He can sit at the end of that bench and just think about what he did to me last year. LOL.

19. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yes my good Big Ten friend Eric Gordon bailed me out. He was hot at the end of the season, and picking Collison up off the waiver wire is what put me over the top. Being able to play JJ at the G position, and Eric Gordon at SG made it hard to beat.

20. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It wont be that close this year my friends.